FRD2014 Onboard The JOFF Big Rig In San DiegoWed 21 May 2014
Story by The JOFF Big Rig Team
Food Revolution Day 2014 on the JOFF Big Rig Mobile teaching kitchen in San Diego had the students from Herbert Hoover High School “Rapping”, “Rainbow Salad Wrapping” that is.
Over 50 high school students in 3 different classes participated in FRD 2014. That along with the additional 20 participants from the community rounded out the 5 classes offered on the Big Rig on May 16.
The students enjoyed making such a simple recipe and while some of the students were not familiar with many of the vegetables in the recipe, they were all willing to “try something new”.
Many of the students commented that they enjoyed the crispness and fresh taste of the warp and that the “Minty Yoghurt Dip” complemented it nicely.
“That was so much fun!! It was great to cook alongside my class mates”
“I have never eaten a veggie wrap in my life but this tasted awesome”
“What fun! I would have never thought that cooking could be so exciting, especially with my friends.”
It was wonderful to see so many young people cooking for the 1st time and trying foods they never had before today. See you next year for FRD 4.0!
Read about the Big Rig mobile teaching kitchen tour around California and sign up for FREE classes in San Diego here.
Find out more about Food Revolution Day which was celebrated by more than 237,800 participants in 121 countries at www.foodrevolutionday.com.
The JOFF Big Rig Team
- LAUSD: Smarter Lunchrooms
- Five Healthy Snack Ideas For Your Holiday Table
- Berkeley Passes Soda Tax
- Diaries From The Chicago Food Day 2014
- The Revolution Is Just Beginning
- RUSD Revolutionizes Children's Eating Behaviors
- Reinventing School Lunches In Chestnut Hill
- World Diabetes Day – ‘Off To The Right Start’
- Five New Side Dishes For Your Holiday Table
- Good Food Org Guide Lists Jamie Oliver Food Foundation
- The 52 New Foods Challenge
- Jamie Calls For An 'ambush' In Food Education Fight
- November 2014 Monthly Challenges
- Exploring The Food In Landlocked Developing Countries
- Blog Of The Month: Oh, Ladycakes
- Exciting News From The Chef Ann Foundation!
- Ambassador Of The Month: Food Education In Torpoint, UK
- Getting Kids To Eat Real Food, One New Food At A Time
- The Umbrella Movement & The Children Of Hong Kong
- Yummy Supper: Greens And Beans And Baked Eggs