Fun Family Festival This Weekend In Washington, D.C.Mon 28 Oct 2013
Story by The Kids Food Festival
When kids are immersed in enjoyable activities, they absorb and retain information more effectively. The Kids Food Festival embodies this philosophy of learning through fun with its weekend of family events hosted on November 2nd and 3rd, 2013 at Union Market in Washington, D.C. Families will cook, dance, laugh, and taste their way to making balanced food choices!
At the Kids Food Festival, presented by The Creative Kitchen, kids engage all five senses through hands-on, food-related activities. The magic of the festival is rooted in the fact that kids are having so much fun participating in the flavorful activities, that they don’t realize how much they are learning! Enthusiastic eaters and little epicures alike can attend hands-on cooking classes at the James Beard Foundation Future Foodies Pavilion, where renowned chefs pass on their recipes, skills, and love for all things culinary to a new generation of learners. The Balanced Plate Scavenger Hunt (based on USDA ChooseMyPlate.gov guidelines) is the core educational element of the Festival. Kids bounce between exhibitors and activities to sample tasty, wholesome snacks while learning the importance of achieving balance in their food choices. Families will enjoy live musical performances, a disco dance party, fitness workshops and more, with each of the activities relaying special messages about healthful eating.
The Kids Food Festival founder and “Big Cheese” of The Creative Kitchen, Cricket Azima, has a passion for providing cooking classes to children in New York City. “The Kids Food Festival is wonderful because it combats the very serious issue of childhood obesity in such a fun and effective way. We are able to promote and support companies that make healthful living delicious, and kids go home from the events excited about the new, better-for-you foods that they embraced,” Cricket explains. “Through the Festival we get to reach thousands of families in one weekend, and that in itself is incredible.”
General admission to the event is free, and tickets to the hands-on cooking classes in the James Beard Foundation Future Foodies Pavilion can be purchased here. The KFF is excited to support Alliance for a Healthier Generation.
About Kids Food Festival: The Festival is a weekend-long event that uses fun family activities to educate and inform children about making balanced nutrition decisions. The Creative Kitchen is an organization established to teach children about food and how to cook in a safe and educational way. The Festival will be held November 2nd and 3rd, 2013 in Washington D.C., from 10:00 am – 4:00 pm.
- Berkeley’s Efforts To Pass Measure D, The Soda Tax
- The Crunch Heard 'Round The County
- Illinois Ambassadors Join Forces On Food Day 2014
- The Dining Room Table As A Nexus For Change
- Inspiring Healthy Change In Oregon For Food Day 2014
- World Food Day 2014
- Popsicles With A Touch Of Pizzazz
- California Thursdays Success Story
- Leading The Food Revolution In Cornwall And Devon
- Win For Nutrition Education In South Florida
- Big Apple Crunch Is Back On Food Day 2014
- Real Food Media Project Launches New Film Library And Contest
- October Monthly Challenges
- Uruguay Establishes New Standards For School Food
- Petit Gourmet Spreads 'Fooducation' In Uruguay
- Rethinking Breakfast And Back-to-School Habits
- Celebrate Food Day On October 24
- Blog Of The Month: Food Day Blog
- Ambassador Of The Month: Real Food In Forbes, Australia
- Los Angeles Community Garden Council