Getting Everyone Cooking AgainWed 19 Dec 2012
Story by The Food Revolution Team
A Great Food Filled Year!
We want to change the way people eat and get them cooking again, to inspire them with great recipes and to educate them that cooking shouldn’t be intimidating and that good food isn’t the preserve of fancy chefs and posh restaurants. After all cooking and preparing homemade food from scratch is an essential life skill, and what’s more, it can be great fun to!
That’s why, each month we highlight one of our Food Revolution recipes through our social media and encourage people to try it out at home. Whether it’s getting your kids in the kitchen creating some simple, delicious oatmeal and raisin cookies or from scratch pizzas, or trying a new alternative to a traditional dish like our vegetable chile, it’s all about getting in the kitchen and cooking from scratch!
Our recipe for this month is our spinach, red onion and feta frittata, a great breakfast or brunch for a crowd over the holidays, and you can even add in some of your leftovers too!
Don’t worry if you missed out on any of the recipes from this year, as you can see them all below.
Community Recipes and Photos
We're continually inspired by the pictures that our community share with us, whether it’s trying out new recipes at home and letting us know how it went, or sharing photos of their own creations, fresh fruit and veg or their kids getting busy in the kitchen.
Here are just some of our highlights from 2012:
• La Tavola Marche I ❤ Root Vegetables - Fresh picked from our garden!
• Fast Good Cooking Buckwheat pancakes with pecorino romano cheese, apples and walnuts
• Diego Ruete My daughters Juana (2 1/2) and Lola (4) at cooking class among other children between 4 and 10 years old
• Project CHEF Our little chefs love all kinds of greens in their salad: arugula, kale, pea shoots, dandelion, mustard greens
• Amy Kehs Made Evolution tomato salad tonight!
• Margaret Matheson Thanks for the inspiration!
2012 Recipes of the Month
2012 recipes of the month
• January: Minestrone Soup
• February: All-American Pancakes
• March: Spaghetti and Meatballs
• April: Chicken Fajitas
• May: Garden Salad with a Buttermilk Dressing
• June: Barbequed Chicken
• July: Evolution Tomato Salad
• August: Basic Pizza
• September: Vegetarian Chile
• October: Minestrone Soup
• November: Oatmeal and Raisin Cookies
• December: Spinach, Red Onion and Feta Frittata
Next year we’ll have some brand new recipes for you to try out so stay tuned. Don’t forget to let us know what you’re cooking and post your photos on our Food Revolution Community facebook page or tweet them to us @foodrev!
The Food Revolution Team
- Real Food And Conscious Living In Bend, Oregon
- Eat. Live. Travel. Write: Inspiring A Love Of Cooking Through Words
- Why Do You Eat Real?
- "If You Can Imagine It, You Can Achieve It!"
- Global Food Initiative
- London Flagship Food Boroughs – Tackling Obesity
- Breakfast: A Most Treasured Meal Of The Day
- Lifestyle Diseases – A Review Of Actions
- Food Lab Celebrates 30 Years Of Healthy Food Empowerment
- Sparking Change In Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Good And Cheap: Cooking Delicious Meals On A Budget
- July’s Monthly Challenges
- Food Revolution Day 2014 - The Results Are In!
- Ambassador Of The Month: Sándor From Hungary
- Blog Of The Month: These Girls Love Food
- School Lunch Standards At Risk: Updates
- FAVE - Improving Access To Healthy Foods
- How Jamie Oliver's Big Rig Tour Changed Our Lives
- June’s Monthly Challenges
- The 2013-2014 Big Rig Tour Around California!