Give The Gift Of Food Education This HolidayWed 28 Nov 2012
Story by Michelle Thai
This year as you shop online for your holiday gift list, you can also raise funds for free and support better food education at the same time.
It’s easy, it’s simple and it’s FREE!
All you need to do is download our free fundraising tool, the Jamie Oliver Food Foundation Giving Assistant to Firefox, Chrome, Safari or Internet Explorer (it only takes about 10 seconds!), and as you shop on hundreds of partner websites, a portion of your purchase is donated to the Jamie Oliver Food Foundation. The online retailers provide the fund so it will never cost you a penny!
Give Back this Holiday Season!
Once you’ve downloaded the Jamie Oliver Food Foundation Giving Assistant it’s so easy to raise funds for free:
Up to 2% of your purchase at BestBuy.com is directed to the Jamie Oliver Food Foundation when you click the "make it count" button. That means buying a TV like a $529.99 Insignia™ LCD HDTV will raise $10.60 for better food education, at no extra cost to you.
0.5% of your electronics or accessories purchase from Newegg.com is donated. $5.99 is donated to the better food education from a Macbook Pro purchase. That's $5.99 you're already paying, simply redirected to the Jamie Oliver Food Foundation with the Giving Assistant.
Other holiday gifts like photobooks and holiday cards from Snapfish.com and Walgreens.com generate donations of 10% and 3.5% of your purchase, respectively.
If you have questions of specific products, email the Giving Assistant support team at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be happy to tell you how much any product from partner websites will raise for better food education!
Make a difference as you shop your holiday list this year with the Jamie Oliver Food Foundation Giving Assistant!
Funds raised for the Jamie Oliver Food Foundation through the Giving Assistant go to projects that work to bring better food education to schools, communities, homes and businesses through awareness-raising initiatives and hands-on food education programs.
About the author: Michelle Thai is the marketing manager for the Globalmojo and the Giving Assistant.
- Global Food Initiative
- London Flagship Food Boroughs – Tackling Obesity
- Breakfast: A Most Treasured Meal Of The Day
- Lifestyle Diseases – A Review Of Actions
- Food Lab Celebrates 30 Years Of Healthy Food Empowerment
- Sparking Change In Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Good And Cheap: Cooking Delicious Meals On A Budget
- July’s Monthly Challenges
- Food Revolution Day 2014 - The Results Are In!
- Ambassador Of The Month: Sándor From Hungary
- Blog Of The Month: These Girls Love Food
- School Lunch Standards At Risk: Updates
- FAVE - Improving Access To Healthy Foods
- How Jamie Oliver's Big Rig Tour Changed Our Lives
- June’s Monthly Challenges
- The 2013-2014 Big Rig Tour Around California!
- Are You Fed Up?
- Steal My Meals - A Natural Extension To A Love Of Cooking
- Getting Kids Excited About Real Food In Sweden
- FRD2014 Onboard The JOFF Big Rig In San Diego