Global Communities Joining ForcesWed 26 Sep 2012
Story by The Food Revolution Team
Uniting One Young World & The Food Revolution
After addressing the OYW community on the global affliction of obesity and diet related disease in Zurich last year, Jamie returns to the youth conference this year on the 18th and 19th October.
In just three weeks’ time, Jamie will join One Young World in Pittsburgh, to highlight not only what the local community is doing to improve its food culture, but also how we all play a role in reversing and preventing obesity and diet-related diseases in our local communities worldwide.
At OYW 2011, we took the Food Revolution global for the very first time and since then the movement has really taken off worldwide. On May 19, the first ever Food Revolution Day this year, revolutionaries in 664 cities across 62 countries joined the movement and stood up with their communities for real food and better food education. This showed us the appetite the world has for a Food Revolution and just how many people are ready to get something started in their own communities.
Armed with this knowledge and with real food advocates across the world ready to get going, we created the Food Revolution Community Ambassador Program this summer, to further engage our supporters all year round and to get the Food Revolution started in even more communities across the world.
As Jamie and the Food Revolution team will be bringing the global Food Revolution to OYW we want to highlight how important our ambassadors are and others on the ground making a difference. It is these individuals that are creating real change in their communities and we want to further connect them through OYW, five months on from Food Revolution Day , to build on our already powerful team!
To do this we’re connecting our ambassadors in the lead up to OYW, with OYW delegates and youth activists across the world, from Belgium to Jakarta and beyond!
Are you a One Young World delegate interested in joining the Food Revolution?
If you are a OYW delegate interested in real food and food education get in touch with us at email@example.com to find out how you can get involved and help make a difference in your local community. You can also connect with us @foodrev on Twitter.
Or do you want to bring the Food Revolution to your community through our ambassador program? Apply here!
We’ll keep you posted as OYW Pittsburgh plans develop and ways in which you can tune in!
The Food Revolution Team
- Let’s Get Food Education In Every School!
- Food Revolution Day 2013 Kicks Off Tomorrow!
- Work It! Food Revolution Day 2013 On The Job
- Nine Year Old Sadie Kick Starts A Food Revolution!
- Hangout With Jamie Oliver On Food Revolution Day!
- Host A School Activity With A Simple Lesson: Eat Good Food!
- Bringing Food Revolution Day To Campus
- One Meal Together: Stories From My Canadian Kitchen
- Making A Big Difference By Starting Small On #FRD2013
- Food Revolution Day Newry: Aiming Big For 2013
- A Key To Healthy Eating: Cook Together
- The Power Of Community For Food Revolution Day 2013
- Zynga Joins Food Revolution Day!
- A Simple Way To Join Food Revolution Day At Home
- A Real Food Picnic For Food Revolution Day 2013
- Orford Festival Of Food For Food Revolution Day
- Everyone’s Revolution: Eating Well For Less
- Make A Healthy Lunch This Food Revolution Day!
- Announcing May’s Monthly Challenges
- Teaching A Love Of Real Food Around The World