Growing A Global Food RevolutionThu 12 Apr 2012
Story by The Food Revolution Day Team
The Food Revolution Day Website is live and ready for you to upload your #RealFood Events!
We’re so excited about this first big opportunity to unify all of the work being done by Jamie’s foundation teams in the UK, USA and Australia and to give everyone around the world a platform to join us in standing up for real food on May 19 2012.
This is our first-ever Food Revolution Day, a day of action to inspire, educate, and empower people everywhere to stand up for real food. Thousands of people worldwide will participate in events to raise awareness on preventing diet-related diseases, promote better food education and arm people with the knowledge and tools to make healthier food choices.
Obesity is preventable yet at least 2.8 million adults around the world die each year as a result of being overweight or obese. In fact, the majority of the world’s population is more likely to die from obesity than from hunger (Reference: WHO). Kids are growing up overweight and malnourished from a diet of processed foods. Food Revolution Day aims to empower people to make healthier food choices that lead to healthier lives.
100% of net funds raised for Food Revolution Day will go to support food education projects for both children and adults through Jamie’s foundation work in the U.S., UK and Australia.
Anyone can host or attend an event for Food Revolution Day - schools, businesses, restaurants, chefs, bloggers, parents, grandparents and youth - as a way to learn more about cooking or share your skills and knowledge about food with your community.
What Can YOU Do?
• Host a Dinner Party for Food Revolution Day, party join people around to world in hosting a special meal in support of food education and increasing awareness about the food we eat.
• Create a Local Food Event in your community, it’s is the perfect opportunity to talk about the food produced and sold in your local area, and to get people to begin thinking about their food choices.
• Check out Jamie’s Featured Recipes and submit your own. We want to keep cooking skills alive! Cooking and eating is a great way to bring everyone together, while ensuring you eat fresh, healthy, cooked from scratch meals.
• Watch some great videos and add your voice! See why people support the Food Revolution, actions they’re taking, favourite ingredients and top tips from the community. You can also check out the official Food Revolution Day video!
• Get the facts; check out our amazing Infographic
• Think you have what it takes to be a local Food Revolution Day Ambassador for your community? You can still apply here.
Find Out More On The Food Revolution Day Website:
About the Day
Where the Funds Go
The Food Revolution Day Team
FB: Food Revolution Community
t: @FoodRev H: #FoodRevolution #RealFood
Pin: Food Revolution
G+: Food Revolution Community
YT: Jamie’s Food Revolution
- "If You Can Imagine It, You Can Achieve It!"
- Global Food Initiative
- London Flagship Food Boroughs – Tackling Obesity
- Breakfast: A Most Treasured Meal Of The Day
- Lifestyle Diseases – A Review Of Actions
- Food Lab Celebrates 30 Years Of Healthy Food Empowerment
- Sparking Change In Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Good And Cheap: Cooking Delicious Meals On A Budget
- July’s Monthly Challenges
- Food Revolution Day 2014 - The Results Are In!
- Ambassador Of The Month: Sándor From Hungary
- Blog Of The Month: These Girls Love Food
- School Lunch Standards At Risk: Updates
- FAVE - Improving Access To Healthy Foods
- How Jamie Oliver's Big Rig Tour Changed Our Lives
- June’s Monthly Challenges
- The 2013-2014 Big Rig Tour Around California!
- Are You Fed Up?
- Steal My Meals - A Natural Extension To A Love Of Cooking
- Getting Kids Excited About Real Food In Sweden