Halloween Treat - Rocky Road Kill Recipe!Tue 29 Oct 2013
Story by Food Revolution Team
This Halloween we’ve got an exclusive treat recipe for you from Jamie, Rocky Road Kill!
How do you celebrate Halloween and what treats will you be making at home from scratch this year? Check out some ideas from our community members here, and let us know yours by posting on our Food Revolution Community page.
If you’re looking for some inspiration for a treat this Halloween, here’s Jamie’s exclusive ‘Rocky Road Kill’!
Rocky Road Kill
1 cup butter (1 pat)
2 cups dark choc (4 packs)
4 tbsp golden syrup
250g digestive biscuits
1/2 cup walnuts
1/2 cup mixed cherries and cranberries
Handful different sized marshmallows
1/2 cup flaked coconut
Chocolate biscuits for tombstones
Icing sugar for dusting
Grease and line a square tin with baking parchment.
To make the fridge cake, in a bowl over simmering water melt the butter, chocolate and golden syrup.
Stir well and once melted scrunch in the digestive biscuits, and remaining ingredients.
Mix well then pour into the prepared tin. Scatter over the coconut flakes and push in a few chocolate biscuits for tombstones.
Pop in the fridge for a few hours to set.
Remove from the fridge, carefully remove from the tin then finish with small meringues and a dusting of icing sugar.
Cut into squares and give out to trick-or-treaters.
Check out Jamie making this recipe on his Food Tube channel here.
Don’t forget to share your images with us, whether of your costumes, treats, or Halloween decorations by posting on our Food Revolution Community page.
The Food Revolution Team
Recipe and Photo Credit: Jamie Oliver’s Food Tube
- The 52 New Foods Challenge: Easy Soup Recipes
- Food Revolution Toronto: Teamwork For A Common Goal
- Easy Holiday No Bake Desserts
- December 2014 Monthly Challenges
- The US School Food Fight: An Update
- Blog Of The Month: The 52 New Foods Challenge
- Ambassador Of The Month: Getting Kids Excited To Cook
- The UK School Food Plan - Year One
- Cooking Studio Brings Food Education To Taiwan
- Thanksgiving Leftovers For Breakfast
- Thanksgiving Food Traditions
- Eating Real For The Holidays
- LAUSD: Smarter Lunchrooms
- Five Healthy Snack Ideas For Your Holiday Table
- Berkeley Passes Soda Tax
- Diaries From The Chicago Food Day 2014
- The Revolution Is Just Beginning
- RUSD Revolutionizes Children's Eating Behaviors
- Reinventing School Lunches In Chestnut Hill
- World Diabetes Day – ‘Off To The Right Start’