Halloween Treat - Rocky Road Kill Recipe!Tue 29 Oct 2013
Story by Food Revolution Team
This Halloween we’ve got an exclusive treat recipe for you from Jamie, Rocky Road Kill!
How do you celebrate Halloween and what treats will you be making at home from scratch this year? Check out some ideas from our community members here, and let us know yours by posting on our Food Revolution Community page.
If you’re looking for some inspiration for a treat this Halloween, here’s Jamie’s exclusive ‘Rocky Road Kill’!
Rocky Road Kill
1 cup butter (1 pat)
2 cups dark choc (4 packs)
4 tbsp golden syrup
250g digestive biscuits
1/2 cup walnuts
1/2 cup mixed cherries and cranberries
Handful different sized marshmallows
1/2 cup flaked coconut
Chocolate biscuits for tombstones
Icing sugar for dusting
Grease and line a square tin with baking parchment.
To make the fridge cake, in a bowl over simmering water melt the butter, chocolate and golden syrup.
Stir well and once melted scrunch in the digestive biscuits, and remaining ingredients.
Mix well then pour into the prepared tin. Scatter over the coconut flakes and push in a few chocolate biscuits for tombstones.
Pop in the fridge for a few hours to set.
Remove from the fridge, carefully remove from the tin then finish with small meringues and a dusting of icing sugar.
Cut into squares and give out to trick-or-treaters.
Check out Jamie making this recipe on his Food Tube channel here.
Don’t forget to share your images with us, whether of your costumes, treats, or Halloween decorations by posting on our Food Revolution Community page.
The Food Revolution Team
Recipe and Photo Credit: Jamie Oliver’s Food Tube
- California Legislation Calls For Warning Labels On Soda
- Real Food Media Project Announces Winners
- New School Meal Standards Increase Fruit, Vegetable Consumption
- A Visit From Jamie Oliver & His Mobile Kitchen Big Rig
- March’s Monthly Challenges
- Lessons Learned From Cooking
- The Big Rig Rolls On To Next NorCal Stop
- Coming Up On May 16 - The 3rd Food Revolution Day!
- Food Culture And Education In Japan
- Blog Of The Month: Veggie Desserts
- A Food Revolution Adventure From The US To Europe
- Encouraging Passions To Foster Our Sustainable Food Future
- Paying It Forward For Life
- Cooking Basics – Learning Cooking Skills And So Much More
- Edible Schoolyard New Orleans: Growing A Love Of Food
- Nutrition Provisions In The Farm Bill
- One Moms Mission For A Candy-free School Valentine
- Join In On The Fun At The Kids Food Festival
- A Naturally Sweet School Valentine's Day
- TEDxManhattan "Changing The Way We Eat"