Halloween Treat - Rocky Road Kill Recipe!Tue 29 Oct 2013
Story by Food Revolution Team
This Halloween weíve got an exclusive treat recipe for you from Jamie, Rocky Road Kill!
How do you celebrate Halloween and what treats will you be making at home from scratch this year? Check out some ideas from our community members here, and let us know yours by posting on our Food Revolution Community page.
If youíre looking for some inspiration for a treat this Halloween, hereís Jamieís exclusive ĎRocky Road Killí!
Rocky Road Kill
1 cup butter (1 pat)
2 cups dark choc (4 packs)
4 tbsp golden syrup
250g digestive biscuits
1/2 cup walnuts
1/2 cup mixed cherries and cranberries
Handful different sized marshmallows
1/2 cup flaked coconut
Chocolate biscuits for tombstones
Icing sugar for dusting
Grease and line a square tin with baking parchment.
To make the fridge cake, in a bowl over simmering water melt the butter, chocolate and golden syrup.
Stir well and once melted scrunch in the digestive biscuits, and remaining ingredients.
Mix well then pour into the prepared tin. Scatter over the coconut flakes and push in a few chocolate biscuits for tombstones.
Pop in the fridge for a few hours to set.
Remove from the fridge, carefully remove from the tin then finish with small meringues and a dusting of icing sugar.
Cut into squares and give out to trick-or-treaters.
Check out Jamie making this recipe on his Food Tube channel here.
Donít forget to share your images with us, whether of your costumes, treats, or Halloween decorations by posting on our Food Revolution Community page.
The Food Revolution Team
Recipe and Photo Credit: Jamie Oliverís Food Tube
- The 3rd Annual SWAT Cook-Off 2014
- Chinese-Processed Chicken In School Meals
- How Scholarships For Groceries Aim To Impact Food Deserts
- Common Threads' World Festival
- Calling All Moms, Parents, Advocates!
- The Cycle Of Giving
- What Does The Food Movement Mean To You?
- Food Revolution Day - Let's Get Kids Excited About Food
- Breathing Energy And Life Into Real Food And Education
- The Big Rig Comes To The City Of Angels
- Feed Me Dearly: The Power Of Good Food
- Empowering High Schoolers To Make Better Food Choices
- Aprilís Monthly Challenges
- The Global Food Revolution Continues
- Eating To Live
- Quality Time On The Mobile Teaching Big Rig
- Fast Food Advertising: Itís Time To Start Paying Attention
- Food Revolution Pittsburgh Cooking Club: Fancy Water
- How The Circus Turned My Picky Eater Into A Food Lover
- Getting Rooted In East Harlem