Halloween Treat - Rocky Road Kill Recipe!Tue 29 Oct 2013
Story by Food Revolution Team
This Halloween we’ve got an exclusive treat recipe for you from Jamie, Rocky Road Kill!
How do you celebrate Halloween and what treats will you be making at home from scratch this year? Check out some ideas from our community members here, and let us know yours by posting on our Food Revolution Community page.
If you’re looking for some inspiration for a treat this Halloween, here’s Jamie’s exclusive ‘Rocky Road Kill’!
Rocky Road Kill
1 cup butter (1 pat)
2 cups dark choc (4 packs)
4 tbsp golden syrup
250g digestive biscuits
1/2 cup walnuts
1/2 cup mixed cherries and cranberries
Handful different sized marshmallows
1/2 cup flaked coconut
Chocolate biscuits for tombstones
Icing sugar for dusting
Grease and line a square tin with baking parchment.
To make the fridge cake, in a bowl over simmering water melt the butter, chocolate and golden syrup.
Stir well and once melted scrunch in the digestive biscuits, and remaining ingredients.
Mix well then pour into the prepared tin. Scatter over the coconut flakes and push in a few chocolate biscuits for tombstones.
Pop in the fridge for a few hours to set.
Remove from the fridge, carefully remove from the tin then finish with small meringues and a dusting of icing sugar.
Cut into squares and give out to trick-or-treaters.
Check out Jamie making this recipe on his Food Tube channel here.
Don’t forget to share your images with us, whether of your costumes, treats, or Halloween decorations by posting on our Food Revolution Community page.
The Food Revolution Team
Recipe and Photo Credit: Jamie Oliver’s Food Tube
- Blog Of The Month: Oh, Lady Cakes
- Exciting News From The Chef Ann Foundation!
- Ambassador Of The Month: Food Education In Torpoint, UK
- Getting Kids To Eat Real Food, One New Food At A Time
- The Umbrella Movement & The Children Of Hong Kong
- Yummy Supper: Greens And Beans And Baked Eggs
- Yummy Supper: A Vehicle Of Deliciousness
- Berkeley’s Efforts To Pass Measure D, The Soda Tax
- The Crunch Heard 'Round The County
- Illinois Ambassadors Join Forces On Food Day 2014
- The Dining Room Table As A Nexus For Change
- Inspiring Healthy Change In Oregon For Food Day 2014
- World Food Day 2014
- Popsicles With A Touch Of Pizzazz
- California Thursdays Success Story
- Leading The Food Revolution In Cornwall And Devon
- Win For Nutrition Education In South Florida
- Big Apple Crunch Is Back On Food Day 2014
- Real Food Media Project Launches New Film Library And Contest
- October Monthly Challenges