Live Community ConversationsWed 19 Dec 2012
Story by The Food Revolution Team
Hanging Out in 2012
This year we’ve had some amazing live conversation with real food advocates and experts from all across the world!
Using Google+ Hangouts, which allow you to have a live conversation with up to 10 people and allow others from all over the world to tune in and watch, we’ve been able to connect with our global community in a fun and unique way.
Jamie’s Food Revolution Day Hangout
On Food Revolution Day on May 19, Jamie hosted the first ever Food Revolution Google+ Hangout where he was joined live by food revolutionaries from Malaysia, Australia and America to talk about the global movement and how our community members were celebrating the inaugural Food Revolution Day!
Inspired by Jamie’s hangout we’ve been hosting our own!
Food Revolution Community Hangouts
• Back-to-School and School Food
With new regulations affecting school meals across the US this year, we decided to host a hangout to let people know what these regulations mean, and how you can help support their implementation. Chef Ann Cooper, Marshall Reid, Harvard School of Public Health and the CSPI joined to talk about the importance of a nutritious, wholesome school lunch, why food education is important and the one thing schools can do to make a HUGE difference.
• The Global Food Revolution Community
This year we launched our ambassador program, so what better way to celebrate it than through a live conversation with ambassadors from across the world! Ambassadors from Canada, America, Uruguay and Italy told us why they joined the real food movement and how cooking should be intimidating but that in fact it’s one of the best things in life!
• Celebrating Real Food and Shaping a Better Future
To celebrate Food Day, the nationwide movement in the US towards healthy, sustainable, affordable food, we hosted a real food special Hangout where we were joined by the Food Day team and ambassadors hosting events to celebrate the movement. We also celebrated One Young World, following Jamie’s panel there and through making lasting connecting we can all work together to shape a better future.
• Holiday Cooking Special
We finished our first round of community hangouts with a holiday special, where chefs and cooks from around the world joined us to share some of their holiday traditions and top tips. Some of our chefs also got busy in the kitchen during the hangout, making some traditional dishes from the UK, Greece and Argentina. Watch out for the snowman too!
We’ve got some exciting new topics to engage people in next year, plus we’re always looking out for people to join the live conversation and our hangouts so stay tuned!
Here’s to continuing the global conversation in 2013!
The Food Revolution Team
- Propelling A School Food Revolution!
- December’s Monthly Challenges
- School Food And Policy In The U.S.
- Jamie's Foundation In America And It's Global Impact
- #FoodRevThanks And Gratitude
- Change Is Happening In Pittsburgh!
- Meet Our Malaysian Food Hero
- Blog Of The Month: The Wednesday Chef
- Cooking Up Change In Fresno
- Food Revolution Shake Up In Vienna
- Food Education: Counting Colors Instead Of Calories
- Mira’s Young Chefs - Hands-on, Educational And Fun Cooking Classes
- What Do You Mean, “Whole Foods – The Store?”
- Hong Kong’s Food Education Program – Think.Cook.Save.
- Manifesto For Pupils' Snack In Romania
- November’s Monthly Challenges
- High Protein Snacks That Satisfy
- Halloween Treat - Rocky Road Kill Recipe!
- Jamie Oliver Addresses The Global Food Revolution
- Huntington’s Kitchen Still Going Strong!