Hangout With Jamie Oliver On Food Revolution Day!Tue 14 May 2013
Story by The Food Revolution Day Team
This Friday, to celebrate the second annual Food Revolution Day we’re hosting a live conversation with Jamie Oliver and food revolutionaries from around the world.
Food Revolution Day is a global day of action for people everywhere to come together and stand up for good food and essential cooking skills, and to mark the day we’re bringing some of the amazing people celebrating the day together to chat live with Jamie!
Friday May 17
At 11am PST / 2pm EST / 7pm GMT we’ll be connecting with people from across the world to hear what the Food Revolution means to them and what they have planned for the day itself – whether at home, at school, at work or in the wider community.
Joining Jamie Oliver LIVE to celebrate the amazing things happening around the world are:
• Food Revolution Ambassador Lindsey Shifley, from Mundelein, Illinois.
• Food Revolution Ambassador Oscar Hinojosa from Nuevo Leon, Mexico
• Food Revolution Ambassador Juna Alawadhi from Kuwait City, Kuwait
• Google chefs Jason Crayne, Norell Van Krieken from Mountain View, California and Bill Billenstein from Los Angeles, California
• Whole Foods Franklin Store Nicole Roll and Food Revolution Ambassador Shane Valentine, California
We’re also excited to announce that moderating the conversation is Anna Lappé!
Anna is a widely respected author and educator, known for her work as a sustainable food advocate. Named one of Time magazine’s “eco” Who’s-Who, Anna is a founding principal of the Small Planet Institute and the Small Planet Fund. Anna is currently leading the Real Food Media Project, a collaborative project using online videos, a web-based resource center, and grassroots events to inspire, educate, and grow the movement for sustainable food and farming across the United States, and we can’t wait to have her join us live to celebrate Food Revolution Day!
On May 17, you can tune in to watch this live conversation and be inspired by some amazing food revolutionaries.
Watch at 11am PST / 2pm EST / 7pm GMT on May 17 at www.youtube.com/foodrevolution!
If you’re already on Google+, then visit this event page to RSVP.
There are already hundreds of activities taking place in home, schools, workplaces and communities registered on our global map, with more being added every day, and we can’t wait to hear about some of these activities live from the people behind them.
If you haven’t already, be sure to add your activity at www.foodrevolutionday.com.
Watch Jamie’s live hangout from last year to get you in the mood. Here’s to hanging out with food revolutionaries this Friday!
The Food Revolution Day Team
@foodrev | #FRD2013
- A Family In Fresno Meets The Big Rig
- The Food Revolution Pittsburgh Cooking Club: Year One
- Propelling A School Food Revolution!
- December’s Monthly Challenges
- School Food And Policy In The U.S.
- Jamie's Foundation In America And It's Global Impact
- #FoodRevThanks And Gratitude
- Change Is Happening In Pittsburgh!
- Meet Our Malaysian Food Hero
- Blog Of The Month: The Wednesday Chef
- Cooking Up Change In Fresno
- Food Revolution Shake Up In Vienna
- Food Education: Counting Colors Instead Of Calories
- Mira’s Young Chefs - Hands-on, Educational And Fun Cooking Classes
- What Do You Mean, “Whole Foods – The Store?”
- Hong Kong’s Food Education Program – Think.Cook.Save.
- Manifesto For Pupils' Snack In Romania
- November’s Monthly Challenges
- High Protein Snacks That Satisfy
- Halloween Treat - Rocky Road Kill Recipe!