Hangout With Jamie Oliver On Food Revolution Day!Tue 14 May 2013
Story by The Food Revolution Day Team
This Friday, to celebrate the second annual Food Revolution Day we’re hosting a live conversation with Jamie Oliver and food revolutionaries from around the world.
Food Revolution Day is a global day of action for people everywhere to come together and stand up for good food and essential cooking skills, and to mark the day we’re bringing some of the amazing people celebrating the day together to chat live with Jamie!
Friday May 17
At 11am PST / 2pm EST / 7pm GMT we’ll be connecting with people from across the world to hear what the Food Revolution means to them and what they have planned for the day itself – whether at home, at school, at work or in the wider community.
Joining Jamie Oliver LIVE to celebrate the amazing things happening around the world are:
• Food Revolution Ambassador Lindsey Shifley, from Mundelein, Illinois.
• Food Revolution Ambassador Oscar Hinojosa from Nuevo Leon, Mexico
• Food Revolution Ambassador Juna Alawadhi from Kuwait City, Kuwait
• Google chefs Jason Crayne, Norell Van Krieken from Mountain View, California and Bill Billenstein from Los Angeles, California
• Whole Foods Franklin Store Nicole Roll and Food Revolution Ambassador Shane Valentine, California
We’re also excited to announce that moderating the conversation is Anna Lappé!
Anna is a widely respected author and educator, known for her work as a sustainable food advocate. Named one of Time magazine’s “eco” Who’s-Who, Anna is a founding principal of the Small Planet Institute and the Small Planet Fund. Anna is currently leading the Real Food Media Project, a collaborative project using online videos, a web-based resource center, and grassroots events to inspire, educate, and grow the movement for sustainable food and farming across the United States, and we can’t wait to have her join us live to celebrate Food Revolution Day!
On May 17, you can tune in to watch this live conversation and be inspired by some amazing food revolutionaries.
Watch at 11am PST / 2pm EST / 7pm GMT on May 17 at www.youtube.com/foodrevolution!
If you’re already on Google+, then visit this event page to RSVP.
There are already hundreds of activities taking place in home, schools, workplaces and communities registered on our global map, with more being added every day, and we can’t wait to hear about some of these activities live from the people behind them.
If you haven’t already, be sure to add your activity at www.foodrevolutionday.com.
Watch Jamie’s live hangout from last year to get you in the mood. Here’s to hanging out with food revolutionaries this Friday!
The Food Revolution Day Team
@foodrev | #FRD2013
- Inspiring Healthy Change In Oregon For Food Day 2014
- World Food Day 2014
- Popsicles With A Touch Of Pizzazz
- California Thursdays Success Story
- Leading The Food Revolution In Cornwall And Devon
- Win For Nutrition Education In South Florida
- Big Apple Crunch Is Back On Food Day 2014
- Real Food Media Project Launches New Film Library And Contest
- October Monthly Challenges
- Uruguay Establishes New Standards For School Food
- Petit Gourmet Spreads 'Fooducation' In Uruguay
- Rethinking Breakfast And Back-to-School Habits
- Celebrate Food Day On October 24
- Blog Of The Month: Food Day Blog
- Ambassador Of The Month: Real Food In Forbes, Australia
- Los Angeles Community Garden Council
- Childhood Obesity Month Sets Stage For Healthy Schools
- Thought For Food - Tackling The Biggest Issues Facing Our Food
- Top Tips For Food Education
- Happy Food Literacy Month California!