Help Bring The Food Revolution To Your SchoolFri 20 Aug 2010
Story by Casson Rosenblatt
We are so excited to be introducing the activist program to you as we work towards the launch of the brand new Food Revolution website and activism community this fall. We hope that it will create a network of community leaders across the states forming an on-the-ground movement! Casson Rosenblatt from the TED Prize team has been working closely with us in the development of this and introduces the program.
This fall the Food Revolution will begin a program to support you, the students, parents and concerned citizens of America, in creating change in your local school lunchroom. Beginning with three achievable goals, we hope to expand and unite the movement of activists fighting to improve school food for all children.
We are currently developing a straight forward, step-by-step approach to help leaders organize and empower their community. A set of online and offline tools, such as downloadable PowerPoint presentations and conference calls, will accompany each step along the path to change.
A newly designed website, also launching in the fall, will support the program. It will be a place for leaders, community members, local organizations and interested people to connect, learn and share.
If you are interested in leading your community, sign up here. There is a ‘Become an Activist’ form below the petition map. We will then send you all of the information you will need as we get closer to the launch.
About the author: Casson Rosenblatt is the Community Catalyst of the TED Prize part of TED Conferences, in New York City, supporting Jamie’s Food Revolution
- The Real Food Innovator Awards
- California Legislation Calls For Warning Labels On Soda
- Real Food Media Project Announces Winners
- New School Meal Standards Increase Fruit, Vegetable Consumption
- A Visit From Jamie Oliver & His Mobile Kitchen Big Rig
- March’s Monthly Challenges
- Lessons Learned From Cooking
- The Big Rig Rolls On To Next NorCal Stop
- Coming Up On May 16 - The 3rd Food Revolution Day!
- Food Culture And Education In Japan
- Blog Of The Month: Veggie Desserts
- A Food Revolution Adventure From The US To Europe
- Encouraging Passions To Foster Our Sustainable Food Future
- Paying It Forward For Life
- Cooking Basics – Learning Cooking Skills And So Much More
- Edible Schoolyard New Orleans: Growing A Love Of Food
- Nutrition Provisions In The Farm Bill
- One Moms Mission For A Candy-free School Valentine
- Join In On The Fun At The Kids Food Festival
- A Naturally Sweet School Valentine's Day