Help Bring The Food Revolution To Your SchoolFri 20 Aug 2010
Story by Casson Rosenblatt
We are so excited to be introducing the activist program to you as we work towards the launch of the brand new Food Revolution website and activism community this fall. We hope that it will create a network of community leaders across the states forming an on-the-ground movement! Casson Rosenblatt from the TED Prize team has been working closely with us in the development of this and introduces the program.
This fall the Food Revolution will begin a program to support you, the students, parents and concerned citizens of America, in creating change in your local school lunchroom. Beginning with three achievable goals, we hope to expand and unite the movement of activists fighting to improve school food for all children.
We are currently developing a straight forward, step-by-step approach to help leaders organize and empower their community. A set of online and offline tools, such as downloadable PowerPoint presentations and conference calls, will accompany each step along the path to change.
A newly designed website, also launching in the fall, will support the program. It will be a place for leaders, community members, local organizations and interested people to connect, learn and share.
If you are interested in leading your community, sign up here. There is a ‘Become an Activist’ form below the petition map. We will then send you all of the information you will need as we get closer to the launch.
About the author: Casson Rosenblatt is the Community Catalyst of the TED Prize part of TED Conferences, in New York City, supporting Jamie’s Food Revolution
- Blog Of The Month: Oh, Lady Cakes
- Exciting News From The Chef Ann Foundation!
- Ambassador Of The Month: Food Education In Torpoint, UK
- Getting Kids To Eat Real Food, One New Food At A Time
- The Umbrella Movement & The Children Of Hong Kong
- Yummy Supper: Greens And Beans And Baked Eggs
- Yummy Supper: A Vehicle Of Deliciousness
- Berkeley’s Efforts To Pass Measure D, The Soda Tax
- The Crunch Heard 'Round The County
- Illinois Ambassadors Join Forces On Food Day 2014
- The Dining Room Table As A Nexus For Change
- Inspiring Healthy Change In Oregon For Food Day 2014
- World Food Day 2014
- Popsicles With A Touch Of Pizzazz
- California Thursdays Success Story
- Leading The Food Revolution In Cornwall And Devon
- Win For Nutrition Education In South Florida
- Big Apple Crunch Is Back On Food Day 2014
- Real Food Media Project Launches New Film Library And Contest
- October Monthly Challenges