Ideo Launches Jofr Corporate Cooking ProgramMon 14 Mar 2011
Jamie Oliver and IDEO have teamed up to inspire and help working professionals to cook more at home.
On March 2nd Jamie Oliver and IDEO led a lunch talk at TED about Cooking & Company, a Food Revolution initiative that encourages companies to help their employee's better balance work with cooking at home.
Through the Cooking & Company effort, Jamie's Food Revolution is hoping to make it easier for 350,000 employees at companies across the United States to prepare healthier meals at home.
The TED lunch highlighted ways organizations can help the effort by getting employees excited about cooking and helping make the task of preparing food at home more efficient and fun.
IDEO's Chris Waugh explained that it just takes one person at a company to start the momentum to encourage others to cook more frequently. Chris showed grassroots experiments from a sampling of organizations.
The experiments highlighted how teaching simple recipes and removing the burden of prep time encourages people to prepare meals at home instead of eating out or ordering in.
Employees who joined in the grassroots experiments continue to push the effort forward through their own Cooking & Company group on Facebook, where they share their experiences through posts and photos.
Watch IDEO's Cooking and Company video here
- Berkeley’s Efforts To Pass Measure D, The Soda Tax
- The Crunch Heard 'Round The County
- Illinois Ambassadors Join Forces On Food Day 2014
- The Dining Room Table As A Nexus For Change
- Inspiring Healthy Change In Oregon For Food Day 2014
- World Food Day 2014
- Popsicles With A Touch Of Pizzazz
- California Thursdays Success Story
- Leading The Food Revolution In Cornwall And Devon
- Win For Nutrition Education In South Florida
- Big Apple Crunch Is Back On Food Day 2014
- Real Food Media Project Launches New Film Library And Contest
- October Monthly Challenges
- Uruguay Establishes New Standards For School Food
- Petit Gourmet Spreads 'Fooducation' In Uruguay
- Rethinking Breakfast And Back-to-School Habits
- Celebrate Food Day On October 24
- Blog Of The Month: Food Day Blog
- Ambassador Of The Month: Real Food In Forbes, Australia
- Los Angeles Community Garden Council