Ideo Launches Jofr Corporate Cooking ProgramMon 14 Mar 2011
Jamie Oliver and IDEO have teamed up to inspire and help working professionals to cook more at home.
On March 2nd Jamie Oliver and IDEO led a lunch talk at TED about Cooking & Company, a Food Revolution initiative that encourages companies to help their employee's better balance work with cooking at home.
Through the Cooking & Company effort, Jamie's Food Revolution is hoping to make it easier for 350,000 employees at companies across the United States to prepare healthier meals at home.
The TED lunch highlighted ways organizations can help the effort by getting employees excited about cooking and helping make the task of preparing food at home more efficient and fun.
IDEO's Chris Waugh explained that it just takes one person at a company to start the momentum to encourage others to cook more frequently. Chris showed grassroots experiments from a sampling of organizations.
The experiments highlighted how teaching simple recipes and removing the burden of prep time encourages people to prepare meals at home instead of eating out or ordering in.
Employees who joined in the grassroots experiments continue to push the effort forward through their own Cooking & Company group on Facebook, where they share their experiences through posts and photos.
Watch IDEO's Cooking and Company video here
- Why A 10-year Old Thinks Being Healthy Is Cool
- The Real Food Innovator Awards
- California Legislation Calls For Warning Labels On Soda
- Real Food Media Project Announces Winners
- New School Meal Standards Increase Fruit, Vegetable Consumption
- A Visit From Jamie Oliver & His Mobile Kitchen Big Rig
- March’s Monthly Challenges
- Lessons Learned From Cooking
- The Big Rig Rolls On To Next NorCal Stop
- Coming Up On May 16 - The 3rd Food Revolution Day!
- Food Culture And Education In Japan
- Blog Of The Month: Veggie Desserts
- A Food Revolution Adventure From The US To Europe
- Encouraging Passions To Foster Our Sustainable Food Future
- Paying It Forward For Life
- Cooking Basics – Learning Cooking Skills And So Much More
- Edible Schoolyard New Orleans: Growing A Love Of Food
- Nutrition Provisions In The Farm Bill
- One Moms Mission For A Candy-free School Valentine
- Join In On The Fun At The Kids Food Festival