IIN Grads Join Jamie Oliver’s Food RevolutionMon 04 Jun 2012
Story by Christy Goldfeder
Amazing students and graduates who learned how to become a health coach through the Institute for Integrative Nutrition gathered at farmer’s markets, health fairs, and cooking classes to spread the word about the Jamie Oliver’s Food Revolution.
Here are a few amazing projects that our thriving wellness community created:
Sarah Mawson, Current Student & Part Of The Los Angeles Food Revolution
“We were at the Pico Farmers Market in Santa Monica in the morning, talking to everyone about real food, the added sugar in popular drinks (this was very popular ... and shocked many), and also holding a number of cooking demonstrations.”
“We then headed over to the Santa Monica Festival (a huge annual event), for an interactive demonstration at the Food Stage.”
The Santa Monica Daily Press covered the Revolution events at the festival.(More photos here).
Rachel Feldman, Class of 2012, Rachel’s Wellness
“Bedner’s Farm in Boyton, Florida invited me to their Jamie Oliver Food Revolution health fair to show people how to juice and use a Vitamix. I spoke to many people about health coaching, juicing and the energetics of food. It was an amazing day, and we all shared our passions about changing the world and how to eat!
“My favorite part of the day was watching a baby drink my spinach banana smoothie and watching him guzzle it and pour it down his face...oh it was the best to see me actually changing the future and watching the kids in front of me enjoy yummy smoothies.”
Jackie Damboragian and Amanda Carney, Class of 2011
“My friend Jackie and I celebrated Food Revolution Day by teaching a cooking class. We called it ‘Cooking with Super Foods.’ The turnout was great, and everyone was pleasantly surprised how enjoyable foods like spirulina and chia seeds can taste.”
How did you stand up for real food on Food Revolution Day (or every day, for that matter)? Let us know by sharing your event stories on the Food Revolution Community Facebook page.
About the author: Christy Goldfeder is a 2006 graduate of the Institute for Integrative Nutrition Health Coach Training Program. She is a regular contributor for feature articles on the IIN blog.
- Fresno Food Champ: The Reason I Cook
- Orange Soup, Red Apples And Many Vegetables On The Big Rig
- A Family In Fresno Meets The Big Rig
- The Food Revolution Pittsburgh Cooking Club: Year One
- Propelling A School Food Revolution!
- December’s Monthly Challenges
- School Food And Policy In The U.S.
- Jamie's Foundation In America And It's Global Impact
- #FoodRevThanks And Gratitude
- Change Is Happening In Pittsburgh!
- Meet Our Malaysian Food Hero
- Blog Of The Month: The Wednesday Chef
- Cooking Up Change In Fresno
- Food Revolution Shake Up In Vienna
- Food Education: Counting Colors Instead Of Calories
- Mira’s Young Chefs - Hands-on, Educational And Fun Cooking Classes
- What Do You Mean, “Whole Foods – The Store?”
- Hong Kong’s Food Education Program – Think.Cook.Save.
- Manifesto For Pupils' Snack In Romania
- November’s Monthly Challenges