JOFF Ambassadors & Friends HQFri 18 Nov 2011
Story by Jamie’s Team
Thank you for joining Jamie Oliver’s Food Foundation; with your support we really can make a difference. This page is not "live" in our latest news, or viewable by the public, it is just for you, we hope you will find it useful!
*Check out the latest fundraising and partnership updates below!*
• CHECK THIS OUT Some people have been fundraising already, fantastic!:
Raising Funds For The Food Revolution With A 3D Dinner
Pine Street Holiday Party Benefitting JOFR
Out of the Box Food and Crunch a Color donating profits back to the JOFF from their product sales.
• CHECK THIS OUT Some of the amazing organisations we're partnering with: CSPI, CAA, SHFT
As you have heard, we are in the midst of an epidemic. For the first time, we now have a generation of children that are expected to live shorter lives than their parents because of what they eat and their lack of cooking skills and food knowledge (1). We have a responsibility to our kids, to fight this epidemic, and we need to act NOW.
2004 to Present
Jamie has been tirelessly campaigning in the UK for the past seven years following the School Dinners series that resulted in government pledging over $1 billion to improve school food. The legacies continuing the great work include the Food Trust, Ministry of Food cooking centres and Home Cooking Skills curriculum taught in hundreds of UK schools.
In the US the Food Revolution has made great strides in raising awareness around the food we eat since the first season of the Food Revolution last year in West Virginia and arriving in LA this year to the second largest school district in America, as you saw, Jamie came up against some tough restrictions making it even harder to drive the change so desperately needed. But with growing forces and support, change is happening and we are ready to take it to the next level.
2012: Feed US Better
This is why we are launching ‘Feed US Better’ – an evergreen initiative to promote the mission of the Jamie Oliver Food Foundation. Through cooking events, online networks and a global Feed US Better Day we aim to educate every child about food, provide families with the skills and knowledge to cook again and motivate people to stand up for their rights to better food.
However, in order to do this we need to join our voices together and be heard! There are several ways in which you can help us. Below is some information and ideas on how you can help us reach our target, start making a difference and add your name to the Food Foundation.
• Get 9 friends to each raise $500! Why not host a dinner party, auction or block party, set up a pop up restaurant, host a community cooking class or have a local bake sale.
* For details on how to transfer dollars to us, go to the bottom of the page.
• Get your employees involved! Host a series of sponsored lunches, set up cooking lessons for staff and hold team fundraisers.
• Can you donate any services? Training, back of office legal, creative, digital, media, or even cooking equipment.
• Connect us through your social media and PR! Connect us with business partners and organizations who can help us raise awareness of the Jamie Oliver Food Foundation and build a stronger platform for change.
You can find us on both Facebook and Twitter.
How Do You Want To Get Involved?
Let us know what you plan to do, email us at FoodRevolution@jamieoliver.com and tell us how you can help us. We are looking forward to hearing all of your ideas.
Don’t forget, kindly donated by Jamie, the number 1 fundraiser will win a fun-filled trip for two to London to meet the man himself and enjoy the best of the capital’s food scene!
Can we get to the $1 million mark before the Feed US Better Day in May 2012?
We think we can, with your help!
We have added some useful links and downloads in the right hand column and if you have any questions at all regarding Feed US Better, the Food Foundation or any of our work, don’t hesitate to contact us.
Let’s stay connected!
Jamie and the Food Revolution Team
Source (1) New England Journal of Medicine study
How To Transfer Your Dollars To The Food Foundation
To find out how to transfer dollars to the Food Foundation email us here and we can send you the bank transfer or postal details for direct donations, alternatively you can donate through our fundraising project page on Causes.com.
- Host a Community Cooking Class
- Host a Dinner Party or Supper Club
- Host An Auction
- Lemonade Stands and Bake Sales
- Block Party, Pop-Up Restaurant, Potluck
- Create a Holiday Wish
- Campaign Fundraising Page
- Food Revolution Petition
- The School Lunch Photo Wall
- Golubka 3D Dinner
- Food Revolution Recipes
- Cupcakes Cook-off
- Cookies Cook-off
- Smoothies Cook-off
- Latest News
- Facebook Food Revolution Community
- Twitter Food Revolution Team
- Landmark Step as Nutrition Bill is signed into Law
- School Lunch Standards
- Jamie's Letter to the UN Secretary General
- The 1st UN Summit on Non-communicable Diseases
- Milk Week of Action November 11-17
- Jamie's One Young World Speech
- Jamie's TED speech
- Community Cooking School In Ontario
- Boulder, CO
- Learning to like veg
- Food Revolution Truck
- After school cooking club
- Souper Supper in Poconos