Huntington’s Kitchen Partners With Share Our StrengthFri 25 Jun 2010
Story by Janet McLaughlin
Share Our Strength is proud to partner with Huntington’s Kitchen to offer its free Operation Frontline cooking courses to those most in need in Huntington. By utilizing the talents and expertise of chefs and nutritionists, Operation Frontline reaches thousands of at-risk families across the country each year through hands-on courses that teach how to prepare healthy, tasty meals on a limited budget. Nationally sponsored by the ConAgra Foods Foundation, Operation Frontline is a part of Share Our Strength’s national effort to end childhood hunger in America – and shares Jamie’s belief that teaching families lifelong cooking skills is critical to ensuring kids get the healthy foods that they need to lead active healthy lives.
Share Our Strength will provide funding, training, and Operation Frontline’s specialized curriculum to Huntington’s Kitchen for courses serving Huntington families facing food insecurity and obesity. For the past 16 years, Share Our Strength has provided effective nutrition education to those who need it most and is looking forward to serving the West Virginia community through Operation Frontline.
Doug Sheils of Cabell Huntington Hospital had this to say "As the primary sponsor of Huntington's Kitchen, Cabell Huntington Hospital is deeply grateful to Share Our Strength for its generous support of the Kitchen's mission to improve the health of our community through better food choices. We firmly believe Huntington's Kitchen will be part of the long-term solution to many of our community's health problems, and that this much-needed assistance from Share Our Strength will help us reach that solution more quickly."
About the author: Janet McLaughlin is Director of Operation Frontline.
Read more about Share Our Strength
Learn about Operation Frontline
- The 3rd Annual SWAT Cook-Off 2014
- Chinese-Processed Chicken In School Meals
- How Scholarships For Groceries Aim To Impact Food Deserts
- Common Threads' World Festival
- Calling All Moms, Parents, Advocates!
- The Cycle Of Giving
- What Does The Food Movement Mean To You?
- Food Revolution Day - Let's Get Kids Excited About Food
- Breathing Energy And Life Into Real Food And Education
- The Big Rig Comes To The City Of Angels
- Feed Me Dearly: The Power Of Good Food
- Empowering High Schoolers To Make Better Food Choices
- April’s Monthly Challenges
- The Global Food Revolution Continues
- Eating To Live
- Quality Time On The Mobile Teaching Big Rig
- Fast Food Advertising: It’s Time To Start Paying Attention
- Food Revolution Pittsburgh Cooking Club: Fancy Water
- How The Circus Turned My Picky Eater Into A Food Lover
- Getting Rooted In East Harlem