Huntington’s Kitchen Partners With Share Our StrengthFri 25 Jun 2010
Story by Janet McLaughlin
Share Our Strength is proud to partner with Huntington’s Kitchen to offer its free Operation Frontline cooking courses to those most in need in Huntington. By utilizing the talents and expertise of chefs and nutritionists, Operation Frontline reaches thousands of at-risk families across the country each year through hands-on courses that teach how to prepare healthy, tasty meals on a limited budget. Nationally sponsored by the ConAgra Foods Foundation, Operation Frontline is a part of Share Our Strength’s national effort to end childhood hunger in America – and shares Jamie’s belief that teaching families lifelong cooking skills is critical to ensuring kids get the healthy foods that they need to lead active healthy lives.
Share Our Strength will provide funding, training, and Operation Frontline’s specialized curriculum to Huntington’s Kitchen for courses serving Huntington families facing food insecurity and obesity. For the past 16 years, Share Our Strength has provided effective nutrition education to those who need it most and is looking forward to serving the West Virginia community through Operation Frontline.
Doug Sheils of Cabell Huntington Hospital had this to say "As the primary sponsor of Huntington's Kitchen, Cabell Huntington Hospital is deeply grateful to Share Our Strength for its generous support of the Kitchen's mission to improve the health of our community through better food choices. We firmly believe Huntington's Kitchen will be part of the long-term solution to many of our community's health problems, and that this much-needed assistance from Share Our Strength will help us reach that solution more quickly."
About the author: Janet McLaughlin is Director of Operation Frontline.
Read more about Share Our Strength
Learn about Operation Frontline
- LAUSD: Smarter Lunchrooms
- Five Healthy Snack Ideas For Your Holiday Table
- Berkeley Passes Soda Tax
- Diaries From The Chicago Food Day 2014
- The Revolution Is Just Beginning
- RUSD Revolutionizes Children's Eating Behaviors
- Reinventing School Lunches In Chestnut Hill
- World Diabetes Day – ‘Off To The Right Start’
- Five New Side Dishes For Your Holiday Table
- Good Food Org Guide Lists Jamie Oliver Food Foundation
- The 52 New Foods Challenge
- Jamie Calls For An 'ambush' In Food Education Fight
- November 2014 Monthly Challenges
- Exploring The Food In Landlocked Developing Countries
- Blog Of The Month: Oh, Ladycakes
- Exciting News From The Chef Ann Foundation!
- Ambassador Of The Month: Food Education In Torpoint, UK
- Getting Kids To Eat Real Food, One New Food At A Time
- The Umbrella Movement & The Children Of Hong Kong
- Yummy Supper: Greens And Beans And Baked Eggs