January Blog Of The Month: Out Of The Box FoodTue 24 Jan 2012
Story by The Food Revolution Team
Congratulations to our first Food Revolution blog of the month for 2012, Out of the Box Food -‘Fresh Alternatives to Processed “Kids Food”’ .
Out of the Box Food is a blog dedicated to offering simple cost-effective alternatives to processed foods for parents who are looking for a way out of the ‘kid food’ conundrum. Created by one Los Angeles mom who noticed the impact processed foods were having on her children’s behaviour and began researching and experimenting, Out of the Box Food provides alternative recipes using healthy and fresh ingredients.
From the breakfast table to the dinner table, with snacks and sweet treats in between, Out of the Box Food provides great recipes (often with comparisons to the processed version) that you can easily make at home. Or if you are looking for something to pack the kids off to school with, there’s a whole lunch box section waiting to be explored.
So if you are looking for some great alternatives to processed foods, head over to Out of the Box Food, take a look in the pantry staples section to see what basic ingredients you might need to get started, check out their reusable shopping bags (10% of sale profits are donated to the Food Revolution!) and then search through the recipes for a great from scratch one to get stuck into.
Got a food blog you want to share with us?
Each month we’ll be selecting one blog to add to our growing collection of Food Revolution Blog of the Month winners. If you have a blog you want to use share with us you can submit it here.
The Food Revolution Team
- Fresno Food Champ: The Reason I Cook
- Orange Soup, Red Apples And Many Vegetables On The Big Rig
- A Family In Fresno Meets The Big Rig
- The Food Revolution Pittsburgh Cooking Club: Year One
- Propelling A School Food Revolution!
- December’s Monthly Challenges
- School Food And Policy In The U.S.
- Jamie's Foundation In America And It's Global Impact
- #FoodRevThanks And Gratitude
- Change Is Happening In Pittsburgh!
- Meet Our Malaysian Food Hero
- Blog Of The Month: The Wednesday Chef
- Cooking Up Change In Fresno
- Food Revolution Shake Up In Vienna
- Food Education: Counting Colors Instead Of Calories
- Mira’s Young Chefs - Hands-on, Educational And Fun Cooking Classes
- What Do You Mean, “Whole Foods – The Store?”
- Hong Kong’s Food Education Program – Think.Cook.Save.
- Manifesto For Pupils' Snack In Romania
- November’s Monthly Challenges