January Blog Of The Month: Out Of The Box FoodTue 24 Jan 2012
Story by The Food Revolution Team
Congratulations to our first Food Revolution blog of the month for 2012, Out of the Box Food -‘Fresh Alternatives to Processed “Kids Food”’ .
Out of the Box Food is a blog dedicated to offering simple cost-effective alternatives to processed foods for parents who are looking for a way out of the ‘kid food’ conundrum. Created by one Los Angeles mom who noticed the impact processed foods were having on her children’s behaviour and began researching and experimenting, Out of the Box Food provides alternative recipes using healthy and fresh ingredients.
From the breakfast table to the dinner table, with snacks and sweet treats in between, Out of the Box Food provides great recipes (often with comparisons to the processed version) that you can easily make at home. Or if you are looking for something to pack the kids off to school with, there’s a whole lunch box section waiting to be explored.
So if you are looking for some great alternatives to processed foods, head over to Out of the Box Food, take a look in the pantry staples section to see what basic ingredients you might need to get started, check out their reusable shopping bags (10% of sale profits are donated to the Food Revolution!) and then search through the recipes for a great from scratch one to get stuck into.
Got a food blog you want to share with us?
Each month we’ll be selecting one blog to add to our growing collection of Food Revolution Blog of the Month winners. If you have a blog you want to use share with us you can submit it here.
The Food Revolution Team
- The Disco Salad In Vienna On May 17
- Creating A Waterfall Of Real Food, Cooking And Food Education
- Food For Thought On Food Revolution Day.
- Revolutionizing Food In Richmond
- Food Tasting For FRD2013 At Roehampton University
- Learning Knife Skills And Life Skills In Pittsburgh
- The Family Dinner Challenge
- A Potluck Of Fun For Food Revolution Day
- Jamie's Italian Celebrates Food Revolution Day
- The Ultimate Italian Supper For Food Revolution Day
- Announcing June’s Monthly Challenges
- Promoting The Mission For Better Food In Devon
- 'Mr. Zee's Apple Factory' Teaches Kids About Processed Food
- WITS Celebrates Food Revolution Day With Seasonal Greens
- Food Revolution Day In North Carolina Grows Even Stronger!
- 74 Countries Celebrate Food Revolution Day
- World Health Assembly Adopts New Targets
- Hong Kong Hungers For Better Food & Food Education
- Blog Of The Month - The Scoop On Nutrition
- #FRD2013 Around The World – Ambassador Style