January Blog Of The Month: Out Of The Box FoodTue 24 Jan 2012
Story by The Food Revolution Team
Congratulations to our first Food Revolution blog of the month for 2012, Out of the Box Food -‘Fresh Alternatives to Processed “Kids Food”’ .
Out of the Box Food is a blog dedicated to offering simple cost-effective alternatives to processed foods for parents who are looking for a way out of the ‘kid food’ conundrum. Created by one Los Angeles mom who noticed the impact processed foods were having on her children’s behaviour and began researching and experimenting, Out of the Box Food provides alternative recipes using healthy and fresh ingredients.
From the breakfast table to the dinner table, with snacks and sweet treats in between, Out of the Box Food provides great recipes (often with comparisons to the processed version) that you can easily make at home. Or if you are looking for something to pack the kids off to school with, there’s a whole lunch box section waiting to be explored.
So if you are looking for some great alternatives to processed foods, head over to Out of the Box Food, take a look in the pantry staples section to see what basic ingredients you might need to get started, check out their reusable shopping bags (10% of sale profits are donated to the Food Revolution!) and then search through the recipes for a great from scratch one to get stuck into.
Got a food blog you want to share with us?
Each month we’ll be selecting one blog to add to our growing collection of Food Revolution Blog of the Month winners. If you have a blog you want to use share with us you can submit it here.
The Food Revolution Team
- The 52 New Foods Challenge: Easy Soup Recipes
- Food Revolution Toronto: Teamwork For A Common Goal
- Easy Holiday No Bake Desserts
- December 2014 Monthly Challenges
- The US School Food Fight: An Update
- Blog Of The Month: The 52 New Foods Challenge
- Ambassador Of The Month: Getting Kids Excited To Cook
- The UK School Food Plan - Year One
- Cooking Studio Brings Food Education To Taiwan
- Thanksgiving Leftovers For Breakfast
- Thanksgiving Food Traditions
- Eating Real For The Holidays
- LAUSD: Smarter Lunchrooms
- Five Healthy Snack Ideas For Your Holiday Table
- Berkeley Passes Soda Tax
- Diaries From The Chicago Food Day 2014
- The Revolution Is Just Beginning
- RUSD Revolutionizes Children's Eating Behaviors
- Reinventing School Lunches In Chestnut Hill
- World Diabetes Day – ‘Off To The Right Start’