January Recipe Of The Month: Caesar SaladTue 24 Jan 2012
Story by The Food Revolution Team
After all the holiday indulgence our Food Revolution recipe for January was our Caesar on the Lighter Side salad. We asked our community to try out our casear salad and to share with us on our Food Revolution Community page some of their own favourite salad recipes.
Some of our amazing community's salad suggestions...
• Lunchalicious Food Services (1) Being a big Jamie Oliver fan and supporter, I really wanted to try this recipe without any changes. The result was amazing!! LOVED this version of a caesar dressing...and it was so quick and easy to make! Will definitely be making this one again!
• Susan Tang (2) Russian Vinaigrette Salad.
• Sara Rockwell My favorite salad is lettuce/goat cheese/avocado/red onion/dried cranberries/raspberry vinaigrette.
• James Reeves Mixed local greens, some cooked quinoa, a handful of nuts/seeds, a handful of dried berries, and a simple, organic vinaigrette.
• Gennis Lafayette I just tried a salad with crisp romaine, chickpeas, thinly sliced red onion (marinated in vinegar to soften the bite) and feta cheese, dressed with a simple vinaigrette. Super good!
• Meliza Reza Spinach and a lot of raw veggies dressed with lemon, olive oil balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper and garlic.
• Leigh Harnett McCauley Spinach or romaine with dried cranberries, walnuts, shaved fresh parmesan, balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
• Boolie Sluka Sauteed delicata squash with arugula, nuts, cranberries, red onion and goat cheese
• Gabrielle Gumption Hamilton Roasted root salad with beets, yams, carrots, celeriac, jerusalem artichokes, red onions, garlic, and whatever else you fancy! I love to add some kale and roast it all in coconut oil and then wrap the roasted root salad in fresh lettuce leaves!
• Samar Hashemi Izadpanah Diced tomatoes, diced onions, diced seedless cucumbers, some fresh mint diced, salt , pepper, fresh lemon juice and olive oil. Absolutely delicious!
As a team (3) this Caesar on the lighter side is one of our favourite salad recipes, it’s quick and easy to make and really is delicious. Plus it’s bit healthier on the dressing than some traditional Caesar salad recipes.
Join The February Cook-Off With Our Brand New Minestrone Soup!
For the February cook-off we have a brand new recipe for you to try at home, our Minestrone Soup. Whether you keep it as a hearty and chunky soup, mix it up in the blender and add to some pasta, or add your own twist we want to see! Add all of your minestrone soup photos to our Food Revolution Community page, where we will also be adding ours!
We can’t wait to try out this new recipe and see what you all think of it too!
The Food Revolution Team
- How The Circus Turned My Picky Eater Into A Food Lover
- Getting Rooted In East Harlem
- Why A 10-year Old Thinks Being Healthy Is Cool
- The Real Food Innovator Awards
- California Legislation Calls For Warning Labels On Soda
- Real Food Media Project Announces Winners
- New School Meal Standards Increase Fruit, Vegetable Consumption
- A Visit From Jamie Oliver & His Mobile Kitchen Big Rig
- March’s Monthly Challenges
- Lessons Learned From Cooking
- The Big Rig Rolls On To Next NorCal Stop
- Coming Up On May 16 - The 3rd Food Revolution Day!
- Food Culture And Education In Japan
- Blog Of The Month: Veggie Desserts
- A Food Revolution Adventure From The US To Europe
- Encouraging Passions To Foster Our Sustainable Food Future
- Paying It Forward For Life
- Cooking Basics – Learning Cooking Skills And So Much More
- Edible Schoolyard New Orleans: Growing A Love Of Food
- Nutrition Provisions In The Farm Bill