January Recipe Of The Month: Caesar SaladTue 24 Jan 2012
Story by The Food Revolution Team
After all the holiday indulgence our Food Revolution recipe for January was our Caesar on the Lighter Side salad. We asked our community to try out our casear salad and to share with us on our Food Revolution Community page some of their own favourite salad recipes.
Some of our amazing community's salad suggestions...
Lunchalicious Food Services (1) Being a big Jamie Oliver fan and supporter, I really wanted to try this recipe without any changes. The result was amazing!! LOVED this version of a caesar dressing...and it was so quick and easy to make! Will definitely be making this one again!
Susan Tang (2) Russian Vinaigrette Salad.
Sara Rockwell My favorite salad is lettuce/goat cheese/avocado/red onion/dried cranberries/raspberry vinaigrette.
James Reeves Mixed local greens, some cooked quinoa, a handful of nuts/seeds, a handful of dried berries, and a simple, organic vinaigrette.
Gennis Lafayette I just tried a salad with crisp romaine, chickpeas, thinly sliced red onion (marinated in vinegar to soften the bite) and feta cheese, dressed with a simple vinaigrette. Super good!
Meliza Reza Spinach and a lot of raw veggies dressed with lemon, olive oil balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper and garlic.
Leigh Harnett McCauley Spinach or romaine with dried cranberries, walnuts, shaved fresh parmesan, balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
Boolie Sluka Sauteed delicata squash with arugula, nuts, cranberries, red onion and goat cheese
Gabrielle Gumption Hamilton Roasted root salad with beets, yams, carrots, celeriac, jerusalem artichokes, red onions, garlic, and whatever else you fancy! I love to add some kale and roast it all in coconut oil and then wrap the roasted root salad in fresh lettuce leaves!
Samar Hashemi Izadpanah Diced tomatoes, diced onions, diced seedless cucumbers, some fresh mint diced, salt , pepper, fresh lemon juice and olive oil. Absolutely delicious!
As a team (3) this Caesar on the lighter side is one of our favourite salad recipes, its quick and easy to make and really is delicious. Plus its bit healthier on the dressing than some traditional Caesar salad recipes.
Join The February Cook-Off With Our Brand New Minestrone Soup!
For the February cook-off we have a brand new recipe for you to try at home, our Minestrone Soup. Whether you keep it as a hearty and chunky soup, mix it up in the blender and add to some pasta, or add your own twist we want to see! Add all of your minestrone soup photos to our Food Revolution Community page, where we will also be adding ours!
We cant wait to try out this new recipe and see what you all think of it too!
The Food Revolution Team
- Pilot Light Chefs Spark Food Education In Chicago
- Something For Lunch. Too Much To Ask For Kiwi Kids?
- Dirty Hands Can Lead To Healthy Hearts.
- TEDxManhattan: Changing The Way We Eat
- The 52 New Foods Challenge: Prepare For Success
- Food Truth Chefs Visit Food Literacy Center
- January 2015: New Year, New Challenges
- Making Wellness Happen In Forest Hills, Queens
- The 52 New Foods Challenge: Start The New Year Right
- The 52 New Foods Challenge: Easy Soup Recipes
- Food Revolution Toronto: Teamwork For A Common Goal
- Easy Holiday No Bake Desserts
- December 2014 Monthly Challenges
- The US School Food Fight: An Update
- Blog Of The Month: The 52 New Foods Challenge
- Ambassador Of The Month: Getting Kids Excited To Cook
- The UK School Food Plan - Year One
- Cooking Studio Brings Food Education To Taiwan
- Thanksgiving Leftovers For Breakfast
- Thanksgiving Food Traditions