July’s Monthly ChallengesMon 01 Jul 2013
Story by Sarah Curl
Can you believe we are half way through 2013? In an effort to reignite the Food Revolution in each one of your communities, we have re-launched the Ambassador Online Space! Make sure to check it out and keep us updated on your Monthly Challenge progress.
This month we also want to focus on your Food Revolution goals. Think about what you would like to accomplish in your city and how you will make it happen. We will be sharing everyone’s goals at the end of the month so you can find others who are working on similar projects. Check out all of JULY’S MONTHLY CHALLENGES below to get started today.
July’s Challenge #1:
Check out our newly re-launched Ambassador Online Space!
We’ve re-launched the exclusive Ambassador online space so new and veteran Ambassadors can have a place to see resources, FAQs, an Ambassador blog and all HQ News. Some of you might already have a login so if you’ve already created an account, login by entering your email address and password on the right hand side. If you are new to the site, create an account on the right hand side.
July’s Challenge #2:
Create 3 goals that you want to achieve this year with regards to the real food and Food Revolution movement.
We are half way through 2013 and we want to make sure the first half of this year is as productive as the second half. These goals can be anything from creating a Food Revolution social media account to promoting what you are doing in your community to going to the farmer’s market more often. Create your goals, make sure to write them down and plan how you hope to accomplish them by the end of this year. We will be sharing everyone’s goals at the end of this month so make sure to tweet or email them in!
July’s Challenge #3:
Try making our Simplest Fruit Salad, July’s recipe of the month with 5 different colored fruits.
This recipe is great for combining seasonal fruit so feel free to get as creative as you would like and be sure to send us photos of what you end up making. We can’t wait to see the different fruits you come up with. Extra points if you make this salad with family and friends!
What are Monthly Challenges?
Every month, there will be different challenges that inspire Food Revolutionaries to engage with their communities. They are designed to make deeper connections with the thought leaders in the real food industry and connect with family and friends through fresh food.
At the beginning of every month, the challenges will be announced through a blog post, email, Facebook and Twitter. The idea is to complete as many challenges as you can. As you complete the challenges, let us know how they went. We want to hear your stories, see your pictures and be able to show your successes through our various social media platforms. So get out there, have fun and make sure you share your story with us – we could be highlighting what you’ve been doing to the world!
Do you have suggestions for next month’s challenges?
Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find out more about our Food Revolution Ambassador program and apply to become one here!
About the author: Sarah Curl is the Food Revolution Community Manager for the Jamie Oliver Food Foundation.
Photo credit: Amy Wambold
- The Real Food Innovator Awards
- California Legislation Calls For Warning Labels On Soda
- Real Food Media Project Announces Winners
- New School Meal Standards Increase Fruit, Vegetable Consumption
- A Visit From Jamie Oliver & His Mobile Kitchen Big Rig
- March’s Monthly Challenges
- Lessons Learned From Cooking
- The Big Rig Rolls On To Next NorCal Stop
- Coming Up On May 16 - The 3rd Food Revolution Day!
- Food Culture And Education In Japan
- Blog Of The Month: Veggie Desserts
- A Food Revolution Adventure From The US To Europe
- Encouraging Passions To Foster Our Sustainable Food Future
- Paying It Forward For Life
- Cooking Basics – Learning Cooking Skills And So Much More
- Edible Schoolyard New Orleans: Growing A Love Of Food
- Nutrition Provisions In The Farm Bill
- One Moms Mission For A Candy-free School Valentine
- Join In On The Fun At The Kids Food Festival
- A Naturally Sweet School Valentine's Day