July’s Monthly ChallengesMon 01 Jul 2013
Story by Sarah Curl
Can you believe we are half way through 2013? In an effort to reignite the Food Revolution in each one of your communities, we have re-launched the Ambassador Online Space! Make sure to check it out and keep us updated on your Monthly Challenge progress.
This month we also want to focus on your Food Revolution goals. Think about what you would like to accomplish in your city and how you will make it happen. We will be sharing everyone’s goals at the end of the month so you can find others who are working on similar projects. Check out all of JULY’S MONTHLY CHALLENGES below to get started today.
July’s Challenge #1:
Check out our newly re-launched Ambassador Online Space!
We’ve re-launched the exclusive Ambassador online space so new and veteran Ambassadors can have a place to see resources, FAQs, an Ambassador blog and all HQ News. Some of you might already have a login so if you’ve already created an account, login by entering your email address and password on the right hand side. If you are new to the site, create an account on the right hand side.
July’s Challenge #2:
Create 3 goals that you want to achieve this year with regards to the real food and Food Revolution movement.
We are half way through 2013 and we want to make sure the first half of this year is as productive as the second half. These goals can be anything from creating a Food Revolution social media account to promoting what you are doing in your community to going to the farmer’s market more often. Create your goals, make sure to write them down and plan how you hope to accomplish them by the end of this year. We will be sharing everyone’s goals at the end of this month so make sure to tweet or email them in!
July’s Challenge #3:
Try making our Simplest Fruit Salad, July’s recipe of the month with 5 different colored fruits.
This recipe is great for combining seasonal fruit so feel free to get as creative as you would like and be sure to send us photos of what you end up making. We can’t wait to see the different fruits you come up with. Extra points if you make this salad with family and friends!
What are Monthly Challenges?
Every month, there will be different challenges that inspire Food Revolutionaries to engage with their communities. They are designed to make deeper connections with the thought leaders in the real food industry and connect with family and friends through fresh food.
At the beginning of every month, the challenges will be announced through a blog post, email, Facebook and Twitter. The idea is to complete as many challenges as you can. As you complete the challenges, let us know how they went. We want to hear your stories, see your pictures and be able to show your successes through our various social media platforms. So get out there, have fun and make sure you share your story with us – we could be highlighting what you’ve been doing to the world!
Do you have suggestions for next month’s challenges?
Let us know at email@example.com.
Find out more about our Food Revolution Ambassador program and apply to become one here!
About the author: Sarah Curl is the Food Revolution Community Manager for the Jamie Oliver Food Foundation.
Photo credit: Amy Wambold
- LAUSD: Smarter Lunchrooms
- Five Healthy Snack Ideas For Your Holiday Table
- Berkeley Passes Soda Tax
- Diaries From The Chicago Food Day 2014
- The Revolution Is Just Beginning
- RUSD Revolutionizes Children's Eating Behaviors
- Reinventing School Lunches In Chestnut Hill
- World Diabetes Day – ‘Off To The Right Start’
- Five New Side Dishes For Your Holiday Table
- Good Food Org Guide Lists Jamie Oliver Food Foundation
- The 52 New Foods Challenge
- Jamie Calls For An 'ambush' In Food Education Fight
- November 2014 Monthly Challenges
- Exploring The Food In Landlocked Developing Countries
- Blog Of The Month: Oh, Ladycakes
- Exciting News From The Chef Ann Foundation!
- Ambassador Of The Month: Food Education In Torpoint, UK
- Getting Kids To Eat Real Food, One New Food At A Time
- The Umbrella Movement & The Children Of Hong Kong
- Yummy Supper: Greens And Beans And Baked Eggs