July’s Monthly ChallengesTue 01 Jul 2014
Story by Jamie Oliver Food Foundation (USA)
Can you believe it is already July and that we're already half way through 2014?! It's been a great year so far and our ambassadors continue to inspire us every day, check out the results from FRD2014 here.
June was another busy month for our 1,100+ ambassadors around the world, including a TEDx talk from Ambassador Leah in Pittsburgh on ‘why the farm is not getting to the table’. Check it out here and be inspired to join the real food revolution!
Below are our monthly challenges for July and this month for the first time we're featuring a challenge send in by one of our ambassadors!
July's Monthly Challenges
1). *Community Created Challenge* Create a healthy meal on a budget for a family of four. The budget should be 15 euros or 10 US dollars. Challenge created and sent in by ambassador Terri Salminen from Haarlem, The Netherlands.
2). Share a staple dish from your country. With the World Cup still in full swing we want to celebrate country traditions from across the world. Send us your recipes, photos and videos and share them online using #WorldCupFoodies.
3). Why do you eat real food? We want to know what inspires you to eat real! Check out this article from the legendary Mark Bittman and share your real food stories with us.
What are Monthly Challenges?
Every month, there will be different challenges that inspire Food Revolutionaries to engage with their communities. They are designed to make deeper connections with the thought leaders in the real food industry and connect with family and friends through fresh food.
At the beginning of every month, the challenges will be announced. The idea is to complete as many challenges as you can. As you complete the challenges, let us know how they went. We want to hear your stories, see your pictures and be able to show your successes through our various social media platforms. So get out there, have fun and make sure you share your story with us – we could be highlighting what you’ve been doing to the world!
Do you have suggestions for next month’s challenges?
Let us know at email@example.com.
Find out more about our Food Revolution Ambassador program and apply to become one here!
The Jamie Oliver Food Foundation (USA)
Images: Ambassadors Tilley Bonney-Kerna, Barabara Konitzer, Sharon Badian, Terri Salminen, Leah Lizarondo, Jimmy Boswell
- Blog Of The Month: Oh, Ladycakes
- Exciting News From The Chef Ann Foundation!
- Ambassador Of The Month: Food Education In Torpoint, UK
- Getting Kids To Eat Real Food, One New Food At A Time
- The Umbrella Movement & The Children Of Hong Kong
- Yummy Supper: Greens And Beans And Baked Eggs
- Yummy Supper: A Vehicle Of Deliciousness
- Berkeley’s Efforts To Pass Measure D, The Soda Tax
- The Crunch Heard 'Round The County
- Illinois Ambassadors Join Forces On Food Day 2014
- The Dining Room Table As A Nexus For Change
- Inspiring Healthy Change In Oregon For Food Day 2014
- World Food Day 2014
- Popsicles With A Touch Of Pizzazz
- California Thursdays Success Story
- Leading The Food Revolution In Cornwall And Devon
- Win For Nutrition Education In South Florida
- Big Apple Crunch Is Back On Food Day 2014
- Real Food Media Project Launches New Film Library And Contest
- October Monthly Challenges