Kids Food Festival, Educating Families On Real FoodMon 29 Oct 2012
Story by The Food Revolution Team
Update: Due to Hurricane Sandy the Kids Food Festival has been postponed and will not be taking place this weekend. For more information and updates like the Kids Food Festival on facebook.
The Creative Kitchen presents the Kids Food Festival, in partnership with Cooking Light, a weekend full of flavorful fun at Citi Pond at Bryant Park, in New York City on November 3rd and 4th, 2012.
Educating Families and Creating Life Long Eating Habits
The Kids Food Festival, in partnership with Cooking Light is a celebration to educate families about making balanced food choices to help create wholesome lifelong eating habits for both kids and parents.
For the second year running this creative festival is being hosted at Citi Pond at Bryant Park and in collaboration with the James Beard Foundation. Featured chefs include Ellie Krieger, Sam Talbot, Jehangir Mehta, Patricio Sandoval, Katie Workman and Cricket Azima.
The weekend-long event offers for the second year running a host of family-friendly activities including cooking classes, food demonstrations, live entertainment, the Balanced Plate Scavenger Hunt for kids, food sampling, giveaways, and more! The event is free and open to the public for General Admission.
Tickets for hands-on cooking classes in the James Beard Foundation Future Foodies Pavilion can be purchased here. Hands-on Cooking Classes are $25 per child with a portion of the proceeds benefiting featured charity FoodCorps, a nationwide team of leaders who connect kids to real food and help them grow up healthy.
Be sure to follow the Kids Food Festival, in partnership with Cooking Light, on Twitter and like the events on Facebook to keep up with all of the fun being cooked up and head down to Bryant Park if youíre in New York City this weekend for some real food fun!
The Food Revolution Team
Photo credit: Ghazalle Badiozamani.
- The 3rd Annual SWAT Cook-Off 2014
- Chinese-Processed Chicken In School Meals
- How Scholarships For Groceries Aim To Impact Food Deserts
- Common Threads' World Festival
- Calling All Moms, Parents, Advocates!
- The Cycle Of Giving
- What Does The Food Movement Mean To You?
- Food Revolution Day - Let's Get Kids Excited About Food
- Breathing Energy And Life Into Real Food And Education
- The Big Rig Comes To The City Of Angels
- Feed Me Dearly: The Power Of Good Food
- Empowering High Schoolers To Make Better Food Choices
- Aprilís Monthly Challenges
- The Global Food Revolution Continues
- Eating To Live
- Quality Time On The Mobile Teaching Big Rig
- Fast Food Advertising: Itís Time To Start Paying Attention
- Food Revolution Pittsburgh Cooking Club: Fancy Water
- How The Circus Turned My Picky Eater Into A Food Lover
- Getting Rooted In East Harlem