Labor Day Real Food FeastWed 29 Aug 2012
Story by The Food Revolution Team
Get your friends together over some real food to celebrate Labor Day!
The summer days are beginning to draw in. Sunscreen and sandals are being swapped for backpacks and school supplies, and after months of long hours of playing outside, itís time to head back to school. But not without one last hurrah!
Labor Day originated after the industrial revolution as a way to celebrate the economic and social contributions of the American workforce. However, we know it mostly as summerís last stand! One last occasion to bring your family and friends together over a BBQ or picnic to enjoy each other, and the abundance of summer produce, before heading back to school.
So letís celebrate the end of summer by standing up for real food this Labor Day!
Here are Some Ideas!
ē Host a backyard BBQ with our Chargrilled Chicken Kebabs and a large Garden Salad.
ē Make Yogurt Pops with your children before spending an afternoon at the pool, and then snack on them to cool down.
ē Gather your friends for a pizza party, using Septemberís recipe of the month, Basic Pizza, and serve with a side of Everyday Green Chopped Salad.
And of course, donít forget to share with us! Tweet images to @foodrev or share your experiences on our Food Revolution Community Page. Enjoy the remainder of your summer and happy Labor Day!
For more ideas, watch Jamie make pasta, mini burgers and old school Eton mess on the Today Show last month!
The Food Revolution Team
- Pilot Light Chefs Spark Food Education In Chicago
- Something For Lunch. Too Much To Ask For Kiwi Kids?
- Dirty Hands Can Lead To Healthy Hearts.
- TEDxManhattan: Changing The Way We Eat
- The 52 New Foods Challenge: Prepare For Success
- Food Truth Chefs Visit Food Literacy Center
- January 2015: New Year, New Challenges
- Making Wellness Happen In Forest Hills, Queens
- The 52 New Foods Challenge: Start The New Year Right
- The 52 New Foods Challenge: Easy Soup Recipes
- Food Revolution Toronto: Teamwork For A Common Goal
- Easy Holiday No Bake Desserts
- December 2014 Monthly Challenges
- The US School Food Fight: An Update
- Blog Of The Month: The 52 New Foods Challenge
- Ambassador Of The Month: Getting Kids Excited To Cook
- The UK School Food Plan - Year One
- Cooking Studio Brings Food Education To Taiwan
- Thanksgiving Leftovers For Breakfast
- Thanksgiving Food Traditions