Labor Day Real Food FeastWed 29 Aug 2012
Story by The Food Revolution Team
Get your friends together over some real food to celebrate Labor Day!
The summer days are beginning to draw in. Sunscreen and sandals are being swapped for backpacks and school supplies, and after months of long hours of playing outside, itís time to head back to school. But not without one last hurrah!
Labor Day originated after the industrial revolution as a way to celebrate the economic and social contributions of the American workforce. However, we know it mostly as summerís last stand! One last occasion to bring your family and friends together over a BBQ or picnic to enjoy each other, and the abundance of summer produce, before heading back to school.
So letís celebrate the end of summer by standing up for real food this Labor Day!
Here are Some Ideas!
ē Host a backyard BBQ with our Chargrilled Chicken Kebabs and a large Garden Salad.
ē Make Yogurt Pops with your children before spending an afternoon at the pool, and then snack on them to cool down.
ē Gather your friends for a pizza party, using Septemberís recipe of the month, Basic Pizza, and serve with a side of Everyday Green Chopped Salad.
And of course, donít forget to share with us! Tweet images to @foodrev or share your experiences on our Food Revolution Community Page. Enjoy the remainder of your summer and happy Labor Day!
For more ideas, watch Jamie make pasta, mini burgers and old school Eton mess on the Today Show last month!
The Food Revolution Team
- The 3rd Annual SWAT Cook-Off 2014
- Chinese-Processed Chicken In School Meals
- How Scholarships For Groceries Aim To Impact Food Deserts
- Common Threads' World Festival
- Calling All Moms, Parents, Advocates!
- The Cycle Of Giving
- What Does The Food Movement Mean To You?
- Food Revolution Day - Let's Get Kids Excited About Food
- Breathing Energy And Life Into Real Food And Education
- The Big Rig Comes To The City Of Angels
- Feed Me Dearly: The Power Of Good Food
- Empowering High Schoolers To Make Better Food Choices
- Aprilís Monthly Challenges
- The Global Food Revolution Continues
- Eating To Live
- Quality Time On The Mobile Teaching Big Rig
- Fast Food Advertising: Itís Time To Start Paying Attention
- Food Revolution Pittsburgh Cooking Club: Fancy Water
- How The Circus Turned My Picky Eater Into A Food Lover
- Getting Rooted In East Harlem