Life Happens Around The Dinner TableFri 30 Nov 2012
Story by The Food Revolution Team
Cooking with Global Chefs on this Month’s Google+ Hangout
Yesterday we conducted November’s Food Revolution Community Hangout and focused entirely on chefs around their world giving their tips and tricks for holiday cooking.
We had such a blast during the hangout and want to share our amazing team of chefs and our favorite moments with you. To get in the holiday spirit, a snowman even makes an appearance in the hangout. Keep an eye out!
Cooking is a Life Skill that Brings Everyone Together
Here are some of our favorite moments during the holiday hangout. If you want to share your favorite moment, let us know here!
- I have not been to cooking school, my school was in the kitchen with my grandmother, my aunt, my mother in the village, where I spent all my holidays and summers.’ @cookwitheleni
- "Include kids in the cooking process and they are more likely to eat it.” @valentine_shane
- "I'm cooking a roast in a barbecue!" @naturaliamariae
- ‘Cooking is part of our heritage, its part of who we are in Greece.’ @cookwitheleni
- We are the only university in Canada who are making all the food from scratch. We are trying to keep cooking alive.’@foodrevmanitoba
- How can u be as prepared as possible for holiday cooking? "Prep as much as you can ahead of time" @foodrevmanitoba
- "Cooking is a life skill that brings everyone together"@myvirginkitchen
- Olive oil is liquid gold! @cookwitheleni
- Favorite holiday tradition "Bringing the family together"@cookwitheleni
- "Life happens around the dinner table" @valentine_shane
Do you have any holiday cooking tips that you want to share? Feel free to tweet us, post on Facebook or Google+.
If you are interested in becoming an Ambassador in your city, please apply here! You can see a complete list of Ambassadors and where they are located here.
A big thank you to our stellar team of global chefs:
• Shane Valentine, San Rafael, California – Food Revolution Ambassador, author and activist (you may recognize him from our Food Revolution Day 2012 Google+ Hangout with Jamie Oliver)
• Barry Lewis, Weston Super Mare, UK - home taught chef and creator of My Virgin Kitchen.
• Ben Kramer, Winnepeg, Canada - Executive Chef of the Diversity Food Services & Elements at the University of Winnipeg and a Food Revolution Ambassador.
• Eleni Melirrytou, Athens, Greece - Food Revolution Ambassador and cooking teacher
• María Elena Ledesma, Catamarca, Argentina – Executive Chef of Naturalia and is a Food Revolution Ambassador.
• Amy Kehs – Crofton, Maryland – Food Revolution Ambassador and blogged about cooking through Jamie’s Food Revolution cook book in 365 days.
The Food Revolution Team
- The 3rd Annual SWAT Cook-Off 2014
- Chinese-Processed Chicken In School Meals
- How Scholarships For Groceries Aim To Impact Food Deserts
- Common Threads' World Festival
- Calling All Moms, Parents, Advocates!
- The Cycle Of Giving
- What Does The Food Movement Mean To You?
- Food Revolution Day - Let's Get Kids Excited About Food
- Breathing Energy And Life Into Real Food And Education
- The Big Rig Comes To The City Of Angels
- Feed Me Dearly: The Power Of Good Food
- Empowering High Schoolers To Make Better Food Choices
- April’s Monthly Challenges
- The Global Food Revolution Continues
- Eating To Live
- Quality Time On The Mobile Teaching Big Rig
- Fast Food Advertising: It’s Time To Start Paying Attention
- Food Revolution Pittsburgh Cooking Club: Fancy Water
- How The Circus Turned My Picky Eater Into A Food Lover
- Getting Rooted In East Harlem