LUNCH LINE A Documentary On America's School Food ProgramThu 30 Sep 2010
LUNCH LINE reframes the school lunch debate through an examination of the program's surprising past, uncertain present and possible future.
In the film, six kids from one of the toughest neighborhoods in Chicago set out to fix school lunch and end up at the White House.
Their unlikely journey parallels the dramatic transformation of school lunch from a weak patchwork of local anti-hunger efforts to a robust national feeding program. The film tracks key moments in school food and child nutrition from 1940s, 1960s, and 1980s to the present revealing political twists, surprising alliances, and more common ground than people realize.
Along the way, Senators, Secretaries of Agriculture, entrepreneurs, and activists from across the political spectrum add top-down perspective to a bottom-up film about the American political process, the health and welfare of its future, and the realities of feeding more than 31 million children a day.
This is a must-see film if you want to find out more about the federal school meal program and your kids school meals. Check out the planned October screenings below all listed on their Facebook page, if there isnt a screening near you and you are interested in hosting one in your community email firstname.lastname@example.org.
1 October Screening in Chattanooga, TN, Crabtree Farms 18:00 19:30
6 October NY Screening, Landmark Sunshine Cinema 18:30 21:00
7 October Oregon Rural Action screening, Eastern Oregon University 18:00 20:00
9 October Screening at Baylor University 18:30 20:30
13 October Atlanta screening, Midtown Art Cinema 18:30 22:30
28 October Houston screening, The Health Museum, 18:30 20:30
Watch the trailer
Follow LUNCH LINE on Facebook
The Food Revolution Team
- The 52 New Foods Challenge: Easy Soup Recipes
- Food Revolution Toronto: Teamwork For A Common Goal
- Easy Holiday No Bake Desserts
- December 2014 Monthly Challenges
- The US School Food Fight: An Update
- Blog Of The Month: The 52 New Foods Challenge
- Ambassador Of The Month: Getting Kids Excited To Cook
- The UK School Food Plan - Year One
- Cooking Studio Brings Food Education To Taiwan
- Thanksgiving Leftovers For Breakfast
- Thanksgiving Food Traditions
- Eating Real For The Holidays
- LAUSD: Smarter Lunchrooms
- Five Healthy Snack Ideas For Your Holiday Table
- Berkeley Passes Soda Tax
- Diaries From The Chicago Food Day 2014
- The Revolution Is Just Beginning
- RUSD Revolutionizes Children's Eating Behaviors
- Reinventing School Lunches In Chestnut Hill
- World Diabetes Day Off To The Right Start