May’s Food Revolution Day ChallengesThu 01 May 2014
Story by The Jamie Oliver Food Foundation (USA)
May’s Monthly Challenges
This month we’re all about Food Revolution Day and with two weeks to go the countdown is really on!
Finalise your FRD2014 activities! If you’re planning on doing the cooking lesson with Jamie on May 16 then find out all about it here, including a lesson plan and a time zone converter. Whatever you are planning for the day, be sure to add it to our map by selecting the ‘SIGN UP’ button and let us know where you’ll be celebrating Food Revolution Day and how many people will be participating in your event(s), no matter how big or small!
Share your photos, videos, stories and recipes from your Food Revolution Day planning and events online using #FRD2014. We want to see what you’re up to all over the world so be sure to share your photos with us, if you’re sharing them online be sure to use the hash tag #FRD2014. On Instagram? Ready, steady, GO!
Make this month’s recipe of the month – The Rainbow Salad Wrap. Whether you make it at your FRD2014 event or just for lunch one day, let us know what you think and share your photos with us.
What are Monthly Challenges?
Every month, there will be different challenges that inspire Food Revolutionaries to engage with their communities. They are designed to make deeper connections with the thought leaders in the real food industry and connect with family and friends through fresh food.
At the beginning of every month, the challenges will be announced. The idea is to complete as many challenges as you can. As you complete the challenges, let us know how they went. We want to hear your stories, see your pictures and be able to show your successes through our various social media platforms. So get out there, have fun and make sure you share your story with us – we could be highlighting what you’ve been doing to the world!
Do you have suggestions for next month’s challenges?
Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find out more about our Food Revolution Ambassador program and apply to become one here!
The Jamie Oliver Food Foundation (USA)
Images: Taken from April's monthly challenges: Terri Salminen, Debbie Thorpe, Sharon Badian, Mira Jarrar, Shannon Hobson
- LAUSD: Smarter Lunchrooms
- Five Healthy Snack Ideas For Your Holiday Table
- Berkeley Passes Soda Tax
- Diaries From The Chicago Food Day 2014
- The Revolution Is Just Beginning
- RUSD Revolutionizes Children's Eating Behaviors
- Reinventing School Lunches In Chestnut Hill
- World Diabetes Day – ‘Off To The Right Start’
- Five New Side Dishes For Your Holiday Table
- Good Food Org Guide Lists Jamie Oliver Food Foundation
- The 52 New Foods Challenge
- Jamie Calls For An 'ambush' In Food Education Fight
- November 2014 Monthly Challenges
- Exploring The Food In Landlocked Developing Countries
- Blog Of The Month: Oh, Ladycakes
- Exciting News From The Chef Ann Foundation!
- Ambassador Of The Month: Food Education In Torpoint, UK
- Getting Kids To Eat Real Food, One New Food At A Time
- The Umbrella Movement & The Children Of Hong Kong
- Yummy Supper: Greens And Beans And Baked Eggs