May’s Food Revolution Day ChallengesThu 01 May 2014
Story by The Jamie Oliver Food Foundation (USA)
May’s Monthly Challenges
This month we’re all about Food Revolution Day and with two weeks to go the countdown is really on!
Finalise your FRD2014 activities! If you’re planning on doing the cooking lesson with Jamie on May 16 then find out all about it here, including a lesson plan and a time zone converter. Whatever you are planning for the day, be sure to add it to our map by selecting the ‘SIGN UP’ button and let us know where you’ll be celebrating Food Revolution Day and how many people will be participating in your event(s), no matter how big or small!
Share your photos, videos, stories and recipes from your Food Revolution Day planning and events online using #FRD2014. We want to see what you’re up to all over the world so be sure to share your photos with us, if you’re sharing them online be sure to use the hash tag #FRD2014. On Instagram? Ready, steady, GO!
Make this month’s recipe of the month – The Rainbow Salad Wrap. Whether you make it at your FRD2014 event or just for lunch one day, let us know what you think and share your photos with us.
What are Monthly Challenges?
Every month, there will be different challenges that inspire Food Revolutionaries to engage with their communities. They are designed to make deeper connections with the thought leaders in the real food industry and connect with family and friends through fresh food.
At the beginning of every month, the challenges will be announced. The idea is to complete as many challenges as you can. As you complete the challenges, let us know how they went. We want to hear your stories, see your pictures and be able to show your successes through our various social media platforms. So get out there, have fun and make sure you share your story with us – we could be highlighting what you’ve been doing to the world!
Do you have suggestions for next month’s challenges?
Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find out more about our Food Revolution Ambassador program and apply to become one here!
The Jamie Oliver Food Foundation (USA)
Images: Taken from April's monthly challenges: Terri Salminen, Debbie Thorpe, Sharon Badian, Mira Jarrar, Shannon Hobson
- Inspiring Healthy Change In Oregon For Food Day 2014
- World Food Day 2014
- Popsicles With A Touch Of Pizzazz
- California Thursdays Success Story
- Leading The Food Revolution In Cornwall And Devon
- Win For Nutrition Education In South Florida
- Big Apple Crunch Is Back On Food Day 2014
- Real Food Media Project Launches New Film Library And Contest
- October Monthly Challenges
- Uruguay Establishes New Standards For School Food
- Petit Gourmet Spreads 'Fooducation' In Uruguay
- Rethinking Breakfast And Back-to-School Habits
- Celebrate Food Day On October 24
- Blog Of The Month: Food Day Blog
- Ambassador Of The Month: Real Food In Forbes, Australia
- Los Angeles Community Garden Council
- Childhood Obesity Month Sets Stage For Healthy Schools
- Thought For Food - Tackling The Biggest Issues Facing Our Food
- Top Tips For Food Education
- Happy Food Literacy Month California!