Teaming Up For A Food Revolution DinnerMon 28 May 2012
Story by Johanna M. Cook
Momma Cuisine and Hyatt Regency Chicago team up for a “Dinner for Food Revolution & Purple Asparagus”
Johanna M. Cook, founder of MommaCuisine.com has teamed up with Hyatt Regency Chicago for an exclusive dinner to raise money for Jamie Oliver’s Food Revolution and a local non-profit, Purple Asparagus founded by Melissa Graham.
Johanna is a Food Revolution advocate and her passion for making “Great Everyday Meals” as Momma Cuisine has led her to help the Food Revolution cause through the Food Revolution Day campaign. Her mission as Momma Cuisine is to show busy parents delicious and nutritious meals using simple ingredients and basic cooking techniques.
As Johanna Cook is based in the Chicago area, along with helping to raise money for the Food Revolution, she wanted to help a Chicago-local organization with the same mission and ideas. Purple Asparagus is a non-profit organization “spearheaded” by Melissa Graham (@sustainablecook) where their mission is to educate children, families and the community about eating that’s good for the body and the planet.
Hyatt Regency Chicago plays a key role in hosting this event, donating the fabulous event space as well as the entire dinner, so that all the money collected through ticket sales will be split 50/50 between Food Revolution and Purple Asparagus.
Having big entities like these come together for a meaningful cause is key in helping to continue to bring the problem of childhood obesity in the forefront of news and relevant topics in our society.
Here is the fabulous menu for the evening by Hyatt Regency Chicago:
1st Course: Amuse Bouche: Yellow Endive, Dulce Membrillo, Shaved Manchego Cheese
2nd Course: Wild Rocket, Roasted Butternut Squash, Raw Asparagus and Carrots
3rd Course: Port Wine Risotto, Radicchio, Goat Cheese
4th Course: Choice between;
Hanger Steak, Roasted Fingerling Potatoes, Vine Tomatoes, Beet Greens
5th Course: “Arnold Palmer” Lemon and Agave Nectar Panna Cotta with Rooibos Tea Gelee, Raw Sugar Lemon Shortbread Streusel, Chocolate Mind and Pulled Sugar Garnish
Please join us for a night of REAL FOOD!
Find out more about Hyatt's Food Philosophy – Thoughtfully Sourced. Carefully Served in this video.
About the author: Johanna Cook is Food Revolutionary and founder of MommaCuisine.com (@mommacuisine)
- A Family In Fresno Meets The Big Rig
- The Food Revolution Pittsburgh Cooking Club: Year One
- Propelling A School Food Revolution!
- December’s Monthly Challenges
- School Food And Policy In The U.S.
- Jamie's Foundation In America And It's Global Impact
- #FoodRevThanks And Gratitude
- Change Is Happening In Pittsburgh!
- Meet Our Malaysian Food Hero
- Blog Of The Month: The Wednesday Chef
- Cooking Up Change In Fresno
- Food Revolution Shake Up In Vienna
- Food Education: Counting Colors Instead Of Calories
- Mira’s Young Chefs - Hands-on, Educational And Fun Cooking Classes
- What Do You Mean, “Whole Foods – The Store?”
- Hong Kong’s Food Education Program – Think.Cook.Save.
- Manifesto For Pupils' Snack In Romania
- November’s Monthly Challenges
- High Protein Snacks That Satisfy
- Halloween Treat - Rocky Road Kill Recipe!