Teaming Up For A Food Revolution DinnerMon 28 May 2012
Story by Johanna M. Cook
Momma Cuisine and Hyatt Regency Chicago team up for a “Dinner for Food Revolution & Purple Asparagus”
Johanna M. Cook, founder of MommaCuisine.com has teamed up with Hyatt Regency Chicago for an exclusive dinner to raise money for Jamie Oliver’s Food Revolution and a local non-profit, Purple Asparagus founded by Melissa Graham.
Johanna is a Food Revolution advocate and her passion for making “Great Everyday Meals” as Momma Cuisine has led her to help the Food Revolution cause through the Food Revolution Day campaign. Her mission as Momma Cuisine is to show busy parents delicious and nutritious meals using simple ingredients and basic cooking techniques.
As Johanna Cook is based in the Chicago area, along with helping to raise money for the Food Revolution, she wanted to help a Chicago-local organization with the same mission and ideas. Purple Asparagus is a non-profit organization “spearheaded” by Melissa Graham (@sustainablecook) where their mission is to educate children, families and the community about eating that’s good for the body and the planet.
Hyatt Regency Chicago plays a key role in hosting this event, donating the fabulous event space as well as the entire dinner, so that all the money collected through ticket sales will be split 50/50 between Food Revolution and Purple Asparagus.
Having big entities like these come together for a meaningful cause is key in helping to continue to bring the problem of childhood obesity in the forefront of news and relevant topics in our society.
Here is the fabulous menu for the evening by Hyatt Regency Chicago:
1st Course: Amuse Bouche: Yellow Endive, Dulce Membrillo, Shaved Manchego Cheese
2nd Course: Wild Rocket, Roasted Butternut Squash, Raw Asparagus and Carrots
3rd Course: Port Wine Risotto, Radicchio, Goat Cheese
4th Course: Choice between;
Hanger Steak, Roasted Fingerling Potatoes, Vine Tomatoes, Beet Greens
5th Course: “Arnold Palmer” Lemon and Agave Nectar Panna Cotta with Rooibos Tea Gelee, Raw Sugar Lemon Shortbread Streusel, Chocolate Mind and Pulled Sugar Garnish
Please join us for a night of REAL FOOD!
Find out more about Hyatt's Food Philosophy – Thoughtfully Sourced. Carefully Served in this video.
About the author: Johanna Cook is Food Revolutionary and founder of MommaCuisine.com (@mommacuisine)
- Momentum Grows For Food Education Campaign!
- Penguin China Cooks Up A Food Revolution!
- Catch Up On Jamie’s Live #FRD2013 Google Hangout
- Cooking Field Trips For Food Revolution Day
- Big Love, Big Thanks!
- Let’s Get Food Education In Every School!
- Food Revolution Day 2013 Kicks Off Tomorrow!
- Work It! Food Revolution Day 2013 On The Job
- Nine Year Old Sadie Kick Starts A Food Revolution!
- Hangout With Jamie Oliver On Food Revolution Day!
- Host A School Activity With A Simple Lesson: Eat Good Food!
- Bringing Food Revolution Day To Campus
- One Meal Together: Stories From My Canadian Kitchen
- Making A Big Difference By Starting Small On #FRD2013
- Food Revolution Day Newry: Aiming Big For 2013
- A Key To Healthy Eating: Cook Together
- The Power Of Community For Food Revolution Day 2013
- Zynga Joins Food Revolution Day!
- A Simple Way To Join Food Revolution Day At Home
- A Real Food Picnic For Food Revolution Day 2013