NEW! The Best And Worst School Lunch Photo WallThu 29 Sep 2011
Story by The Food Revolution Team
We told you last week that we had an exciting new online project coming soon and are excited to share with you that The Best and Worst School Lunch Photo Wall is now live!
Our Photo Wall aims to shine a spotlight on what kids are being served for lunch and we need your help! Go and have lunch at your local school – whether you’re a teacher, parent or student - take a snapshot, and share it online. We want you to share your pride or disappointment at the lunch served at your own or your kids’ school this fall.
Our community will then rank these photos from good (thumbs up) to bad (thumbs down). This isn’t about criticizing school nutrition staff – it’s about a real conversation concerning the state of school food. School lunch is served under constraints including budget, staff, ingredients, and food availability. Yet under the same regulations about school food and sometimes within the same community, certain kids are getting amazing school food and others are eating unappealing junk. Help us shine a spotlight on the differences.
The “Best” and “Worst” will be determined by visitors to the Food Revolution website who participate by rating the photographs. So it’s up to you! After November 26th the site will feature the Top 10 Best and Top 10 Worst rated lunches – as voted by you –and one from each category will be picked by Jamie and the team to receive a signed cook book and be featured on the website!
We need to spread the word, get as many lunches uploaded and as many people rating them as possible. Visit the Photo Wall now!
The Food Revolution Team
Twitter: @FoodRevTeam / #bestworstlunch
Note: You have to be 13 or older to participate in The Best and Worst School Lunch Photo Wall and may need permission to take a photo of your school lunch.
- 100 Days Of Real Food – Still Going Strong
- Blog Of The Month: Top With Cinnamon
- Seasons Of Seafood Education And Dinner Series
- Smart Snacks Q&A
- Ambassador Of The Month: Teaching Life Changing Skills In LA
- Discovering Real Food
- Food Revolution Ambassadors Go Alfresco!
- Ambassador Recipes: Eating Real For Less #2
- Ambassador Recipes: Eating Real For Less #1
- A Student Led Cafeteria Revolution In Ontario
- How Poetry Changes The Conversation About Type 2 Diabetes
- August Monthly Challenges
- Real Food And Conscious Living In Bend, Oregon
- Eat. Live. Travel. Write: Inspiring A Love Of Cooking Through Words
- Why Do You Eat Real?
- "If You Can Imagine It, You Can Achieve It!"
- Global Food Initiative
- London Flagship Food Boroughs – Tackling Obesity
- Breakfast: A Most Treasured Meal Of The Day
- Lifestyle Diseases – A Review Of Actions