NEW! The Best And Worst School Lunch Photo WallThu 29 Sep 2011
Story by The Food Revolution Team
We told you last week that we had an exciting new online project coming soon and are excited to share with you that The Best and Worst School Lunch Photo Wall is now live!
Our Photo Wall aims to shine a spotlight on what kids are being served for lunch and we need your help! Go and have lunch at your local school – whether you’re a teacher, parent or student - take a snapshot, and share it online. We want you to share your pride or disappointment at the lunch served at your own or your kids’ school this fall.
Our community will then rank these photos from good (thumbs up) to bad (thumbs down). This isn’t about criticizing school nutrition staff – it’s about a real conversation concerning the state of school food. School lunch is served under constraints including budget, staff, ingredients, and food availability. Yet under the same regulations about school food and sometimes within the same community, certain kids are getting amazing school food and others are eating unappealing junk. Help us shine a spotlight on the differences.
The “Best” and “Worst” will be determined by visitors to the Food Revolution website who participate by rating the photographs. So it’s up to you! After November 26th the site will feature the Top 10 Best and Top 10 Worst rated lunches – as voted by you –and one from each category will be picked by Jamie and the team to receive a signed cook book and be featured on the website!
We need to spread the word, get as many lunches uploaded and as many people rating them as possible. Visit the Photo Wall now!
The Food Revolution Team
Twitter: @FoodRevTeam / #bestworstlunch
Note: You have to be 13 or older to participate in The Best and Worst School Lunch Photo Wall and may need permission to take a photo of your school lunch.
- Momentum Grows For Food Education Campaign!
- Penguin China Cooks Up A Food Revolution!
- Catch Up On Jamie’s Live #FRD2013 Google Hangout
- Cooking Field Trips For Food Revolution Day
- Big Love, Big Thanks!
- Let’s Get Food Education In Every School!
- Food Revolution Day 2013 Kicks Off Tomorrow!
- Work It! Food Revolution Day 2013 On The Job
- Nine Year Old Sadie Kick Starts A Food Revolution!
- Hangout With Jamie Oliver On Food Revolution Day!
- Host A School Activity With A Simple Lesson: Eat Good Food!
- Bringing Food Revolution Day To Campus
- One Meal Together: Stories From My Canadian Kitchen
- Making A Big Difference By Starting Small On #FRD2013
- Food Revolution Day Newry: Aiming Big For 2013
- A Key To Healthy Eating: Cook Together
- The Power Of Community For Food Revolution Day 2013
- Zynga Joins Food Revolution Day!
- A Simple Way To Join Food Revolution Day At Home
- A Real Food Picnic For Food Revolution Day 2013