New Year’s Food Resolutions HangoutWed 20 Feb 2013
Story by Food Revolution Team
In January we heard from Dr. Walter Willett from the Harvard School of Public Health about how small changes can make a big difference when setting diet goals for the New Year. Dr. Willett focused on simple tips for healthy living in the New Year, launching a conversation about the food goals that Food Revolutionaries around the world have made for 2013.
Next Wednesday, February 27th at 4 pm GMT/ 11 am EST/ 8 am PST we are checking in LIVE with our New Year’s Food Resolutions G+ Hangout. We will be hosting the conversation in collaboration with Harvard School of Public Health, to see how our community members have kept with their goals. Dr. Willett himself will be joining the conversation, sharing more on why healthy living matters and tried and true tips for improving your health.
Our participants for this month’s live chat will be:
Alix Rech: Alix is a student, nanny and free-lance image key word editor living in London. Born and raised in Lyon(France), Alix moved to the UK 4 years ago. Overwhelmed by the amount of conflicting advice on nutrition, she decided she wanted to find out for herself. She is now doing a degree in nutrition and health and wants to make helping people with their health and weight her career. Alix has resolved to give up dieting in 2013, instead finding a healthy balance for living well all year.
Claire O’Meara: Claire O’Meara is a Health Coach, Health and Wellness writer and speaker, and very proud to be the Food Revolution Ambassador for West Yorkshire. As a foodie with a huge passion for helping people to take a hold of their health and live a life they love, Claire is an avid follower of eating clean and all things related to health and wellbeing! Claire has resolved to be a part of the consciousness shift for health and wellbeing in her local area in 2013, creating better futures for the children from day one, and assisting adults to make the shift towards better health.
Lindsey Shifley: Lindsey Shifley is a wife, mom of three, blogger and softball coach in Illinois. Lindsey’s Food Revolution started as personal goal to cook cleaner foods for her middle daughter who was having sensory processing issues in school. Having found huge success, she is having a ball learning and inspiring others to cook real food with their kids. Lindsey has made three goals for 2013: 1. Eat more vegetables! 2. Muster more cooking gumption and 3. Get family and friends in on all the fun.
And of course, from Harvard School of Public Health
Dr. Walter Willett: Dr. Willett is the Fredrick John Stare Professor of Epidemiology and Nutrition and the chair of the department of nutrition at Harvard School of Public Health. He is also a professor at the Medical School. As one of foremost experts on the subject of nutrition, Dr. Willett has published over 1,000 articles on the subject of diet and disease, and is often quoted by the press. In May 2012 Dr. Willett presented Jamie Oliver with the prestigious, Harvard Healthy Cup Award for Jamie’s work as a champion in the field of public health.
So join us and Harvard School of Public Health next Thursday at 4 pm GMT/ 11 am EST/ 8 am PST and join the conversation or send your questions for Dr. Willett on our community Facebook page, or on Twitter using #newyearsrev and #sticktoit.
Photo Credit: Jamie and Dr. Willett at the Harvard Healthy Cup Award Ceremony taken by Aubrey LaMedica, 2012.
- Let’s Get Food Education In Every School!
- Food Revolution Day 2013 Kicks Off Tomorrow!
- Work It! Food Revolution Day 2013 On The Job
- Nine Year Old Sadie Kick Starts A Food Revolution!
- Hangout With Jamie Oliver On Food Revolution Day!
- Host A School Activity With A Simple Lesson: Eat Good Food!
- Bringing Food Revolution Day To Campus
- One Meal Together: Stories From My Canadian Kitchen
- Making A Big Difference By Starting Small On #FRD2013
- Food Revolution Day Newry: Aiming Big For 2013
- A Key To Healthy Eating: Cook Together
- The Power Of Community For Food Revolution Day 2013
- Zynga Joins Food Revolution Day!
- A Simple Way To Join Food Revolution Day At Home
- A Real Food Picnic For Food Revolution Day 2013
- Orford Festival Of Food For Food Revolution Day
- Everyone’s Revolution: Eating Well For Less
- Make A Healthy Lunch This Food Revolution Day!
- Announcing May’s Monthly Challenges
- Teaching A Love Of Real Food Around The World