One Young WorldThu 11 Aug 2011
Story by The Food Revolution Team
If you haven't heard of One Young World you should take a look. It is THE global forum for young leaders to connect and bring together the youngest, brightest and best and to ensure that their concerns, opinions and solutions are heard. We think it's a great platform for tackling global issues with the next generation of leaders.
This September the second annual One Young World Summit will be held in Zurich, Switzerland from the 1st to the 4th and marks three days of world leading and world changing talks for young leaders featuring the world's most established personalities that represent change for good.
Already signed up are a number of distinguished Counsellors including Archbishop Desmond Tutu, Bob Geldof and Muhammad Yunus who were all instrumental in the inaugural event. These world figures will be working to promote the event and other high profile counsellors Mo Ibrahim and Fatima Bhutto will join them in 2011 with more being announced.
The One Young World Inaugural Summit was held in London on February 8 to 10, 2010 and drew 823 young leaders from 112 countries. The summit focused on 6 key Resolutions developed in response to the most pressing issues in the world today, as identified by the One Young World Global Consultation Process, a poll of over 15,000 respondents aged 18-27 years old from 34 countries in every continent on the planet.
The Resolutions were the focus of the Summit's plenary sessions where Counsellors facilitated debate and dialogue between the Delegate speakers and their audience. These Resolutions are now being activated and monitored by One Young World Ambassadors on Facebook and you can find out more about the projects here.
We'll have more exciting One Young World news for you in the coming weeks!
Find out more about One Young World here.
The Food Revolution Team
- Chinese-Processed Chicken In School Meals
- The 3rd Annual SWAT Cook-Off 2014
- How Scholarships For Groceries Aim To Impact Food Deserts
- Common Threads' World Festival
- Calling All Moms, Parents, Advocates!
- The Cycle Of Giving
- What Does The Food Movement Mean To You?
- Food Revolution Day - Let's Get Kids Excited About Food
- Breathing Energy And Life Into Real Food And Education
- The Big Rig Comes To The City Of Angels
- Feed Me Dearly: The Power Of Good Food
- Empowering High Schoolers To Make Better Food Choices
- Aprilís Monthly Challenges
- The Global Food Revolution Continues
- Eating To Live
- Quality Time On The Mobile Teaching Big Rig
- Fast Food Advertising: Itís Time To Start Paying Attention
- Food Revolution Pittsburgh Cooking Club: Fancy Water
- How The Circus Turned My Picky Eater Into A Food Lover
- Getting Rooted In East Harlem