One Young WorldThu 11 Aug 2011
Story by The Food Revolution Team
If you haven't heard of One Young World you should take a look. It is THE global forum for young leaders to connect and bring together the youngest, brightest and best and to ensure that their concerns, opinions and solutions are heard. We think it's a great platform for tackling global issues with the next generation of leaders.
This September the second annual One Young World Summit will be held in Zurich, Switzerland from the 1st to the 4th and marks three days of world leading and world changing talks for young leaders featuring the world's most established personalities that represent change for good.
Already signed up are a number of distinguished Counsellors including Archbishop Desmond Tutu, Bob Geldof and Muhammad Yunus who were all instrumental in the inaugural event. These world figures will be working to promote the event and other high profile counsellors Mo Ibrahim and Fatima Bhutto will join them in 2011 with more being announced.
The One Young World Inaugural Summit was held in London on February 8 to 10, 2010 and drew 823 young leaders from 112 countries. The summit focused on 6 key Resolutions developed in response to the most pressing issues in the world today, as identified by the One Young World Global Consultation Process, a poll of over 15,000 respondents aged 18-27 years old from 34 countries in every continent on the planet.
The Resolutions were the focus of the Summit's plenary sessions where Counsellors facilitated debate and dialogue between the Delegate speakers and their audience. These Resolutions are now being activated and monitored by One Young World Ambassadors on Facebook and you can find out more about the projects here.
We'll have more exciting One Young World news for you in the coming weeks!
Find out more about One Young World here.
The Food Revolution Team
- Something For Lunch. Too Much To Ask For Kiwi Kids?
- Dirty Hands Can Lead To Healthy Hearts.
- TEDxManhattan: Changing The Way We Eat
- The 52 New Foods Challenge: Prepare For Success
- Food Truth Chefs Visit Food Literacy Center
- January 2015: New Year, New Challenges
- Making Wellness Happen In Forest Hills, Queens
- The 52 New Foods Challenge: Start The New Year Right
- The 52 New Foods Challenge: Easy Soup Recipes
- Food Revolution Toronto: Teamwork For A Common Goal
- Easy Holiday No Bake Desserts
- December 2014 Monthly Challenges
- The US School Food Fight: An Update
- Blog Of The Month: The 52 New Foods Challenge
- Ambassador Of The Month: Getting Kids Excited To Cook
- The UK School Food Plan - Year One
- Cooking Studio Brings Food Education To Taiwan
- Thanksgiving Leftovers For Breakfast
- Thanksgiving Food Traditions
- Eating Real For The Holidays