One Young WorldThu 11 Aug 2011
Story by The Food Revolution Team
If you haven't heard of One Young World you should take a look. It is THE global forum for young leaders to connect and bring together the youngest, brightest and best and to ensure that their concerns, opinions and solutions are heard. We think it's a great platform for tackling global issues with the next generation of leaders.
This September the second annual One Young World Summit will be held in Zurich, Switzerland from the 1st to the 4th and marks three days of world leading and world changing talks for young leaders featuring the world's most established personalities that represent change for good.
Already signed up are a number of distinguished Counsellors including Archbishop Desmond Tutu, Bob Geldof and Muhammad Yunus who were all instrumental in the inaugural event. These world figures will be working to promote the event and other high profile counsellors Mo Ibrahim and Fatima Bhutto will join them in 2011 with more being announced.
The One Young World Inaugural Summit was held in London on February 8 to 10, 2010 and drew 823 young leaders from 112 countries. The summit focused on 6 key Resolutions developed in response to the most pressing issues in the world today, as identified by the One Young World Global Consultation Process, a poll of over 15,000 respondents aged 18-27 years old from 34 countries in every continent on the planet.
The Resolutions were the focus of the Summit's plenary sessions where Counsellors facilitated debate and dialogue between the Delegate speakers and their audience. These Resolutions are now being activated and monitored by One Young World Ambassadors on Facebook and you can find out more about the projects here.
We'll have more exciting One Young World news for you in the coming weeks!
Find out more about One Young World here.
The Food Revolution Team
- Food Revolution Ambassadors Go Alfresco!
- Ambassador Recipes: Eating Real For Less #2
- Ambassador Recipes: Eating Real For Less #1
- A Student Led Cafeteria Revolution In Ontario
- How Poetry Changes The Conversation About Type 2 Diabetes
- August Monthly Challenges
- Real Food And Conscious Living In Bend, Oregon
- Eat. Live. Travel. Write: Inspiring A Love Of Cooking Through Words
- Why Do You Eat Real?
- "If You Can Imagine It, You Can Achieve It!"
- Global Food Initiative
- London Flagship Food Boroughs – Tackling Obesity
- Breakfast: A Most Treasured Meal Of The Day
- Lifestyle Diseases – A Review Of Actions
- Food Lab Celebrates 30 Years Of Healthy Food Empowerment
- Sparking Change In Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Good And Cheap: Cooking Delicious Meals On A Budget
- July’s Monthly Challenges
- Food Revolution Day 2014 - The Results Are In!
- Ambassador Of The Month: Sándor From Hungary