Online Shoppers Raise $20,000 For Food Education!Thu 27 Jun 2013
Story by Jamie Oliver Food Foundation Team
Support better food education and help keep cooking skills alive as you shop online.
A huge thank you to everyone that has downloaded our Jamie Oliver Food Foundation Giving Assistant, you’ve helped to raise over $20,000!
This has allowed us to establish food education programs for schools and after-school clubs in America; we couldn’t have done this without you!
The Jamie Oliver Food Foundation Giving Assistant is a browser app which once downloaded allows you to raise funds for hands-on food education programs while shopping online.
It’s so simple, when you shop online on hundreds of partner websites, a portion of your purchase is donated to the Jamie Oliver Food Foundation by the online retailers so it’s at no extra cost to you! It’s easy, it’s safe, it’s free and you can keep a track on exactly how much you have raised as you shop.
With the Jamie Oliver Food Foundation Giving Assistant, you can now raise funds to support the roll out of our ‘Learn Your Fruit and Vegetables’ program.
Our aim is to get people excited about fruits and vegetables - eating them, learning about them and understanding why they’re so good for you.
This is the first step towards better food education. The ‘Learn Your Fruit and Vegetables’ program consists of 14 1-hour sessions that focus on a particular fruit or vegetable and has its own food education card which includes an easy recipe, fun facts and optional activities. $1 funds 1 Fruit or Vegetable class for 1 child, $25 funds 1 Fruit or Vegetable class for 25 children and $250 funds the full ‘Learn Your Fruit and Vegetables’ program for an entire class.
Watch the ‘Learn Your Fruits and Vegetables’ program promo video here.
Download the Jamie Oliver Food Foundation Giving Assistant today and join over 7,000 others raising funds as they shop online!
About the Jamie Oliver Food Foundation
The Jamie Oliver Food Foundation (JOFF) is a California-based non-profit, 501(c)(3) that works to bring food education to schools and youth groups, businesses and communities. It does this by raising awareness to galvanize policy changes at a local and national level, offering hands-on training to instill food skills and knowledge, and
- The Food Revolution Pittsburgh Cooking Club: Year One
- Propelling A School Food Revolution!
- December’s Monthly Challenges
- School Food And Policy In The U.S.
- Jamie's Foundation In America And It's Global Impact
- #FoodRevThanks And Gratitude
- Change Is Happening In Pittsburgh!
- Meet Our Malaysian Food Hero
- Blog Of The Month: The Wednesday Chef
- Cooking Up Change In Fresno
- Food Revolution Shake Up In Vienna
- Food Education: Counting Colors Instead Of Calories
- Mira’s Young Chefs - Hands-on, Educational And Fun Cooking Classes
- What Do You Mean, “Whole Foods – The Store?”
- Hong Kong’s Food Education Program – Think.Cook.Save.
- Manifesto For Pupils' Snack In Romania
- November’s Monthly Challenges
- High Protein Snacks That Satisfy
- Halloween Treat - Rocky Road Kill Recipe!
- Jamie Oliver Addresses The Global Food Revolution