Online Shoppers Raise $20,000 For Food Education!Thu 27 Jun 2013
Story by Jamie Oliver Food Foundation Team
Support better food education and help keep cooking skills alive as you shop online.
A huge thank you to everyone that has downloaded our Jamie Oliver Food Foundation Giving Assistant, you’ve helped to raise over $20,000!
This has allowed us to establish food education programs for schools and after-school clubs in America; we couldn’t have done this without you!
The Jamie Oliver Food Foundation Giving Assistant is a browser app which once downloaded allows you to raise funds for hands-on food education programs while shopping online.
It’s so simple, when you shop online on hundreds of partner websites, a portion of your purchase is donated to the Jamie Oliver Food Foundation by the online retailers so it’s at no extra cost to you! It’s easy, it’s safe, it’s free and you can keep a track on exactly how much you have raised as you shop.
With the Jamie Oliver Food Foundation Giving Assistant, you can now raise funds to support the roll out of our ‘Learn Your Fruit and Vegetables’ program.
Our aim is to get people excited about fruits and vegetables - eating them, learning about them and understanding why they’re so good for you.
This is the first step towards better food education. The ‘Learn Your Fruit and Vegetables’ program consists of 14 1-hour sessions that focus on a particular fruit or vegetable and has its own food education card which includes an easy recipe, fun facts and optional activities. $1 funds 1 Fruit or Vegetable class for 1 child, $25 funds 1 Fruit or Vegetable class for 25 children and $250 funds the full ‘Learn Your Fruit and Vegetables’ program for an entire class.
Watch the ‘Learn Your Fruits and Vegetables’ program promo video here.
Download the Jamie Oliver Food Foundation Giving Assistant today and join over 7,000 others raising funds as they shop online!
About the Jamie Oliver Food Foundation
The Jamie Oliver Food Foundation (JOFF) is a California-based non-profit, 501(c)(3) that works to bring food education to schools and youth groups, businesses and communities. It does this by raising awareness to galvanize policy changes at a local and national level, offering hands-on training to instill food skills and knowledge, and
- Food Revolution Ambassadors Go Alfresco!
- Ambassador Recipes: Eating Real For Less #2
- Ambassador Recipes: Eating Real For Less #1
- A Student Led Cafeteria Revolution In Ontario
- How Poetry Changes The Conversation About Type 2 Diabetes
- August Monthly Challenges
- Real Food And Conscious Living In Bend, Oregon
- Eat. Live. Travel. Write: Inspiring A Love Of Cooking Through Words
- Why Do You Eat Real?
- "If You Can Imagine It, You Can Achieve It!"
- Global Food Initiative
- London Flagship Food Boroughs – Tackling Obesity
- Breakfast: A Most Treasured Meal Of The Day
- Lifestyle Diseases – A Review Of Actions
- Food Lab Celebrates 30 Years Of Healthy Food Empowerment
- Sparking Change In Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Good And Cheap: Cooking Delicious Meals On A Budget
- July’s Monthly Challenges
- Food Revolution Day 2014 - The Results Are In!
- Ambassador Of The Month: Sándor From Hungary