Online Shoppers Raise $20,000 For Food Education!Thu 27 Jun 2013
Story by Jamie Oliver Food Foundation Team
Support better food education and help keep cooking skills alive as you shop online.
A huge thank you to everyone that has downloaded our Jamie Oliver Food Foundation Giving Assistant, you’ve helped to raise over $20,000!
This has allowed us to establish food education programs for schools and after-school clubs in America; we couldn’t have done this without you!
The Jamie Oliver Food Foundation Giving Assistant is a browser app which once downloaded allows you to raise funds for hands-on food education programs while shopping online.
It’s so simple, when you shop online on hundreds of partner websites, a portion of your purchase is donated to the Jamie Oliver Food Foundation by the online retailers so it’s at no extra cost to you! It’s easy, it’s safe, it’s free and you can keep a track on exactly how much you have raised as you shop.
With the Jamie Oliver Food Foundation Giving Assistant, you can now raise funds to support the roll out of our ‘Learn Your Fruit and Vegetables’ program.
Our aim is to get people excited about fruits and vegetables - eating them, learning about them and understanding why they’re so good for you.
This is the first step towards better food education. The ‘Learn Your Fruit and Vegetables’ program consists of 14 1-hour sessions that focus on a particular fruit or vegetable and has its own food education card which includes an easy recipe, fun facts and optional activities. $1 funds 1 Fruit or Vegetable class for 1 child, $25 funds 1 Fruit or Vegetable class for 25 children and $250 funds the full ‘Learn Your Fruit and Vegetables’ program for an entire class.
Watch the ‘Learn Your Fruits and Vegetables’ program promo video here.
Download the Jamie Oliver Food Foundation Giving Assistant today and join over 7,000 others raising funds as they shop online!
About the Jamie Oliver Food Foundation
The Jamie Oliver Food Foundation (JOFF) is a California-based non-profit, 501(c)(3) that works to bring food education to schools and youth groups, businesses and communities. It does this by raising awareness to galvanize policy changes at a local and national level, offering hands-on training to instill food skills and knowledge, and
- Thanksgiving Food Traditions
- Eating Real For The Holidays
- LAUSD: Smarter Lunchrooms
- Five Healthy Snack Ideas For Your Holiday Table
- Berkeley Passes Soda Tax
- Diaries From The Chicago Food Day 2014
- The Revolution Is Just Beginning
- RUSD Revolutionizes Children's Eating Behaviors
- Reinventing School Lunches In Chestnut Hill
- World Diabetes Day – ‘Off To The Right Start’
- Five New Side Dishes For Your Holiday Table
- Good Food Org Guide Lists Jamie Oliver Food Foundation
- The 52 New Foods Challenge
- Jamie Calls For An 'ambush' In Food Education Fight
- November 2014 Monthly Challenges
- Exploring The Food In Landlocked Developing Countries
- Blog Of The Month: Oh, Ladycakes
- Exciting News From The Chef Ann Foundation!
- Ambassador Of The Month: Food Education In Torpoint, UK
- Getting Kids To Eat Real Food, One New Food At A Time