Real Food Advocates!Mon 25 Jun 2012
Story by The Food Revolution Team
Led by Food Revolution Hero Kim Gerber, a group of Food Revolutionaries teamed up at the end of last year to become the ‘Real Food Advocates’, supporting the Food Revolution, standing up for real food and promoting the mission of better food education for all.
Inspired by Kim the group teamed up to help raise awareness over the importance of real food and to support the Food Revolution, in the lead up to and on Food Revolution Day.
Made up from countries all across the world, the Real Food Advocates team share one central vision and mission - to educate others about food and to improve the health and diets of their families, friends and communities through real food and food education.
Real Food Events
Members of the team included Food Revolution hero Thippi Fleckenstein, who hosted a number of events including a YMCA Amazing Race Snack Attack event, Earth Day Art Sale and various cooking classes; #FoodRevParty hosts Brenda Thompson (@mealplanmom) who hosted a food workshop and potluck and is now planning a wellness fair; and Amanda Wendt (@theorganictrail) who held a Food Revolution Day dinner party, cooking class and recipe swap.
Johanna Cook (@mommacuisine) and Bri DeRosa (@redroundorgreen) were also among the real food advocates - Johanna teamed up with Hyatt Regency Chicago to host an elegant and fun Food Revolution Dinner while Bri raised awareness and funds through a real food dinner at her house, a virtual progressive dinner party and t-shirt sale.
Special thanks also goes to Jennifer Tyler Lee (@crunchacolor), Karen LeBillon (@karenlebillon), Laura Fuentes (@momables), Kelly Doscher (@FoodMindedMama) and Natalie Perry (@perrysplate) who all helped raised awareness and created noise for Food Revolution Day and the need for better food education. Other team members who helped to stir the pot include @miaCucina, @handstandkids, @EasyLunchboxes, @muffintinmom, @FoodMindedMama, @ZumaOrganic, @lifesafeast and @HealthnutFoodie.
The group already have nearly 700 followers on facebook and are helping to spread the message to even more via their own facebook and twitter accounts and personal blogs. Do you fancy connecting up with the team? Visit them at facebook.com/realfoodadvocates to find out more.
The Food Revolution Team
- The Food Revolution Pittsburgh Cooking Club: Year One
- Propelling A School Food Revolution!
- December’s Monthly Challenges
- School Food And Policy In The U.S.
- Jamie's Foundation In America And It's Global Impact
- #FoodRevThanks And Gratitude
- Change Is Happening In Pittsburgh!
- Meet Our Malaysian Food Hero
- Blog Of The Month: The Wednesday Chef
- Cooking Up Change In Fresno
- Food Revolution Shake Up In Vienna
- Food Education: Counting Colors Instead Of Calories
- Mira’s Young Chefs - Hands-on, Educational And Fun Cooking Classes
- What Do You Mean, “Whole Foods – The Store?”
- Hong Kong’s Food Education Program – Think.Cook.Save.
- Manifesto For Pupils' Snack In Romania
- November’s Monthly Challenges
- High Protein Snacks That Satisfy
- Halloween Treat - Rocky Road Kill Recipe!
- Jamie Oliver Addresses The Global Food Revolution