Real Food Advocates!Mon 25 Jun 2012
Story by The Food Revolution Team
Led by Food Revolution Hero Kim Gerber, a group of Food Revolutionaries teamed up at the end of last year to become the ‘Real Food Advocates’, supporting the Food Revolution, standing up for real food and promoting the mission of better food education for all.
Inspired by Kim the group teamed up to help raise awareness over the importance of real food and to support the Food Revolution, in the lead up to and on Food Revolution Day.
Made up from countries all across the world, the Real Food Advocates team share one central vision and mission - to educate others about food and to improve the health and diets of their families, friends and communities through real food and food education.
Real Food Events
Members of the team included Food Revolution hero Thippi Fleckenstein, who hosted a number of events including a YMCA Amazing Race Snack Attack event, Earth Day Art Sale and various cooking classes; #FoodRevParty hosts Brenda Thompson (@mealplanmom) who hosted a food workshop and potluck and is now planning a wellness fair; and Amanda Wendt (@theorganictrail) who held a Food Revolution Day dinner party, cooking class and recipe swap.
Johanna Cook (@mommacuisine) and Bri DeRosa (@redroundorgreen) were also among the real food advocates - Johanna teamed up with Hyatt Regency Chicago to host an elegant and fun Food Revolution Dinner while Bri raised awareness and funds through a real food dinner at her house, a virtual progressive dinner party and t-shirt sale.
Special thanks also goes to Jennifer Tyler Lee (@crunchacolor), Karen LeBillon (@karenlebillon), Laura Fuentes (@momables), Kelly Doscher (@FoodMindedMama) and Natalie Perry (@perrysplate) who all helped raised awareness and created noise for Food Revolution Day and the need for better food education. Other team members who helped to stir the pot include @miaCucina, @handstandkids, @EasyLunchboxes, @muffintinmom, @FoodMindedMama, @ZumaOrganic, @lifesafeast and @HealthnutFoodie.
The group already have nearly 700 followers on facebook and are helping to spread the message to even more via their own facebook and twitter accounts and personal blogs. Do you fancy connecting up with the team? Visit them at facebook.com/realfoodadvocates to find out more.
The Food Revolution Team
- Food Revolution Day At Work In The Netherlands
- The Disco Salad In Vienna On May 17
- Creating A Waterfall Of Real Food, Cooking And Food Education
- Food For Thought On Food Revolution Day.
- Revolutionizing Food In Richmond
- Food Tasting For FRD2013 At Roehampton University
- Learning Knife Skills And Life Skills In Pittsburgh
- The Family Dinner Challenge
- A Potluck Of Fun For Food Revolution Day
- Jamie's Italian Celebrates Food Revolution Day
- The Ultimate Italian Supper For Food Revolution Day
- Announcing June’s Monthly Challenges
- Promoting The Mission For Better Food In Devon
- 'Mr. Zee's Apple Factory' Teaches Kids About Processed Food
- WITS Celebrates Food Revolution Day With Seasonal Greens
- Food Revolution Day In North Carolina Grows Even Stronger!
- 74 Countries Celebrate Food Revolution Day
- World Health Assembly Adopts New Targets
- Hong Kong Hungers For Better Food & Food Education
- Blog Of The Month - The Scoop On Nutrition