Revolutionary Meal Project With Google+Wed 02 May 2012
Story by The Food Revolution Day Team & Google+
Yesterday we were really excited to announce that Jamie will be hosting a Google+ Hangout especially for Food Revolution Day on May 19th through Food Revolution Community’s G+ profile. This is a chance for Jamie to connect with the world and stand up for real food for a good cause, to bring back food education!
WATCH THE VIDEO
SHARE YOUR STORY
The Food Revolution Starts At Home
• What is the My Revolutionary Meal Project?
Chef Jamie Oliver started his Food Revolution to encourage people to cook at home as a pathway to a healthier life. In honor of Food Revolution Day on May 19th, people are sharing stories and recipes of Revolutionary Meals from around the world.
• What is a Revolutionary Meal?
A meal made with real ingredients, cooked at home and eaten together.
• Why should I get involved?
The revolution starts with you. By preparing our own meals, we can control what ingredients are used and serve healthy portions. Cooking at home means passing skills between friends and families, across generations. Eating together means strengthening our communities.
The Food Revolution Is Grown Online
SHARE a video, photo, story or recipe about one of your Revolutionary Meals by posting on Google+ with the hashtag #foodrevolution. In your post, tell Jamie Oliver why that meal is revolutionary for you (e.g. you learned the recipe from grandma, you grew the vegetable yourself, you cooked it with your kids).
CELEBRATE Food Revolution Day in your community by joining Jamie Oliver for dinner (via Google+ Hangout) on Saturday May 19th at 8pm EST. The live Hangout will be aired on the Food Revolution Community +Page. He’ll be having dinner online with some home-grown food revolutionaries… and one of them might be you!
The Food Revolution Day Team & Google+
- A Family In Fresno Meets The Big Rig
- The Food Revolution Pittsburgh Cooking Club: Year One
- Propelling A School Food Revolution!
- December’s Monthly Challenges
- School Food And Policy In The U.S.
- Jamie's Foundation In America And It's Global Impact
- #FoodRevThanks And Gratitude
- Change Is Happening In Pittsburgh!
- Meet Our Malaysian Food Hero
- Blog Of The Month: The Wednesday Chef
- Cooking Up Change In Fresno
- Food Revolution Shake Up In Vienna
- Food Education: Counting Colors Instead Of Calories
- Mira’s Young Chefs - Hands-on, Educational And Fun Cooking Classes
- What Do You Mean, “Whole Foods – The Store?”
- Hong Kong’s Food Education Program – Think.Cook.Save.
- Manifesto For Pupils' Snack In Romania
- November’s Monthly Challenges
- High Protein Snacks That Satisfy
- Halloween Treat - Rocky Road Kill Recipe!