School Lunch Photo Wall – What’s For Lunch In YOUR State?Thu 17 Nov 2011
Story by The Food Revolution Team
The Food Revolution School Lunch Photo Wall is now in its sixth week, and we are amazed by how many of you have checked in to see and rate what’s being served in schools all across the world. So far over 245,000 of you have visited the photo wall and over 28,000 votes have been cast!
However, We Still Need Your Help To Build A Powerful Showcase Of School Lunches!
We’ve been checking in to see where all our photos are coming from and have discovered that there are still a number of states from which we are yet to see any photos...
... Alabama, Alaska, Connecticut, Delaware, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Montana, South Carolina, South Dakota, West Virginia and Wyoming... we want to know what’s for lunch in your state!
So if you live in one of these states, show us what’s for school lunch! You can upload as many photos as you like, so why not document lunches for a whole week and add them all in order to really show what is on the lunch tray.
If you are not based in America, we still want to see your lunches too! We’ve been amazed at the lunches that have come in from across the world, including Canada, Costa Rica, Chile, Japan, Australia, Greece, Japan, Kenya and Hong Kong!
Exciting News On The Photo Wall!
The Food Revolution Photo Wall will now be open for the whole 2011–2012 school year!
When we started the photo wall project we had underestimated the great engagement and debate it would go on to create so we are extending the great work.
While the photo wall will be closing on the 19th of December for the holiday season, it will reopen early in the New Year and remain open until Summer 2012. So you can continue to add photos throughout your semesters and help the Food Revolution build a meaningful showcase of school lunches during the 2011/2012 school year to compare for years to come.
We will still do a round up before the year is out on where we're at on the best and worst rated school lunches, so...
Upload, rate and share photos now!
The Food Revolution Team
- Berkeley’s Efforts To Pass Measure D, The Soda Tax
- The Crunch Heard 'Round The County
- Illinois Ambassadors Join Forces On Food Day 2014
- The Dining Room Table As A Nexus For Change
- Inspiring Healthy Change In Oregon For Food Day 2014
- World Food Day 2014
- Popsicles With A Touch Of Pizzazz
- California Thursdays Success Story
- Leading The Food Revolution In Cornwall And Devon
- Win For Nutrition Education In South Florida
- Big Apple Crunch Is Back On Food Day 2014
- Real Food Media Project Launches New Film Library And Contest
- October Monthly Challenges
- Uruguay Establishes New Standards For School Food
- Petit Gourmet Spreads 'Fooducation' In Uruguay
- Rethinking Breakfast And Back-to-School Habits
- Celebrate Food Day On October 24
- Blog Of The Month: Food Day Blog
- Ambassador Of The Month: Real Food In Forbes, Australia
- Los Angeles Community Garden Council