School Lunch Photo Wall – What’s For Lunch In YOUR State?Thu 17 Nov 2011
Story by The Food Revolution Team
The Food Revolution School Lunch Photo Wall is now in its sixth week, and we are amazed by how many of you have checked in to see and rate what’s being served in schools all across the world. So far over 245,000 of you have visited the photo wall and over 28,000 votes have been cast!
However, We Still Need Your Help To Build A Powerful Showcase Of School Lunches!
We’ve been checking in to see where all our photos are coming from and have discovered that there are still a number of states from which we are yet to see any photos...
... Alabama, Alaska, Connecticut, Delaware, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Montana, South Carolina, South Dakota, West Virginia and Wyoming... we want to know what’s for lunch in your state!
So if you live in one of these states, show us what’s for school lunch! You can upload as many photos as you like, so why not document lunches for a whole week and add them all in order to really show what is on the lunch tray.
If you are not based in America, we still want to see your lunches too! We’ve been amazed at the lunches that have come in from across the world, including Canada, Costa Rica, Chile, Japan, Australia, Greece, Japan, Kenya and Hong Kong!
Exciting News On The Photo Wall!
The Food Revolution Photo Wall will now be open for the whole 2011–2012 school year!
When we started the photo wall project we had underestimated the great engagement and debate it would go on to create so we are extending the great work.
While the photo wall will be closing on the 19th of December for the holiday season, it will reopen early in the New Year and remain open until Summer 2012. So you can continue to add photos throughout your semesters and help the Food Revolution build a meaningful showcase of school lunches during the 2011/2012 school year to compare for years to come.
We will still do a round up before the year is out on where we're at on the best and worst rated school lunches, so...
Upload, rate and share photos now!
The Food Revolution Team
- Pilot Light Chefs Spark Food Education In Chicago
- Something For Lunch. Too Much To Ask For Kiwi Kids?
- Dirty Hands Can Lead To Healthy Hearts.
- TEDxManhattan: Changing The Way We Eat
- The 52 New Foods Challenge: Prepare For Success
- Food Truth Chefs Visit Food Literacy Center
- January 2015: New Year, New Challenges
- Making Wellness Happen In Forest Hills, Queens
- The 52 New Foods Challenge: Start The New Year Right
- The 52 New Foods Challenge: Easy Soup Recipes
- Food Revolution Toronto: Teamwork For A Common Goal
- Easy Holiday No Bake Desserts
- December 2014 Monthly Challenges
- The US School Food Fight: An Update
- Blog Of The Month: The 52 New Foods Challenge
- Ambassador Of The Month: Getting Kids Excited To Cook
- The UK School Food Plan - Year One
- Cooking Studio Brings Food Education To Taiwan
- Thanksgiving Leftovers For Breakfast
- Thanksgiving Food Traditions