School Lunch Photo Wall – What’s For Lunch In YOUR State?Thu 17 Nov 2011
Story by The Food Revolution Team
The Food Revolution School Lunch Photo Wall is now in its sixth week, and we are amazed by how many of you have checked in to see and rate what’s being served in schools all across the world. So far over 245,000 of you have visited the photo wall and over 28,000 votes have been cast!
However, We Still Need Your Help To Build A Powerful Showcase Of School Lunches!
We’ve been checking in to see where all our photos are coming from and have discovered that there are still a number of states from which we are yet to see any photos...
... Alabama, Alaska, Connecticut, Delaware, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Montana, South Carolina, South Dakota, West Virginia and Wyoming... we want to know what’s for lunch in your state!
So if you live in one of these states, show us what’s for school lunch! You can upload as many photos as you like, so why not document lunches for a whole week and add them all in order to really show what is on the lunch tray.
If you are not based in America, we still want to see your lunches too! We’ve been amazed at the lunches that have come in from across the world, including Canada, Costa Rica, Chile, Japan, Australia, Greece, Japan, Kenya and Hong Kong!
Exciting News On The Photo Wall!
The Food Revolution Photo Wall will now be open for the whole 2011–2012 school year!
When we started the photo wall project we had underestimated the great engagement and debate it would go on to create so we are extending the great work.
While the photo wall will be closing on the 19th of December for the holiday season, it will reopen early in the New Year and remain open until Summer 2012. So you can continue to add photos throughout your semesters and help the Food Revolution build a meaningful showcase of school lunches during the 2011/2012 school year to compare for years to come.
We will still do a round up before the year is out on where we're at on the best and worst rated school lunches, so...
Upload, rate and share photos now!
The Food Revolution Team
- LAUSD: Smarter Lunchrooms
- Five Healthy Snack Ideas For Your Holiday Table
- Berkeley Passes Soda Tax
- Diaries From The Chicago Food Day 2014
- The Revolution Is Just Beginning
- RUSD Revolutionizes Children's Eating Behaviors
- Reinventing School Lunches In Chestnut Hill
- World Diabetes Day – ‘Off To The Right Start’
- Five New Side Dishes For Your Holiday Table
- Good Food Org Guide Lists Jamie Oliver Food Foundation
- The 52 New Foods Challenge
- Jamie Calls For An 'ambush' In Food Education Fight
- November 2014 Monthly Challenges
- Exploring The Food In Landlocked Developing Countries
- Blog Of The Month: Oh, Ladycakes
- Exciting News From The Chef Ann Foundation!
- Ambassador Of The Month: Food Education In Torpoint, UK
- Getting Kids To Eat Real Food, One New Food At A Time
- The Umbrella Movement & The Children Of Hong Kong
- Yummy Supper: Greens And Beans And Baked Eggs