Septemberís Monthly ChallengesMon 02 Sep 2013
Story by Sarah Curl
For Septemberís Monthly Challenges, we are focused on starting Food Revolutions in your local school, getting creative with seasonal vegetables to create delicious soups and learning more about non-communicable diseases (NCDs) and the steps your country has taken to combat NCDs.
Monthly Challenges are perfect ways to get more involved in your community or help create real food goals for the month so have fun with these challenges, get connected with you community and as always, let us know how they go!
Septemberís Challenge #1:
In honor of summer ending and kids going back to school, download our School eBook for 30 ideas on how to start a Food Revolution at your school, your children schoolís or your friendís school. For additional school food toolkits, go here.
Septemberís Challenge #2:
Get creative with soups! Our recipe of the month is our delicious Corn Chowder, why not make this at home or another soup, and teach your kids or friends how to make a simple and delicious soup!
Septemberís Challenge #3:
Do you know what an Non Communicable Disease (NCD) is? Inform your self and then see if you can find out what's happening in your country around NCDs. Let us know what you find! Find out more about NCDs here.
What are Monthly Challenges?
Every month, there will be different challenges that inspire Food Revolutionaries to engage with their communities. They are designed to make deeper connections with the thought leaders in the real food industry and connect with family and friends through fresh food.
At the beginning of every month, the challenges will be announced through a blog post, email, Facebook and Twitter. The idea is to complete as many challenges as you can. As you complete the challenges, let us know how they went. We want to hear your stories, see your pictures and be able to show your successes through our various social media platforms. So get out there, have fun and make sure you share your story with us Ė we could be highlighting what youíve been doing to the world!
Do you have suggestions for next monthís challenges?
Let us know at email@example.com.
Find out more about our Food Revolution Ambassador program and apply to become one here!
About the author: Sarah Curl is the Food Revolution Community Manager for the Jamie Oliver Food Foundation. Twitter: @sarahanncurl
Photo Credit: From the top left (clockwise) Ė Sarvin Haghighi Ė Chicago, Illinois, Adela Raluca Moldovan Ė Cluj, Romania, Muge Parlatir-Kale Ė Istanbul, Turkey and Noelia Fernandez Ė Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- Top Tips For Food Education
- Happy Food Literacy Month California!
- The Mount Desert Island Hospital Food Revolution Heats Up
- Big Changes In UK School Food
- More Outdoor Dining Moments From Across The Globe
- September Monthly Challenges
- 100 Days Of Real Food Ė Still Going Strong
- Blog Of The Month: Top With Cinnamon
- Seasons Of Seafood Education And Dinner Series
- Smart Snacks Q&A
- Ambassador Of The Month: Teaching Life Changing Skills In LA
- Discovering Real Food
- Food Revolution Ambassadors Go Alfresco!
- Ambassador Recipes: Eating Real For Less #2
- Ambassador Recipes: Eating Real For Less #1
- A Student Led Cafeteria Revolution In Ontario
- How Poetry Changes The Conversation About Type 2 Diabetes
- August Monthly Challenges
- Real Food And Conscious Living In Bend, Oregon
- Eat. Live. Travel. Write: Inspiring A Love Of Cooking Through Words