Shop Back-to-School, Support Food Education!Wed 25 Jul 2012
Story by The Food Revolution Team
Support Food Education Projects by Back-to-School Shopping Using Our Giving Assistant and Help Raise Funds for the Food Revolution
Itís that time of year again, back-to-school! And this year as you get your kids ready to start a new school year, you can also help support better food education at the same time!
By downloading our free Food Revolution Giving Assistant you can help raise funds to support our food education projects while you make those important back-to-school purchases online. As we develop our projects and start to roll out weíll be making sure youíre the first to know!
Itís really easy to take part in our back-to-school campaign; all you need to do is download the Food Revolution Giving Assistant browser app. Once installed (available for Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Internet Explorer) every time you shop online, a portion of your sale will be donated to the Food Revolution. So as you get your notebooks, school uniforms and lunch boxes youíll be fundraising for free, investing in better food education and standing up for real food!
Back-to-School Campaign Prize!
You could win this T-fal Jamie Oliver cookware set!
We have a great prize for our back-to-school campaign kindly donated by our friends at T-fal Ė a 10 piece T-fal Ultimate Hard Anodized by Jamie Oliver cookware set!
Download the Giving Assistant and make a purchase with one of our retail partners before August 31st and not only will you be supporting better food education through our back-to-school campaign but you will also be automatically entered to win this grand prize!
Where To Do Your Back-to-School Shopping!
Need to know where to make your back-to-school purchases and make sure youíre supporting the Food Revolution all at the same time? Here are just some of our online retail partners that work with our Giving Assistant to make sure a percentage goes directly to our food education project, props to them!
From laptops to lunch bags to T.I. calculators, the Giving Assistant gives 1.6% of your order to the Food Revolution. Letís also not forget Amazon offers college students and moms Amazon Prime, which comes with free 1-day shipping and discounts.
When you order a new backpack, pencils, pens, ink, paper, index cards, Post-It notes, and anything in between at Staples.com, the Giving Assistant gives up to 2% of your order to the Food Revolution. Plus, Staples is offering free shipping on orders over $45.
Calling all college students! Rather than buying this yearís textbooks Ė why not rent them? You donít have to worry about reselling them and itís significantly cheaper - save up to 85% on textbooks! When you rent your textbook from Chegg, the Giving Assistant gives up to 4% of your order to the Food Revolution.
In addition to Amazon, Staples, and Chegg, hundreds of other online retailers generate funds for the Food Revolution. See a list of our retail partners here.
Help us to change the way people eat by educating every child about food, empowering families by arming them with the skills and knowledge to cook again, and inspiring everyone to stand up for their rights to better food.
Our Giving Assistant users have so far raised a total of $10,000 helping us to start development of our hands-on unique training programs! THANK YOU for your amazing support. If you havenít already, you can join the 3,000+ current users and help make a difference. Simply download our Food Revolution Giving Assistant and make your purchases count this year.
The Food Revolution Team
- Letís Get Food Education In Every School!
- Food Revolution Day 2013 Kicks Off Tomorrow!
- Work It! Food Revolution Day 2013 On The Job
- Nine Year Old Sadie Kick Starts A Food Revolution!
- Hangout With Jamie Oliver On Food Revolution Day!
- Host A School Activity With A Simple Lesson: Eat Good Food!
- Bringing Food Revolution Day To Campus
- One Meal Together: Stories From My Canadian Kitchen
- Making A Big Difference By Starting Small On #FRD2013
- Food Revolution Day Newry: Aiming Big For 2013
- A Key To Healthy Eating: Cook Together
- The Power Of Community For Food Revolution Day 2013
- Zynga Joins Food Revolution Day!
- A Simple Way To Join Food Revolution Day At Home
- A Real Food Picnic For Food Revolution Day 2013
- Orford Festival Of Food For Food Revolution Day
- Everyoneís Revolution: Eating Well For Less
- Make A Healthy Lunch This Food Revolution Day!
- Announcing Mayís Monthly Challenges
- Teaching A Love Of Real Food Around The World