Support The Food Revolution All Year Long!Wed 30 May 2012
Story by Katie Horgan
Did you know that you can support the Food Revolution and stand up for real food all year long with the FREE Food Revolution Giving Assistant?
The Giving Assistant is a simple online tool - a browser app - that makes it effortless to raise money to benefit the Food Revolution, supporting better food education. The best part? There is absolutely no cost to you. That's zip, zero, nada!
Once the Giving Assistant is installed in your browser (available for Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Internet Explorer) here's how it works:
• You buy a cookbook online: Perhaps the Food Revolution has inspired you to learn to cook more meals, so you decide you’d like to a new cookbook from www.amazon.com. When you complete your purchase, a portion of your purchase automatically goes to the Food Revolution campaign.
• You book your summer vacation on Expedia: Summer is nearly here, and you might decide you need a little getaway. You decide to book a trip to Hawaii on www.expedia.com. When you complete your purchase, a portion of your purchase automatically goes to the Food Revolution campaign.
• You buy a movie ticket on Fandango: The Dark Night Rises releases in July. You decide to purchase your movie ticket on www.fandango.com in advance, because you know the movie will be sold out! When you complete your purchase, a portion of your purchase automatically goes to the Food Revolution campaign.
The funds are donated from our online retail parters who pay a commission to drive traffic to their sites. We have hundreds of online partners, such as Amazon, Gap, and BestBuy, and it doesn’t cost you a thing (note that the percentage of your purchase donated to the campaign differs between retail partners).
Join the 3,000 supporters who have installed the Giving Assistant, and download for free today to support better food education!
Have a question about the Giving Assistant? Please don’t hesitate to ask our tech team at email@example.com!
About the author: Katie Horgan is Head of marketing and operations at globalmojo, a runner, health advocate, foodie, and supporter of the Food Revolution!
- A Family In Fresno Meets The Big Rig
- The Food Revolution Pittsburgh Cooking Club: Year One
- Propelling A School Food Revolution!
- December’s Monthly Challenges
- School Food And Policy In The U.S.
- Jamie's Foundation In America And It's Global Impact
- #FoodRevThanks And Gratitude
- Change Is Happening In Pittsburgh!
- Meet Our Malaysian Food Hero
- Blog Of The Month: The Wednesday Chef
- Cooking Up Change In Fresno
- Food Revolution Shake Up In Vienna
- Food Education: Counting Colors Instead Of Calories
- Mira’s Young Chefs - Hands-on, Educational And Fun Cooking Classes
- What Do You Mean, “Whole Foods – The Store?”
- Hong Kong’s Food Education Program – Think.Cook.Save.
- Manifesto For Pupils' Snack In Romania
- November’s Monthly Challenges
- High Protein Snacks That Satisfy
- Halloween Treat - Rocky Road Kill Recipe!