Support The Food Revolution All Year Long!Wed 30 May 2012
Story by Katie Horgan
Did you know that you can support the Food Revolution and stand up for real food all year long with the FREE Food Revolution Giving Assistant?
The Giving Assistant is a simple online tool - a browser app - that makes it effortless to raise money to benefit the Food Revolution, supporting better food education. The best part? There is absolutely no cost to you. That's zip, zero, nada!
Once the Giving Assistant is installed in your browser (available for Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Internet Explorer) here's how it works:
• You buy a cookbook online: Perhaps the Food Revolution has inspired you to learn to cook more meals, so you decide you’d like to a new cookbook from www.amazon.com. When you complete your purchase, a portion of your purchase automatically goes to the Food Revolution campaign.
• You book your summer vacation on Expedia: Summer is nearly here, and you might decide you need a little getaway. You decide to book a trip to Hawaii on www.expedia.com. When you complete your purchase, a portion of your purchase automatically goes to the Food Revolution campaign.
• You buy a movie ticket on Fandango: The Dark Night Rises releases in July. You decide to purchase your movie ticket on www.fandango.com in advance, because you know the movie will be sold out! When you complete your purchase, a portion of your purchase automatically goes to the Food Revolution campaign.
The funds are donated from our online retail parters who pay a commission to drive traffic to their sites. We have hundreds of online partners, such as Amazon, Gap, and BestBuy, and it doesn’t cost you a thing (note that the percentage of your purchase donated to the campaign differs between retail partners).
Join the 3,000 supporters who have installed the Giving Assistant, and download for free today to support better food education!
Have a question about the Giving Assistant? Please don’t hesitate to ask our tech team at firstname.lastname@example.org!
About the author: Katie Horgan is Head of marketing and operations at globalmojo, a runner, health advocate, foodie, and supporter of the Food Revolution!
- Illinois Ambassadors Join Forces On Food Day 2014
- The Dining Room Table As A Nexus For Change
- Inspiring Healthy Change In Oregon For Food Day 2014
- World Food Day 2014
- Popsicles With A Touch Of Pizzazz
- California Thursdays Success Story
- Leading The Food Revolution In Cornwall And Devon
- Win For Nutrition Education In South Florida
- Big Apple Crunch Is Back On Food Day 2014
- Real Food Media Project Launches New Film Library And Contest
- October Monthly Challenges
- Uruguay Establishes New Standards For School Food
- Petit Gourmet Spreads 'Fooducation' In Uruguay
- Rethinking Breakfast And Back-to-School Habits
- Celebrate Food Day On October 24
- Blog Of The Month: Food Day Blog
- Ambassador Of The Month: Real Food In Forbes, Australia
- Los Angeles Community Garden Council
- Childhood Obesity Month Sets Stage For Healthy Schools
- Thought For Food - Tackling The Biggest Issues Facing Our Food