Support The Food Revolution All Year Long!Wed 30 May 2012
Story by Katie Horgan
Did you know that you can support the Food Revolution and stand up for real food all year long with the FREE Food Revolution Giving Assistant?
The Giving Assistant is a simple online tool - a browser app - that makes it effortless to raise money to benefit the Food Revolution, supporting better food education. The best part? There is absolutely no cost to you. That's zip, zero, nada!
Once the Giving Assistant is installed in your browser (available for Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Internet Explorer) here's how it works:
• You buy a cookbook online: Perhaps the Food Revolution has inspired you to learn to cook more meals, so you decide you’d like to a new cookbook from www.amazon.com. When you complete your purchase, a portion of your purchase automatically goes to the Food Revolution campaign.
• You book your summer vacation on Expedia: Summer is nearly here, and you might decide you need a little getaway. You decide to book a trip to Hawaii on www.expedia.com. When you complete your purchase, a portion of your purchase automatically goes to the Food Revolution campaign.
• You buy a movie ticket on Fandango: The Dark Night Rises releases in July. You decide to purchase your movie ticket on www.fandango.com in advance, because you know the movie will be sold out! When you complete your purchase, a portion of your purchase automatically goes to the Food Revolution campaign.
The funds are donated from our online retail parters who pay a commission to drive traffic to their sites. We have hundreds of online partners, such as Amazon, Gap, and BestBuy, and it doesn’t cost you a thing (note that the percentage of your purchase donated to the campaign differs between retail partners).
Join the 3,000 supporters who have installed the Giving Assistant, and download for free today to support better food education!
Have a question about the Giving Assistant? Please don’t hesitate to ask our tech team at firstname.lastname@example.org!
About the author: Katie Horgan is Head of marketing and operations at globalmojo, a runner, health advocate, foodie, and supporter of the Food Revolution!
- Getting Rooted In East Harlem
- Why A 10-year Old Thinks Being Healthy Is Cool
- The Real Food Innovator Awards
- California Legislation Calls For Warning Labels On Soda
- Real Food Media Project Announces Winners
- New School Meal Standards Increase Fruit, Vegetable Consumption
- A Visit From Jamie Oliver & His Mobile Kitchen Big Rig
- March’s Monthly Challenges
- Lessons Learned From Cooking
- The Big Rig Rolls On To Next NorCal Stop
- Coming Up On May 16 - The 3rd Food Revolution Day!
- Food Culture And Education In Japan
- Blog Of The Month: Veggie Desserts
- A Food Revolution Adventure From The US To Europe
- Encouraging Passions To Foster Our Sustainable Food Future
- Paying It Forward For Life
- Cooking Basics – Learning Cooking Skills And So Much More
- Edible Schoolyard New Orleans: Growing A Love Of Food
- Nutrition Provisions In The Farm Bill
- One Moms Mission For A Candy-free School Valentine