TED2012: Food Revolution Day AnnouncedThu 01 Mar 2012
Story by The Food Revolution Team
As TED2012 kicked off at the beginning of the week Jamie tweeted our first public announcement of the inaugural global festival of food events and dinners, Food Revolution Day on May 19th, where we are asking, you, your friends, your family – everyone – to join us in standing up for real food!
Big news!!! We are taking the Food Revolution global. Get involved May 19th http://foodrevolutionday.com thank u #TED
TED2012 is currently happening in Long Beach, California and will continue through to the end of the week. Their annual gathering of great minds is this year focused on the term Full Spectrum, to encompass “the rich use of multiple technologies, formats and approaches for the most powerful possible impact on an audience”. What better opportunity to announce Food Revolution Day!
Jamie won the TED Prize in 2010 – watch his speech – and remains a great supporter of TED and their work, continuing to be a part of their conversation to engage the most innovative minds around today’s big issues.
The TED2012 Experience Includes:
• A four-day stage program featuring TED's famous 18-minute talks, plus music, comedy, dance, short talks, video and other surprises.
• TED University: Three sessions where TEDsters share their own expertise, from "How to negotiate a term sheet" to "How to break a board with your bare hands."
• Evening events, art exhibits, tech demos, test drives, and other immersive on-site experiences.
• Caffeine-fueled conversation breaks between sessions. Check out Coffee Common here.
• Social Spaces, where you can watch TED in an informal setting - on couches, beds, beanbag chairs; while blogging, tweeting, eating, networking.
• The TED Gift Bag & TED Book Club mailings.
• Online tools for connecting with other attendees, before and after the conference.
Find out more about Food Revolution Day and what’s happening on May 19th here.
The Food Revolution Team
- A Family In Fresno Meets The Big Rig
- The Food Revolution Pittsburgh Cooking Club: Year One
- Propelling A School Food Revolution!
- December’s Monthly Challenges
- School Food And Policy In The U.S.
- Jamie's Foundation In America And It's Global Impact
- #FoodRevThanks And Gratitude
- Change Is Happening In Pittsburgh!
- Meet Our Malaysian Food Hero
- Blog Of The Month: The Wednesday Chef
- Cooking Up Change In Fresno
- Food Revolution Shake Up In Vienna
- Food Education: Counting Colors Instead Of Calories
- Mira’s Young Chefs - Hands-on, Educational And Fun Cooking Classes
- What Do You Mean, “Whole Foods – The Store?”
- Hong Kong’s Food Education Program – Think.Cook.Save.
- Manifesto For Pupils' Snack In Romania
- November’s Monthly Challenges
- High Protein Snacks That Satisfy
- Halloween Treat - Rocky Road Kill Recipe!