TED2012: Food Revolution Day AnnouncedThu 01 Mar 2012
Story by The Food Revolution Team
As TED2012 kicked off at the beginning of the week Jamie tweeted our first public announcement of the inaugural global festival of food events and dinners, Food Revolution Day on May 19th, where we are asking, you, your friends, your family – everyone – to join us in standing up for real food!
Big news!!! We are taking the Food Revolution global. Get involved May 19th http://foodrevolutionday.com thank u #TED
TED2012 is currently happening in Long Beach, California and will continue through to the end of the week. Their annual gathering of great minds is this year focused on the term Full Spectrum, to encompass “the rich use of multiple technologies, formats and approaches for the most powerful possible impact on an audience”. What better opportunity to announce Food Revolution Day!
Jamie won the TED Prize in 2010 – watch his speech – and remains a great supporter of TED and their work, continuing to be a part of their conversation to engage the most innovative minds around today’s big issues.
The TED2012 Experience Includes:
• A four-day stage program featuring TED's famous 18-minute talks, plus music, comedy, dance, short talks, video and other surprises.
• TED University: Three sessions where TEDsters share their own expertise, from "How to negotiate a term sheet" to "How to break a board with your bare hands."
• Evening events, art exhibits, tech demos, test drives, and other immersive on-site experiences.
• Caffeine-fueled conversation breaks between sessions. Check out Coffee Common here.
• Social Spaces, where you can watch TED in an informal setting - on couches, beds, beanbag chairs; while blogging, tweeting, eating, networking.
• The TED Gift Bag & TED Book Club mailings.
• Online tools for connecting with other attendees, before and after the conference.
Find out more about Food Revolution Day and what’s happening on May 19th here.
The Food Revolution Team
- The 3rd Annual SWAT Cook-Off 2014
- Chinese-Processed Chicken In School Meals
- How Scholarships For Groceries Aim To Impact Food Deserts
- Common Threads' World Festival
- Calling All Moms, Parents, Advocates!
- The Cycle Of Giving
- What Does The Food Movement Mean To You?
- Food Revolution Day - Let's Get Kids Excited About Food
- Breathing Energy And Life Into Real Food And Education
- The Big Rig Comes To The City Of Angels
- Feed Me Dearly: The Power Of Good Food
- Empowering High Schoolers To Make Better Food Choices
- April’s Monthly Challenges
- The Global Food Revolution Continues
- Eating To Live
- Quality Time On The Mobile Teaching Big Rig
- Fast Food Advertising: It’s Time To Start Paying Attention
- Food Revolution Pittsburgh Cooking Club: Fancy Water
- How The Circus Turned My Picky Eater Into A Food Lover
- Getting Rooted In East Harlem