TED2012: Food Revolution Day AnnouncedThu 01 Mar 2012
Story by The Food Revolution Team
As TED2012 kicked off at the beginning of the week Jamie tweeted our first public announcement of the inaugural global festival of food events and dinners, Food Revolution Day on May 19th, where we are asking, you, your friends, your family – everyone – to join us in standing up for real food!
Big news!!! We are taking the Food Revolution global. Get involved May 19th http://foodrevolutionday.com thank u #TED
TED2012 is currently happening in Long Beach, California and will continue through to the end of the week. Their annual gathering of great minds is this year focused on the term Full Spectrum, to encompass “the rich use of multiple technologies, formats and approaches for the most powerful possible impact on an audience”. What better opportunity to announce Food Revolution Day!
Jamie won the TED Prize in 2010 – watch his speech – and remains a great supporter of TED and their work, continuing to be a part of their conversation to engage the most innovative minds around today’s big issues.
The TED2012 Experience Includes:
• A four-day stage program featuring TED's famous 18-minute talks, plus music, comedy, dance, short talks, video and other surprises.
• TED University: Three sessions where TEDsters share their own expertise, from "How to negotiate a term sheet" to "How to break a board with your bare hands."
• Evening events, art exhibits, tech demos, test drives, and other immersive on-site experiences.
• Caffeine-fueled conversation breaks between sessions. Check out Coffee Common here.
• Social Spaces, where you can watch TED in an informal setting - on couches, beds, beanbag chairs; while blogging, tweeting, eating, networking.
• The TED Gift Bag & TED Book Club mailings.
• Online tools for connecting with other attendees, before and after the conference.
Find out more about Food Revolution Day and what’s happening on May 19th here.
The Food Revolution Team
- August Monthly Challenges
- 100 Days Of Real Food – Still Going Strong
- Blog Of The Month: Top With Cinnamon
- Seasons Of Seafood Education And Dinner Series
- Smart Snacks Q&A
- Ambassador Of The Month: Teaching Life Changing Skills In LA
- Discovering Real Food
- Food Revolution Ambassadors Go Alfresco!
- Ambassador Recipes: Eating Real For Less #2
- Ambassador Recipes: Eating Real For Less #1
- A Student Led Cafeteria Revolution In Ontario
- How Poetry Changes The Conversation About Type 2 Diabetes
- August Monthly Challenges
- Real Food And Conscious Living In Bend, Oregon
- Eat. Live. Travel. Write: Inspiring A Love Of Cooking Through Words
- Why Do You Eat Real?
- "If You Can Imagine It, You Can Achieve It!"
- Global Food Initiative
- London Flagship Food Boroughs – Tackling Obesity
- Breakfast: A Most Treasured Meal Of The Day