TEDxManhattan Changing The Way We EatMon 11 Feb 2013
Story by The Food Revolution Team
TEDxManhattan is an independently organized TED event devoted to "changing the way we eat".
On February 16 2013, the 3rd annual TEDxManhattan event will be taking place in New York City with a line-up of incredible speakers, including Food Revolution hero and renegade lunch lady Chef Ann Cooper, and sustainable food activist Anna Lappe! See the full list of speakers here.
Informing, Educating and Empowering
TEDxManhattan is a full day of talks broken into three sessions—Inform, Educate, and Empower — exploring the state of our food system and our progress toward sustainability. The upcoming conference will build on what was covered in the 2012 and 2011 talks.
Every year, people around the world who are interested in and care about the real food movement and ‘changing the way we eat’ join TEDxManhattan via a live webcast for a day of food, talks and thoughts. If you’re interested in tuning in you’ll be able to do so at www.livestream.com/tedx on February 16.
TEDxManhattan are also encouraging individuals, groups, and organizations to host viewing parties of the event. There’s no fee associated with hosting an official viewing party, just compliance with TED’s rules - viewing parties must be free of charge to an audience of up to 100 people, show the webcast free of any advertising or promotion for sponsors, and follow TED’s guidelines regarding commercial and non-commercial venues. Visit this website to download the complete list of rules and webcast specifications.
If you’d like to find out more about how to host a viewing party for TEDxManhattan
2013, you can contact Jane, Viewing Party Coordinator, at email@example.com.
Alternatively you can visit this map to find a viewing party to join in your area.
Join the Conversation Online
Whether you’re tuning in to watch some alone, or hosting an official viewing party you can also join the conversation online! Simply follow the hash tag #TEDxMan to share your thoughts and views, and connect with thousands of others across the world.
Jamie’s TED Prize
Back in 2010, Jamie was awarded the TED prize for his wish "To create a strong, sustainable movement to educate every child about food, inspire families to cook again and empower people everywhere to fight obesity."
Find out more and watch Jamie’s TED speech here.
The Food Revolution Team
Images: Taken from TEDxManhattan Flickr
- The Real Food Innovator Awards
- California Legislation Calls For Warning Labels On Soda
- Real Food Media Project Announces Winners
- New School Meal Standards Increase Fruit, Vegetable Consumption
- A Visit From Jamie Oliver & His Mobile Kitchen Big Rig
- March’s Monthly Challenges
- Lessons Learned From Cooking
- The Big Rig Rolls On To Next NorCal Stop
- Coming Up On May 16 - The 3rd Food Revolution Day!
- Food Culture And Education In Japan
- Blog Of The Month: Veggie Desserts
- A Food Revolution Adventure From The US To Europe
- Encouraging Passions To Foster Our Sustainable Food Future
- Paying It Forward For Life
- Cooking Basics – Learning Cooking Skills And So Much More
- Edible Schoolyard New Orleans: Growing A Love Of Food
- Nutrition Provisions In The Farm Bill
- One Moms Mission For A Candy-free School Valentine
- Join In On The Fun At The Kids Food Festival
- A Naturally Sweet School Valentine's Day