TEDxManhattan Changing The Way We EatMon 11 Feb 2013
Story by The Food Revolution Team
TEDxManhattan is an independently organized TED event devoted to "changing the way we eat".
On February 16 2013, the 3rd annual TEDxManhattan event will be taking place in New York City with a line-up of incredible speakers, including Food Revolution hero and renegade lunch lady Chef Ann Cooper, and sustainable food activist Anna Lappe! See the full list of speakers here.
Informing, Educating and Empowering
TEDxManhattan is a full day of talks broken into three sessions—Inform, Educate, and Empower — exploring the state of our food system and our progress toward sustainability. The upcoming conference will build on what was covered in the 2012 and 2011 talks.
Every year, people around the world who are interested in and care about the real food movement and ‘changing the way we eat’ join TEDxManhattan via a live webcast for a day of food, talks and thoughts. If you’re interested in tuning in you’ll be able to do so at www.livestream.com/tedx on February 16.
TEDxManhattan are also encouraging individuals, groups, and organizations to host viewing parties of the event. There’s no fee associated with hosting an official viewing party, just compliance with TED’s rules - viewing parties must be free of charge to an audience of up to 100 people, show the webcast free of any advertising or promotion for sponsors, and follow TED’s guidelines regarding commercial and non-commercial venues. Visit this website to download the complete list of rules and webcast specifications.
If you’d like to find out more about how to host a viewing party for TEDxManhattan
2013, you can contact Jane, Viewing Party Coordinator, at email@example.com.
Alternatively you can visit this map to find a viewing party to join in your area.
Join the Conversation Online
Whether you’re tuning in to watch some alone, or hosting an official viewing party you can also join the conversation online! Simply follow the hash tag #TEDxMan to share your thoughts and views, and connect with thousands of others across the world.
Jamie’s TED Prize
Back in 2010, Jamie was awarded the TED prize for his wish "To create a strong, sustainable movement to educate every child about food, inspire families to cook again and empower people everywhere to fight obesity."
Find out more and watch Jamie’s TED speech here.
The Food Revolution Team
Images: Taken from TEDxManhattan Flickr
- The 52 New Foods Challenge: Easy Soup Recipes
- Food Revolution Toronto: Teamwork For A Common Goal
- Easy Holiday No Bake Desserts
- December 2014 Monthly Challenges
- The US School Food Fight: An Update
- Blog Of The Month: The 52 New Foods Challenge
- Ambassador Of The Month: Getting Kids Excited To Cook
- The UK School Food Plan - Year One
- Cooking Studio Brings Food Education To Taiwan
- Thanksgiving Leftovers For Breakfast
- Thanksgiving Food Traditions
- Eating Real For The Holidays
- LAUSD: Smarter Lunchrooms
- Five Healthy Snack Ideas For Your Holiday Table
- Berkeley Passes Soda Tax
- Diaries From The Chicago Food Day 2014
- The Revolution Is Just Beginning
- RUSD Revolutionizes Children's Eating Behaviors
- Reinventing School Lunches In Chestnut Hill
- World Diabetes Day – ‘Off To The Right Start’