TEDxManhattan "Changing The Way We Eat"Mon 10 Feb 2014
Story by Jamie Oliver Food Foundation (USA)
On March 1, 2014, TEDxManhattan "Changing the Way We Eat" will once again feature a dynamic and diverse group of community and industry experts who will address issues in the sustainable food and farming movement during their live streamed one-day event.
As in previous years, TEDxManhattan will help bring ideas and information to a wider audience, promoting innovative work being done by groups, large and small, for-profit and nonprofit, from around the country.
The growing list of speakers includes the following luminaries who are shaping the sustainable food movement:
∑ David Binkle, Director of Food Services, Los Angeles Unified School District
∑ Tom Colicchio, Chef/Owner, Craft Restaurants; Head Judge, ďTop ChefĒ
∑ Nikki Henderson, Executive Director, Green for All
∑ Myra Goodman, Co-Founder, Earthbound Farm
∑ Congresswoman Chellie Pingree, US House of Representatives (Maine)
∑ Saru Jayaraman, Co-Founder and Co-Director, Restaurant Opportunities Centers United
∑ Peggy Neu, President, The Monday Campaigns
∑ Matthew Moore, Farmer and Artist, The Digital Farm Collective
∑ Clint Smith, Educator and Poet
∑ Michael Rozyne, Executive Director, Red Tomato
The conference will be webcast live from New York City (10:30 AM - 6:30 PM EST) to provide access to viewers worldwide. Individuals, groups, and organizations are also encouraged to host viewing parties of the event. Please consider hosting a party and rallying your members and supporters to watch the talks and tackle the issues of your local food system!
TEDx viewing parties must be free of charge to an audience of up to 100 people, show the webcast free of any advertising or promotion for sponsors, and follow TEDís guidelines regarding commercial and non-commercial venues. Though the conference is best viewed in its entirety, viewing parties in different time zones and hosts facing other scheduling issues may show just one or two sessions and still register as an official viewing party for TEDxManhattan. Visit the TEDxManhattan website to download a complete list of rules and webcast specifications.
If you're interested in hosting a viewing party, please fill out the registration form and get your party on the map.
If you canít host a viewing party but would like to watch on your computer, sign up for an email reminder so you donít forget! http://bit.ly/1il5LQE
Thanks for your support of the food movement!
- Illinois Ambassadors Join Forces On Food Day 2014
- The Dining Room Table As A Nexus For Change
- Inspiring Healthy Change In Oregon For Food Day 2014
- World Food Day 2014
- Popsicles With A Touch Of Pizzazz
- California Thursdays Success Story
- Leading The Food Revolution In Cornwall And Devon
- Win For Nutrition Education In South Florida
- Big Apple Crunch Is Back On Food Day 2014
- Real Food Media Project Launches New Film Library And Contest
- October Monthly Challenges
- Uruguay Establishes New Standards For School Food
- Petit Gourmet Spreads 'Fooducation' In Uruguay
- Rethinking Breakfast And Back-to-School Habits
- Celebrate Food Day On October 24
- Blog Of The Month: Food Day Blog
- Ambassador Of The Month: Real Food In Forbes, Australia
- Los Angeles Community Garden Council
- Childhood Obesity Month Sets Stage For Healthy Schools
- Thought For Food - Tackling The Biggest Issues Facing Our Food