TEDxManhattan "Changing The Way We Eat"Mon 10 Feb 2014
Story by Jamie Oliver Food Foundation (USA)
On March 1, 2014, TEDxManhattan "Changing the Way We Eat" will once again feature a dynamic and diverse group of community and industry experts who will address issues in the sustainable food and farming movement during their live streamed one-day event.
As in previous years, TEDxManhattan will help bring ideas and information to a wider audience, promoting innovative work being done by groups, large and small, for-profit and nonprofit, from around the country.
The growing list of speakers includes the following luminaries who are shaping the sustainable food movement:
· David Binkle, Director of Food Services, Los Angeles Unified School District
· Tom Colicchio, Chef/Owner, Craft Restaurants; Head Judge, “Top Chef”
· Nikki Henderson, Executive Director, Green for All
· Myra Goodman, Co-Founder, Earthbound Farm
· Congresswoman Chellie Pingree, US House of Representatives (Maine)
· Saru Jayaraman, Co-Founder and Co-Director, Restaurant Opportunities Centers United
· Peggy Neu, President, The Monday Campaigns
· Matthew Moore, Farmer and Artist, The Digital Farm Collective
· Clint Smith, Educator and Poet
· Michael Rozyne, Executive Director, Red Tomato
The conference will be webcast live from New York City (10:30 AM - 6:30 PM EST) to provide access to viewers worldwide. Individuals, groups, and organizations are also encouraged to host viewing parties of the event. Please consider hosting a party and rallying your members and supporters to watch the talks and tackle the issues of your local food system!
TEDx viewing parties must be free of charge to an audience of up to 100 people, show the webcast free of any advertising or promotion for sponsors, and follow TED’s guidelines regarding commercial and non-commercial venues. Though the conference is best viewed in its entirety, viewing parties in different time zones and hosts facing other scheduling issues may show just one or two sessions and still register as an official viewing party for TEDxManhattan. Visit the TEDxManhattan website to download a complete list of rules and webcast specifications.
If you're interested in hosting a viewing party, please fill out the registration form and get your party on the map.
If you can’t host a viewing party but would like to watch on your computer, sign up for an email reminder so you don’t forget! http://bit.ly/1il5LQE
Thanks for your support of the food movement!
- Why A 10-year Old Thinks Being Healthy Is Cool
- The Real Food Innovator Awards
- California Legislation Calls For Warning Labels On Soda
- Real Food Media Project Announces Winners
- New School Meal Standards Increase Fruit, Vegetable Consumption
- A Visit From Jamie Oliver & His Mobile Kitchen Big Rig
- March’s Monthly Challenges
- Lessons Learned From Cooking
- The Big Rig Rolls On To Next NorCal Stop
- Coming Up On May 16 - The 3rd Food Revolution Day!
- Food Culture And Education In Japan
- Blog Of The Month: Veggie Desserts
- A Food Revolution Adventure From The US To Europe
- Encouraging Passions To Foster Our Sustainable Food Future
- Paying It Forward For Life
- Cooking Basics – Learning Cooking Skills And So Much More
- Edible Schoolyard New Orleans: Growing A Love Of Food
- Nutrition Provisions In The Farm Bill
- One Moms Mission For A Candy-free School Valentine
- Join In On The Fun At The Kids Food Festival