TEDxManhattan "Changing The Way We Eat"Mon 10 Feb 2014
Story by Jamie Oliver Food Foundation (USA)
On March 1, 2014, TEDxManhattan "Changing the Way We Eat" will once again feature a dynamic and diverse group of community and industry experts who will address issues in the sustainable food and farming movement during their live streamed one-day event.
As in previous years, TEDxManhattan will help bring ideas and information to a wider audience, promoting innovative work being done by groups, large and small, for-profit and nonprofit, from around the country.
The growing list of speakers includes the following luminaries who are shaping the sustainable food movement:
∑ David Binkle, Director of Food Services, Los Angeles Unified School District
∑ Tom Colicchio, Chef/Owner, Craft Restaurants; Head Judge, ďTop ChefĒ
∑ Nikki Henderson, Executive Director, Green for All
∑ Myra Goodman, Co-Founder, Earthbound Farm
∑ Congresswoman Chellie Pingree, US House of Representatives (Maine)
∑ Saru Jayaraman, Co-Founder and Co-Director, Restaurant Opportunities Centers United
∑ Peggy Neu, President, The Monday Campaigns
∑ Matthew Moore, Farmer and Artist, The Digital Farm Collective
∑ Clint Smith, Educator and Poet
∑ Michael Rozyne, Executive Director, Red Tomato
The conference will be webcast live from New York City (10:30 AM - 6:30 PM EST) to provide access to viewers worldwide. Individuals, groups, and organizations are also encouraged to host viewing parties of the event. Please consider hosting a party and rallying your members and supporters to watch the talks and tackle the issues of your local food system!
TEDx viewing parties must be free of charge to an audience of up to 100 people, show the webcast free of any advertising or promotion for sponsors, and follow TEDís guidelines regarding commercial and non-commercial venues. Though the conference is best viewed in its entirety, viewing parties in different time zones and hosts facing other scheduling issues may show just one or two sessions and still register as an official viewing party for TEDxManhattan. Visit the TEDxManhattan website to download a complete list of rules and webcast specifications.
If you're interested in hosting a viewing party, please fill out the registration form and get your party on the map.
If you canít host a viewing party but would like to watch on your computer, sign up for an email reminder so you donít forget! http://bit.ly/1il5LQE
Thanks for your support of the food movement!
- The 3rd Annual SWAT Cook-Off 2014
- Chinese-Processed Chicken In School Meals
- How Scholarships For Groceries Aim To Impact Food Deserts
- Common Threads' World Festival
- Calling All Moms, Parents, Advocates!
- The Cycle Of Giving
- What Does The Food Movement Mean To You?
- Food Revolution Day - Let's Get Kids Excited About Food
- Breathing Energy And Life Into Real Food And Education
- The Big Rig Comes To The City Of Angels
- Feed Me Dearly: The Power Of Good Food
- Empowering High Schoolers To Make Better Food Choices
- Aprilís Monthly Challenges
- The Global Food Revolution Continues
- Eating To Live
- Quality Time On The Mobile Teaching Big Rig
- Fast Food Advertising: Itís Time To Start Paying Attention
- Food Revolution Pittsburgh Cooking Club: Fancy Water
- How The Circus Turned My Picky Eater Into A Food Lover
- Getting Rooted In East Harlem