The First #FoodRevParty Of 2012!Fri 06 Jan 2012
Story by The Food Revolution Team
The New Year is here and with it comes a new batch of Food Revolution parties! To celebrate the first one of the 2012, we gathered on twitter with lots of our online revolutionaries, had a quick catch up on holiday festivities before getting down to business and discussing the highlights on the Food Revolution in 2011 and what everyone has planned for 2012!
Twitter Party: Tuesday January 3rd 2012, 4pm PST/7pm EST
What was the best part of the #foodrevolution for you in 2011?
@bartletthealth @FoodRevTeam making my middle school students aware of @jamieoliver's #FoodRevolution
@HealthyVending @FoodRevTeam Seeing the #foodrevolution active in our local community, Long Beach, CA, was a highlight! #foodrevparty
@kpswagger Utilizing healthier recipes. #FoodRevPARTY, foodrevolution
@1000plusone @FoodRevTeam people taking interest in changing the way we look at food #foodrevparty
@JaimeMorlin I got a seat on the school districts Health Advisory Committee! #foodrevparty
@Lunchalicious @FoodRevTeam Best part of 2011 #Foodrevolution....learning and sharing with other likeminded folks right here at the #foodrevparty
@EnrichLA @FoodRevTeam just this year we have installed 19 #schoolgardens where students grow/cook/eat food and learn about nutrition!
Amazing stories from 2011 folks!
What will your focus be for 2012?
@JollyTomato @FoodRevTeam Goal for 2012 - getting sugar cereals off the snack list for my kid's after-school program #foodrevparty #foodrevolution
@lanaprekprogram Goal for 2012- focus more on gardening. Try to get more people to our community garden... #foodrevparty
@bartletthealth @FoodRevTeam Focus on continuing dialogue about school lunch at work; promote healthy eating with my roommate on our blog. #FoodRevParty
@HealthyVending @FoodRevTeam On the docket 4 2012: local activism & focusing on psychological aspect of health in reversing #childhoodobesity #foodrevparty
@1000plusone @FoodRevTeam I want to focus on involving other parents in #FoodRevolution in 2012 #foodrevparty
@Lunchalicious 2012 goals: Start a Health & Wellness Committee at school, plant school garden & teach healthy eating to elementary students.
@JaimeMorlin 2012 goal is to get rid of flavored milk in our school district
@crunchacolor Yes! A new food each week. 52 wks, 52 foods. #foodrevparty
@spchronicles want to do more farm trips with our kids this year. Hard to keep city kids connected to where food is from. #foodrevparty
@ChristysChomp Goal: eat local & sustainable most of the week & encourage my patients 2 do the same! #foodrevparty
It was amazing to hear so many amazing goals for the year ahead, be sure to keep checking in and letting us know how you are getting on!
We’ve got lots of toolkits and support tools available on our website which you can download and use to help you achieve these goals over the next year. Don’t forget to check out all of our amazing heroes and professionals to find out how they made changes in their own communities too.
Join next week’s #foodrevparty on Tues January 10th at 7pm PST/10pm EST with guest host @TheOrganicTrail.
Thanks to everyone who attended the party and shared their amazing ideas and aims for the year ahead, here’s to the Food Revolution in 2012!
The Food Revolution Team
- Getting Rooted In East Harlem
- Why A 10-year Old Thinks Being Healthy Is Cool
- The Real Food Innovator Awards
- California Legislation Calls For Warning Labels On Soda
- Real Food Media Project Announces Winners
- New School Meal Standards Increase Fruit, Vegetable Consumption
- A Visit From Jamie Oliver & His Mobile Kitchen Big Rig
- March’s Monthly Challenges
- Lessons Learned From Cooking
- The Big Rig Rolls On To Next NorCal Stop
- Coming Up On May 16 - The 3rd Food Revolution Day!
- Food Culture And Education In Japan
- Blog Of The Month: Veggie Desserts
- A Food Revolution Adventure From The US To Europe
- Encouraging Passions To Foster Our Sustainable Food Future
- Paying It Forward For Life
- Cooking Basics – Learning Cooking Skills And So Much More
- Edible Schoolyard New Orleans: Growing A Love Of Food
- Nutrition Provisions In The Farm Bill
- One Moms Mission For A Candy-free School Valentine