The Food Revolution Is Growing, Join Us!Thu 23 Jun 2011
Story by The Food Revolution Team
With Season 2 of Jamie Oliver’s Food Revolution in LA coming to a close this Friday - Episode 6, the finale at 9/8c on ABC – we’ve been taking a look back at the last 6 months as we plan for the next. The show may be ending but the campaign goes on! This is our round up of where we’re at and what you can look forward to.
• Over 700,000 people have signed the petition, help us reach 1 million!
• Over 80,000 followers on Facebook Food Revolution Community - join our weekly cook offs.
• Nearly 10,000 followers on FoodRevTeam Twitter – join for the latest comps and party details.
• Over 500 activist groups in the U.S, at least one in every state – search the map.
• Over 25,000 signed our USDA petition
• Over 50,000 have joined our sugary milk campaign
• Flavored Milk banned in the LAUSD Sign our sugary milk campaign to show your support and to get the latest on our campaign to bring back real white milk in schools plus watch out for details on the next Milk Day of Action in the fall.
2011 so far…
Jamie moved out to LA with the whole family at the beginning of the year to film season 2 of the Food Revolution. It was a tough process constantly coming up against the authorities but it’s proved that we need a Food Revolution and that together, we can bring about positive change.
We launched the brand new website at TED 2011 and the same time we updated our Facebook Food Revolution Community page and set up the FoodRevTeam Twitter Account to better serve the community and start up daily dialogue around the Food Revolution.
One of our great achievement s over the past six months has been the development of our Food Revolution groups. Check out our Bing Activists Map. We now have Food Revolution groups in every state! These groups are starting their own grassroots Food Revolution movement locally, with our support, and making the revolution their own. Check out the map to find a local group.
We are also building the concept of a chef’s council, calling all chefs to create or join a local group and act as food champions locally. Chefs have a great skill set that to share and can help local communities, join us!
Our successful first Milk Day of Action on June 9th saw over 300 leaders participating. Nationally, we now have over 52,000 signups on our sugary milk campaign. This closes in a few weeks time as we then prepare for stage 2 of our flavored milk attack in the fall so make sure you sign now to stay up to date!
We have other exciting projects including the Food Revolution Truck, Food Revolution Kitchens and Cooking & Company programme. We look forward to sharing more with you over the next 6 months, hearing about your Food Revolution and supporting our growing community!
We salute you!
The Food Revolution Team
- Inspiring Healthy Change In Oregon For Food Day 2014
- World Food Day 2014
- Popsicles With A Touch Of Pizzazz
- California Thursdays Success Story
- Leading The Food Revolution In Cornwall And Devon
- Win For Nutrition Education In South Florida
- Big Apple Crunch Is Back On Food Day 2014
- Real Food Media Project Launches New Film Library And Contest
- October Monthly Challenges
- Uruguay Establishes New Standards For School Food
- Petit Gourmet Spreads 'Fooducation' In Uruguay
- Rethinking Breakfast And Back-to-School Habits
- Celebrate Food Day On October 24
- Blog Of The Month: Food Day Blog
- Ambassador Of The Month: Real Food In Forbes, Australia
- Los Angeles Community Garden Council
- Childhood Obesity Month Sets Stage For Healthy Schools
- Thought For Food - Tackling The Biggest Issues Facing Our Food
- Top Tips For Food Education
- Happy Food Literacy Month California!