The #FRD2014 Countdown Is On!Thu 01 May 2014
Story by Jamie Oliver Food Foundation (USA)
As we head into May the countdown to the 3rd Food Revolution Day on May 16 is really on!
Just 15 days away, Food Revolution Day is sure to be bigger and better than ever before and there are already 80 countries registered to join the fun with over 79,000 participants worldwide!
Have you made plans for a Food Revolution Day event? Be sure to add your plans, location and number of participants to our global map by selecting ‘SIGN UP’.
Don’t forget to share your ideas with us on social media and tell everyone to get cooking from scratch with the hashtag #FRD2014.
Still not sure what to do on May 16? Check out what some of our ambassadors have got planned for the day on our official Food Revolution Day blog.
Let’s Get Kids “Food Smart”
This year, Food Revolution Day focuses on getting kids excited about cooking and making them food smart, and on the big day, Jamie will be leading a 30-minute cooking lesson featuring our Rainbow Salad Wrap recipe. Find out all about this and how you can get involved whether by registering your school or by joining the cooking lesson at home, work or in the community here. Our goal is to get more than one million kids cooking across the world!
There are lots of other ways to get involved too, wherever you’ll be celebrating the day, so check out our FRD2014 recipes and free resources to support your event, no matter how big or small!
Finally, check out the latest Food Revolution Day video and see why Jamie needs to get his kitchen in order by May 16...
Here’s to a great global celebration on May 16, we can’t wait to see your #FRD2014 activities come to life!
- Childhood Obesity Month Sets Stage For Healthy Schools
- Thought For Food - Tackling The Biggest Issues Facing Our Food
- Top Tips For Food Education
- Happy Food Literacy Month California!
- The Mount Desert Island Hospital Food Revolution Heats Up
- Big Changes In UK School Food
- More Outdoor Dining Moments From Across The Globe
- September Monthly Challenges
- 100 Days Of Real Food – Still Going Strong
- Blog Of The Month: Top With Cinnamon
- Seasons Of Seafood Education And Dinner Series
- Smart Snacks Q&A
- Ambassador Of The Month: Teaching Life Changing Skills In LA
- Discovering Real Food
- Food Revolution Ambassadors Go Alfresco!
- Ambassador Recipes: Eating Real For Less #2
- Ambassador Recipes: Eating Real For Less #1
- A Student Led Cafeteria Revolution In Ontario
- How Poetry Changes The Conversation About Type 2 Diabetes
- August Monthly Challenges