The #FRD2014 Countdown Is On!Thu 01 May 2014
Story by Jamie Oliver Food Foundation (USA)
As we head into May the countdown to the 3rd Food Revolution Day on May 16 is really on!
Just 15 days away, Food Revolution Day is sure to be bigger and better than ever before and there are already 80 countries registered to join the fun with over 79,000 participants worldwide!
Have you made plans for a Food Revolution Day event? Be sure to add your plans, location and number of participants to our global map by selecting ‘SIGN UP’.
Don’t forget to share your ideas with us on social media and tell everyone to get cooking from scratch with the hashtag #FRD2014.
Still not sure what to do on May 16? Check out what some of our ambassadors have got planned for the day on our official Food Revolution Day blog.
Let’s Get Kids “Food Smart”
This year, Food Revolution Day focuses on getting kids excited about cooking and making them food smart, and on the big day, Jamie will be leading a 30-minute cooking lesson featuring our Rainbow Salad Wrap recipe. Find out all about this and how you can get involved whether by registering your school or by joining the cooking lesson at home, work or in the community here. Our goal is to get more than one million kids cooking across the world!
There are lots of other ways to get involved too, wherever you’ll be celebrating the day, so check out our FRD2014 recipes and free resources to support your event, no matter how big or small!
Finally, check out the latest Food Revolution Day video and see why Jamie needs to get his kitchen in order by May 16...
Here’s to a great global celebration on May 16, we can’t wait to see your #FRD2014 activities come to life!
- The US School Food Fight: An Update
- Blog Of The Month: The 52 New Foods Challenge
- Ambassador Of The Month: Getting Kids Excited To Cook
- The UK School Food Plan - Year One
- Cooking Studio Brings Food Education To Taiwan
- Thanksgiving Leftovers For Breakfast
- Thanksgiving Food Traditions
- Eating Real For The Holidays
- LAUSD: Smarter Lunchrooms
- Five Healthy Snack Ideas For Your Holiday Table
- Berkeley Passes Soda Tax
- Diaries From The Chicago Food Day 2014
- The Revolution Is Just Beginning
- RUSD Revolutionizes Children's Eating Behaviors
- Reinventing School Lunches In Chestnut Hill
- World Diabetes Day – ‘Off To The Right Start’
- Five New Side Dishes For Your Holiday Table
- Good Food Org Guide Lists Jamie Oliver Food Foundation
- The 52 New Foods Challenge
- Jamie Calls For An 'ambush' In Food Education Fight