The Greatist - 100 Most Influential People In HealthWed 08 Jan 2014
Story by The Jamie Oliver Food Foundation (USA)
On January 6th, the Greatist released their list of the ‘100 Most Influential People in Health and Fitness’ - the most influential figures in fitness, health, and happiness this year - listing Jamie Oliver at number 12.
Alongside the likes of thought leaders Mark Bittman, Marion Nestle and Michael Pollan, Jamie was highlighted for his work in food and his efforts to revolutionise the way we think about the food we eat every day.
“Jamie Oliver, The Healthy Change-Making Chef
This British chef first hit the scene as the energetic host of "The Naked Chef" in 1999. In the years following, Oliver capitalized on his fame by opening restaurants and publishing scores of cookbooks (including "Jamie's Food Revolution" and "Cook with Jamie"). Lately, he’s best known as an advocate for healthier cafeteria meals in schools in the U.S. and abroad. Though he’s gotten a bad rap for his in-your-face tenacity, the importance of his philanthropic missions to make people’s lives healthier and happier can't be overstated. He’s trained troubled youths to enter the restaurant business, raised awareness about ethical fishing, created the Jamie Oliver Food Foundation, and received the 2010 TED prize for his many campaigns to create change on both individual and governmental levels. This year and next, Oliver’s foundation is on tour to improve health and spread food education with free training, basic home cooking classes, and recipes.”
See the full list here.
To find out more about the Jamie Oliver Food Foundation (USA) visit www.jamieoliverfoodfoundation.org.
To learn more about the Big Rig mobile kitchen which is teaching essential cooking skills to communities during a state-wide tour of California and to get involved visit www.jamiefoodrevolution.com/bigrig.
Big thanks to the Greatist for their support!
The Jamie Oliver Food Foundation (USA)
- Food Revolution Toronto: Teamwork For A Common Goal
- Easy Holiday No Bake Desserts
- December 2014 Monthly Challenges
- The US School Food Fight: An Update
- Blog Of The Month: The 52 New Foods Challenge
- Ambassador Of The Month: Getting Kids Excited To Cook
- The UK School Food Plan - Year One
- Cooking Studio Brings Food Education To Taiwan
- Thanksgiving Leftovers For Breakfast
- Thanksgiving Food Traditions
- Eating Real For The Holidays
- LAUSD: Smarter Lunchrooms
- Five Healthy Snack Ideas For Your Holiday Table
- Berkeley Passes Soda Tax
- Diaries From The Chicago Food Day 2014
- The Revolution Is Just Beginning
- RUSD Revolutionizes Children's Eating Behaviors
- Reinventing School Lunches In Chestnut Hill
- World Diabetes Day – ‘Off To The Right Start’
- Five New Side Dishes For Your Holiday Table