The Greatist - 100 Most Influential People In HealthWed 08 Jan 2014
Story by The Jamie Oliver Food Foundation (USA)
On January 6th, the Greatist released their list of the ‘100 Most Influential People in Health and Fitness’ - the most influential figures in fitness, health, and happiness this year - listing Jamie Oliver at number 12.
Alongside the likes of thought leaders Mark Bittman, Marion Nestle and Michael Pollan, Jamie was highlighted for his work in food and his efforts to revolutionise the way we think about the food we eat every day.
“Jamie Oliver, The Healthy Change-Making Chef
This British chef first hit the scene as the energetic host of "The Naked Chef" in 1999. In the years following, Oliver capitalized on his fame by opening restaurants and publishing scores of cookbooks (including "Jamie's Food Revolution" and "Cook with Jamie"). Lately, he’s best known as an advocate for healthier cafeteria meals in schools in the U.S. and abroad. Though he’s gotten a bad rap for his in-your-face tenacity, the importance of his philanthropic missions to make people’s lives healthier and happier can't be overstated. He’s trained troubled youths to enter the restaurant business, raised awareness about ethical fishing, created the Jamie Oliver Food Foundation, and received the 2010 TED prize for his many campaigns to create change on both individual and governmental levels. This year and next, Oliver’s foundation is on tour to improve health and spread food education with free training, basic home cooking classes, and recipes.”
See the full list here.
To find out more about the Jamie Oliver Food Foundation (USA) visit www.jamieoliverfoodfoundation.org.
To learn more about the Big Rig mobile kitchen which is teaching essential cooking skills to communities during a state-wide tour of California and to get involved visit www.jamiefoodrevolution.com/bigrig.
Big thanks to the Greatist for their support!
The Jamie Oliver Food Foundation (USA)
- Illinois Ambassadors Join Forces On Food Day 2014
- The Dining Room Table As A Nexus For Change
- Inspiring Healthy Change In Oregon For Food Day 2014
- World Food Day 2014
- Popsicles With A Touch Of Pizzazz
- California Thursdays Success Story
- Leading The Food Revolution In Cornwall And Devon
- Win For Nutrition Education In South Florida
- Big Apple Crunch Is Back On Food Day 2014
- Real Food Media Project Launches New Film Library And Contest
- October Monthly Challenges
- Uruguay Establishes New Standards For School Food
- Petit Gourmet Spreads 'Fooducation' In Uruguay
- Rethinking Breakfast And Back-to-School Habits
- Celebrate Food Day On October 24
- Blog Of The Month: Food Day Blog
- Ambassador Of The Month: Real Food In Forbes, Australia
- Los Angeles Community Garden Council
- Childhood Obesity Month Sets Stage For Healthy Schools
- Thought For Food - Tackling The Biggest Issues Facing Our Food