The Greatist - 100 Most Influential People In HealthWed 08 Jan 2014
Story by The Jamie Oliver Food Foundation (USA)
On January 6th, the Greatist released their list of the ‘100 Most Influential People in Health and Fitness’ - the most influential figures in fitness, health, and happiness this year - listing Jamie Oliver at number 12.
Alongside the likes of thought leaders Mark Bittman, Marion Nestle and Michael Pollan, Jamie was highlighted for his work in food and his efforts to revolutionise the way we think about the food we eat every day.
“Jamie Oliver, The Healthy Change-Making Chef
This British chef first hit the scene as the energetic host of "The Naked Chef" in 1999. In the years following, Oliver capitalized on his fame by opening restaurants and publishing scores of cookbooks (including "Jamie's Food Revolution" and "Cook with Jamie"). Lately, he’s best known as an advocate for healthier cafeteria meals in schools in the U.S. and abroad. Though he’s gotten a bad rap for his in-your-face tenacity, the importance of his philanthropic missions to make people’s lives healthier and happier can't be overstated. He’s trained troubled youths to enter the restaurant business, raised awareness about ethical fishing, created the Jamie Oliver Food Foundation, and received the 2010 TED prize for his many campaigns to create change on both individual and governmental levels. This year and next, Oliver’s foundation is on tour to improve health and spread food education with free training, basic home cooking classes, and recipes.”
See the full list here.
To find out more about the Jamie Oliver Food Foundation (USA) visit www.jamieoliverfoodfoundation.org.
To learn more about the Big Rig mobile kitchen which is teaching essential cooking skills to communities during a state-wide tour of California and to get involved visit www.jamiefoodrevolution.com/bigrig.
Big thanks to the Greatist for their support!
The Jamie Oliver Food Foundation (USA)
- Top Tips For Food Education
- Happy Food Literacy Month California!
- The Mount Desert Island Hospital Food Revolution Heats Up
- Big Changes In UK School Food
- More Outdoor Dining Moments From Across The Globe
- September Monthly Challenges
- 100 Days Of Real Food – Still Going Strong
- Blog Of The Month: Top With Cinnamon
- Seasons Of Seafood Education And Dinner Series
- Smart Snacks Q&A
- Ambassador Of The Month: Teaching Life Changing Skills In LA
- Discovering Real Food
- Food Revolution Ambassadors Go Alfresco!
- Ambassador Recipes: Eating Real For Less #2
- Ambassador Recipes: Eating Real For Less #1
- A Student Led Cafeteria Revolution In Ontario
- How Poetry Changes The Conversation About Type 2 Diabetes
- August Monthly Challenges
- Real Food And Conscious Living In Bend, Oregon
- Eat. Live. Travel. Write: Inspiring A Love Of Cooking Through Words