The Greatist - 100 Most Influential People In HealthWed 08 Jan 2014
Story by The Jamie Oliver Food Foundation (USA)
On January 6th, the Greatist released their list of the Ď100 Most Influential People in Health and Fitnessí - the most influential figures in fitness, health, and happiness this year - listing Jamie Oliver at number 12.
Alongside the likes of thought leaders Mark Bittman, Marion Nestle and Michael Pollan, Jamie was highlighted for his work in food and his efforts to revolutionise the way we think about the food we eat every day.
ďJamie Oliver, The Healthy Change-Making Chef
This British chef first hit the scene as the energetic host of "The Naked Chef" in 1999. In the years following, Oliver capitalized on his fame by opening restaurants and publishing scores of cookbooks (including "Jamie's Food Revolution" and "Cook with Jamie"). Lately, heís best known as an advocate for healthier cafeteria meals in schools in the U.S. and abroad. Though heís gotten a bad rap for his in-your-face tenacity, the importance of his philanthropic missions to make peopleís lives healthier and happier can't be overstated. Heís trained troubled youths to enter the restaurant business, raised awareness about ethical fishing, created the Jamie Oliver Food Foundation, and received the 2010 TED prize for his many campaigns to create change on both individual and governmental levels. This year and next, Oliverís foundation is on tour to improve health and spread food education with free training, basic home cooking classes, and recipes.Ē
See the full list here.
To find out more about the Jamie Oliver Food Foundation (USA) visit www.jamieoliverfoodfoundation.org.
To learn more about the Big Rig mobile kitchen which is teaching essential cooking skills to communities during a state-wide tour of California and to get involved visit www.jamiefoodrevolution.com/bigrig.
Big thanks to the Greatist for their support!
The Jamie Oliver Food Foundation (USA)
- The 3rd Annual SWAT Cook-Off 2014
- Chinese-Processed Chicken In School Meals
- How Scholarships For Groceries Aim To Impact Food Deserts
- Common Threads' World Festival
- Calling All Moms, Parents, Advocates!
- The Cycle Of Giving
- What Does The Food Movement Mean To You?
- Food Revolution Day - Let's Get Kids Excited About Food
- Breathing Energy And Life Into Real Food And Education
- The Big Rig Comes To The City Of Angels
- Feed Me Dearly: The Power Of Good Food
- Empowering High Schoolers To Make Better Food Choices
- Aprilís Monthly Challenges
- The Global Food Revolution Continues
- Eating To Live
- Quality Time On The Mobile Teaching Big Rig
- Fast Food Advertising: Itís Time To Start Paying Attention
- Food Revolution Pittsburgh Cooking Club: Fancy Water
- How The Circus Turned My Picky Eater Into A Food Lover
- Getting Rooted In East Harlem