The Real Food Innovator AwardsFri 07 Mar 2014
Story by Jamie Oliver Food Foundation (USA) Team
The Inaugural REAL Food Innovator Awards Gala, to be held on March 13, 2014, in Washington D.C., will be a night of culinary celebration and recognition, during which nominees and special guests from the food community will unite to award a select group of food innovators that have done their part in a multitude of arenas this year.
A cocktail night, with a delicious 3-course dinner, prepared by special guest Chef Sam Talbot, hosted in the beautiful Whittemore House, will serve as an exciting night of acknowledgment.
There are some notable guests attending this event, including Robert Egger of DC Central Kitchen and LA Kitchen and Seth Goldman of Honest Tea, but all the nominees have done something to distinguish themselves in a given area in the culinary world. The awards are divided into 8 categories: Nutrition Awareness/Disease Prevention, Beverage, Child Nutrition, Food Access, Food Production, Food Marketing, Government Official, and Nonprofit Advocacy.
Nominees this year include Jamie Oliver in Child Nutrition, First Lady Michelle Obama and Mayor Bloomberg in Government Officials, Kelly Meyer, founder of Teaching Gardens also in Child Nutrition and Steve Ells and Monty Moran in Food Marketing (Chipotle). They, along with their fellow nominees, have participated not only actively, but also passionately in their arenas.
This night is hosted by the United States Healthful Food Council, a non-profit, non-government organization; its mission has been to fight diet-related diseases, adjusting the industry’s goals so that they accommodate consumer health needs. It aims to support the food service industry while simultaneously looking out for the public’s wellbeing.
Find out more about the night here and stay tuned for the winners!
Jamie Oliver Food Foundation (USA)
- Something For Lunch. Too Much To Ask For Kiwi Kids?
- Dirty Hands Can Lead To Healthy Hearts.
- TEDxManhattan: Changing The Way We Eat
- The 52 New Foods Challenge: Prepare For Success
- Food Truth Chefs Visit Food Literacy Center
- January 2015: New Year, New Challenges
- Making Wellness Happen In Forest Hills, Queens
- The 52 New Foods Challenge: Start The New Year Right
- The 52 New Foods Challenge: Easy Soup Recipes
- Food Revolution Toronto: Teamwork For A Common Goal
- Easy Holiday No Bake Desserts
- December 2014 Monthly Challenges
- The US School Food Fight: An Update
- Blog Of The Month: The 52 New Foods Challenge
- Ambassador Of The Month: Getting Kids Excited To Cook
- The UK School Food Plan - Year One
- Cooking Studio Brings Food Education To Taiwan
- Thanksgiving Leftovers For Breakfast
- Thanksgiving Food Traditions
- Eating Real For The Holidays