The Real Food Innovator AwardsFri 07 Mar 2014
Story by Jamie Oliver Food Foundation (USA) Team
The Inaugural REAL Food Innovator Awards Gala, to be held on March 13, 2014, in Washington D.C., will be a night of culinary celebration and recognition, during which nominees and special guests from the food community will unite to award a select group of food innovators that have done their part in a multitude of arenas this year.
A cocktail night, with a delicious 3-course dinner, prepared by special guest Chef Sam Talbot, hosted in the beautiful Whittemore House, will serve as an exciting night of acknowledgment.
There are some notable guests attending this event, including Robert Egger of DC Central Kitchen and LA Kitchen and Seth Goldman of Honest Tea, but all the nominees have done something to distinguish themselves in a given area in the culinary world. The awards are divided into 8 categories: Nutrition Awareness/Disease Prevention, Beverage, Child Nutrition, Food Access, Food Production, Food Marketing, Government Official, and Nonprofit Advocacy.
Nominees this year include Jamie Oliver in Child Nutrition, First Lady Michelle Obama and Mayor Bloomberg in Government Officials, Kelly Meyer, founder of Teaching Gardens also in Child Nutrition and Steve Ells and Monty Moran in Food Marketing (Chipotle). They, along with their fellow nominees, have participated not only actively, but also passionately in their arenas.
This night is hosted by the United States Healthful Food Council, a non-profit, non-government organization; its mission has been to fight diet-related diseases, adjusting the industry’s goals so that they accommodate consumer health needs. It aims to support the food service industry while simultaneously looking out for the public’s wellbeing.
Find out more about the night here and stay tuned for the winners!
Jamie Oliver Food Foundation (USA)
- Blog Of The Month: Oh, Ladycakes
- Exciting News From The Chef Ann Foundation!
- Ambassador Of The Month: Food Education In Torpoint, UK
- Getting Kids To Eat Real Food, One New Food At A Time
- The Umbrella Movement & The Children Of Hong Kong
- Yummy Supper: Greens And Beans And Baked Eggs
- Yummy Supper: A Vehicle Of Deliciousness
- Berkeley’s Efforts To Pass Measure D, The Soda Tax
- The Crunch Heard 'Round The County
- Illinois Ambassadors Join Forces On Food Day 2014
- The Dining Room Table As A Nexus For Change
- Inspiring Healthy Change In Oregon For Food Day 2014
- World Food Day 2014
- Popsicles With A Touch Of Pizzazz
- California Thursdays Success Story
- Leading The Food Revolution In Cornwall And Devon
- Win For Nutrition Education In South Florida
- Big Apple Crunch Is Back On Food Day 2014
- Real Food Media Project Launches New Film Library And Contest
- October Monthly Challenges