The Real Food Innovator AwardsFri 07 Mar 2014
Story by Jamie Oliver Food Foundation (USA) Team
The Inaugural REAL Food Innovator Awards Gala, to be held on March 13, 2014, in Washington D.C., will be a night of culinary celebration and recognition, during which nominees and special guests from the food community will unite to award a select group of food innovators that have done their part in a multitude of arenas this year.
A cocktail night, with a delicious 3-course dinner, prepared by special guest Chef Sam Talbot, hosted in the beautiful Whittemore House, will serve as an exciting night of acknowledgment.
There are some notable guests attending this event, including Robert Egger of DC Central Kitchen and LA Kitchen and Seth Goldman of Honest Tea, but all the nominees have done something to distinguish themselves in a given area in the culinary world. The awards are divided into 8 categories: Nutrition Awareness/Disease Prevention, Beverage, Child Nutrition, Food Access, Food Production, Food Marketing, Government Official, and Nonprofit Advocacy.
Nominees this year include Jamie Oliver in Child Nutrition, First Lady Michelle Obama and Mayor Bloomberg in Government Officials, Kelly Meyer, founder of Teaching Gardens also in Child Nutrition and Steve Ells and Monty Moran in Food Marketing (Chipotle). They, along with their fellow nominees, have participated not only actively, but also passionately in their arenas.
This night is hosted by the United States Healthful Food Council, a non-profit, non-government organization; its mission has been to fight diet-related diseases, adjusting the industry’s goals so that they accommodate consumer health needs. It aims to support the food service industry while simultaneously looking out for the public’s wellbeing.
Find out more about the night here and stay tuned for the winners!
Jamie Oliver Food Foundation (USA)
- Food Revolution Ambassadors Go Alfresco!
- Ambassador Recipes: Eating Real For Less #2
- Ambassador Recipes: Eating Real For Less #1
- A Student Led Cafeteria Revolution In Ontario
- How Poetry Changes The Conversation About Type 2 Diabetes
- August Monthly Challenges
- Real Food And Conscious Living In Bend, Oregon
- Eat. Live. Travel. Write: Inspiring A Love Of Cooking Through Words
- Why Do You Eat Real?
- "If You Can Imagine It, You Can Achieve It!"
- Global Food Initiative
- London Flagship Food Boroughs – Tackling Obesity
- Breakfast: A Most Treasured Meal Of The Day
- Lifestyle Diseases – A Review Of Actions
- Food Lab Celebrates 30 Years Of Healthy Food Empowerment
- Sparking Change In Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Good And Cheap: Cooking Delicious Meals On A Budget
- July’s Monthly Challenges
- Food Revolution Day 2014 - The Results Are In!
- Ambassador Of The Month: Sándor From Hungary