TheRecipeDiva.com Donates $546 To The Food RevolutionThu 16 Jun 2011
Story by The Food Revolution Team
Throughout the month of May, TheRecipeDiva.com - a global recipe sharing and social networking website for foodies, chefs and cooks – chose to raise awareness and donations for Jamie Oliver’s Food Revolution. Wow, thank you for choosing us TheRecipeDiva.com!
For every new registered user on the site in May, the Recipe Diva pledged to donate $1 to Jamie Oliver’s Food Revolution.
To support their pledge The Recipe Diva reached out to their community through Facebook and Twitter to encourage people to spread the word, attract new users to help raise money for the Food Revolution and encourage current users to sign the Food Revolution petition – the more support we have the more noise we can make around the issues that count! Help us reach a million to keep cooking skills alive and raise awareness around great, fresh food and how important it is to this generation and the next.
The Recipe Diva also showed support for the Food Revolution through highlighting and promoting our recipes - such as our oatmeal raisin cookies, great to make with the kids and for a bake sale - and sharing their own healthy recipes with our Food Revolutionaries. They also encouraged conversations specific to the Food Revolution and participated in our weekly twitter events, joining conversations on healthy living and eating – it is through our partners and supporters, such as TheRecipeDiva.com, that we can build a unified approach to our grassroots movement, reaching broader and wider communities.
The promotion ended on May 31st with a total of 546 new registered users, meaning that the Recipe Diva will be sending donating $546 to Jamie Oliver’s Food Revolution.
We would like to The Recipe Diva for choosing to support the Food Revolution and for their generous donation, we hugely appreciate it, every $1 counts!
If you would like to donate to Jamie’s Food Revolution you can do so here.
The Food Revolution Team
- The US School Food Fight: An Update
- Blog Of The Month: The 52 New Foods Challenge
- Ambassador Of The Month: Getting Kids Excited To Cook
- The UK School Food Plan - Year One
- Cooking Studio Brings Food Education To Taiwan
- Thanksgiving Leftovers For Breakfast
- Thanksgiving Food Traditions
- Eating Real For The Holidays
- LAUSD: Smarter Lunchrooms
- Five Healthy Snack Ideas For Your Holiday Table
- Berkeley Passes Soda Tax
- Diaries From The Chicago Food Day 2014
- The Revolution Is Just Beginning
- RUSD Revolutionizes Children's Eating Behaviors
- Reinventing School Lunches In Chestnut Hill
- World Diabetes Day – ‘Off To The Right Start’
- Five New Side Dishes For Your Holiday Table
- Good Food Org Guide Lists Jamie Oliver Food Foundation
- The 52 New Foods Challenge
- Jamie Calls For An 'ambush' In Food Education Fight