Jamie's Food Revolution - Final EpisodeFri 23 Apr 2010
Story by Danny McCubbin
The final episode of Jamie's Food Revolution airs tonight on the ABC 9pm/8c. This week has been an amazing week for Jamie’ Food Revolution. The petition has almost hit a half a million signatures! Thank you to everybody who has signed. If you haven’t yet signed - do it now and get all your friends, family and colleagues to sign too! This petition is America’s voice for change.
The campaign is making waves and this week we have heard amazing stories from all over the USA.
In Seattle they have started a group called Jamie Oliver Food Revolution Seattle. Inspired by the show and Jami’s work this pop-up grass-roots organisation is “fighting for delicious, wholesome food made with real ingredients in our schools, our workplace cafeterias, in homes in our communities.” Check out their launch “Teach a Kid to Cook Day” event on April 17th :
In Detroit, two young sisters were so inspired to cook by Jamie Oliver’s Food Revolution that they checked out his book from the local library and made a rice salad. Read all about it.
And in Vancouver, Canada, following an exchange on twitter with Jamie one mother was inspired to start Food Revolution Friday’s on her blog. Click here to find out her ideas on how to continue the Food Revolution.
Renegade Lunch Lady and Founder, F3 Foundation - Ann has transformed school meal programs across the country. Her groundbreaking work in Berkeley, California, formed the basis for a website to support Nutrition Services staff everywhere in making real change to school lunches. Ann is now implementing the Berkeley model for seasonal, fresh, sustainable school meals in Boulder, Colorado. Check out Ann’s blog.
About the author: Danny McCubbin is the website editor for JamieOliver.com.
Join our new Food Revolution Community Facebook page.
Find out more about Jamie's Food Revolution.
- Pilot Light Chefs Spark Food Education In Chicago
- Something For Lunch. Too Much To Ask For Kiwi Kids?
- Dirty Hands Can Lead To Healthy Hearts.
- TEDxManhattan: Changing The Way We Eat
- The 52 New Foods Challenge: Prepare For Success
- Food Truth Chefs Visit Food Literacy Center
- January 2015: New Year, New Challenges
- Making Wellness Happen In Forest Hills, Queens
- The 52 New Foods Challenge: Start The New Year Right
- The 52 New Foods Challenge: Easy Soup Recipes
- Food Revolution Toronto: Teamwork For A Common Goal
- Easy Holiday No Bake Desserts
- December 2014 Monthly Challenges
- The US School Food Fight: An Update
- Blog Of The Month: The 52 New Foods Challenge
- Ambassador Of The Month: Getting Kids Excited To Cook
- The UK School Food Plan - Year One
- Cooking Studio Brings Food Education To Taiwan
- Thanksgiving Leftovers For Breakfast
- Thanksgiving Food Traditions