Jamie's Food Revolution - Final EpisodeFri 23 Apr 2010
Story by Danny McCubbin
The final episode of Jamie's Food Revolution airs tonight on the ABC 9pm/8c. This week has been an amazing week for Jamie’ Food Revolution. The petition has almost hit a half a million signatures! Thank you to everybody who has signed. If you haven’t yet signed - do it now and get all your friends, family and colleagues to sign too! This petition is America’s voice for change.
The campaign is making waves and this week we have heard amazing stories from all over the USA.
In Seattle they have started a group called Jamie Oliver Food Revolution Seattle. Inspired by the show and Jami’s work this pop-up grass-roots organisation is “fighting for delicious, wholesome food made with real ingredients in our schools, our workplace cafeterias, in homes in our communities.” Check out their launch “Teach a Kid to Cook Day” event on April 17th :
In Detroit, two young sisters were so inspired to cook by Jamie Oliver’s Food Revolution that they checked out his book from the local library and made a rice salad. Read all about it.
And in Vancouver, Canada, following an exchange on twitter with Jamie one mother was inspired to start Food Revolution Friday’s on her blog. Click here to find out her ideas on how to continue the Food Revolution.
Renegade Lunch Lady and Founder, F3 Foundation - Ann has transformed school meal programs across the country. Her groundbreaking work in Berkeley, California, formed the basis for a website to support Nutrition Services staff everywhere in making real change to school lunches. Ann is now implementing the Berkeley model for seasonal, fresh, sustainable school meals in Boulder, Colorado. Check out Ann’s blog.
About the author: Danny McCubbin is the website editor for JamieOliver.com.
Join our new Food Revolution Community Facebook page.
Find out more about Jamie's Food Revolution.
- The 3rd Annual SWAT Cook-Off 2014
- Chinese-Processed Chicken In School Meals
- How Scholarships For Groceries Aim To Impact Food Deserts
- Common Threads' World Festival
- Calling All Moms, Parents, Advocates!
- The Cycle Of Giving
- What Does The Food Movement Mean To You?
- Food Revolution Day - Let's Get Kids Excited About Food
- Breathing Energy And Life Into Real Food And Education
- The Big Rig Comes To The City Of Angels
- Feed Me Dearly: The Power Of Good Food
- Empowering High Schoolers To Make Better Food Choices
- April’s Monthly Challenges
- The Global Food Revolution Continues
- Eating To Live
- Quality Time On The Mobile Teaching Big Rig
- Fast Food Advertising: It’s Time To Start Paying Attention
- Food Revolution Pittsburgh Cooking Club: Fancy Water
- How The Circus Turned My Picky Eater Into A Food Lover
- Getting Rooted In East Harlem