Jamie's Food Revolution - Final EpisodeFri 23 Apr 2010
Story by Danny McCubbin
The final episode of Jamie's Food Revolution airs tonight on the ABC 9pm/8c. This week has been an amazing week for Jamie’ Food Revolution. The petition has almost hit a half a million signatures! Thank you to everybody who has signed. If you haven’t yet signed - do it now and get all your friends, family and colleagues to sign too! This petition is America’s voice for change.
The campaign is making waves and this week we have heard amazing stories from all over the USA.
In Seattle they have started a group called Jamie Oliver Food Revolution Seattle. Inspired by the show and Jami’s work this pop-up grass-roots organisation is “fighting for delicious, wholesome food made with real ingredients in our schools, our workplace cafeterias, in homes in our communities.” Check out their launch “Teach a Kid to Cook Day” event on April 17th :
In Detroit, two young sisters were so inspired to cook by Jamie Oliver’s Food Revolution that they checked out his book from the local library and made a rice salad. Read all about it.
And in Vancouver, Canada, following an exchange on twitter with Jamie one mother was inspired to start Food Revolution Friday’s on her blog. Click here to find out her ideas on how to continue the Food Revolution.
Renegade Lunch Lady and Founder, F3 Foundation - Ann has transformed school meal programs across the country. Her groundbreaking work in Berkeley, California, formed the basis for a website to support Nutrition Services staff everywhere in making real change to school lunches. Ann is now implementing the Berkeley model for seasonal, fresh, sustainable school meals in Boulder, Colorado. Check out Ann’s blog.
About the author: Danny McCubbin is the website editor for JamieOliver.com.
Join our new Food Revolution Community Facebook page.
Find out more about Jamie's Food Revolution.
- Students Cook For The Homeless On Food Revolution Day
- Momentum Grows For Food Education Campaign!
- Penguin China Cooks Up A Food Revolution!
- Catch Up On Jamie’s Live #FRD2013 Google Hangout
- Cooking Field Trips For Food Revolution Day
- Big Love, Big Thanks!
- Let’s Get Food Education In Every School!
- Food Revolution Day 2013 Kicks Off Tomorrow!
- Work It! Food Revolution Day 2013 On The Job
- Nine Year Old Sadie Kick Starts A Food Revolution!
- Hangout With Jamie Oliver On Food Revolution Day!
- Host A School Activity With A Simple Lesson: Eat Good Food!
- Bringing Food Revolution Day To Campus
- One Meal Together: Stories From My Canadian Kitchen
- Making A Big Difference By Starting Small On #FRD2013
- Food Revolution Day Newry: Aiming Big For 2013
- A Key To Healthy Eating: Cook Together
- The Power Of Community For Food Revolution Day 2013
- Zynga Joins Food Revolution Day!
- A Simple Way To Join Food Revolution Day At Home