This Week – OYW PittsburghMon 15 Oct 2012
Story by The Food Revolution Team
This week sees the third annual One Young World (OYW) conference, being held for the first time in the USA in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
One Young World gathers together young people from all around the world, helping them to make lasting connections to create positive change. At the annual OYW conference, these young delegates, backed by the One Young World Counsellors, debate and formulate solutions for the pressing issues the world faces, and as a OYW Counsellor, Jamie is taking the Food Revolution to the conference for the second year running.
Later this week, Jamie will join One Young World in Pittsburgh, where he will highlight how we can all make a difference and play a part in reversing and preventing obesity and diet-related diseases and improving food options and food education - whether at school, at work, at home, or on main street.
In the lead up to the conference, we’ve been connecting some of our Food Revolution Community Ambassadors with OYW Delegates who are also interested in joining the Food Revolution and making changes in their local community. So far we’re delighted to have Ambassadors and Delegates connected in…
• Istanbul, and
Check out our teams list to see who your local Food Revolution Community Ambassador is.
Stay tuned to find out exactly what these folks are doing together in their communities and to hear more about OYW, and for exciting news of what Jamie will be doing in Pittsburgh, follow the conversation online on our Food Revolution Community page and by following @foodrev #FoodRevolution, #OYW and #Pittsburgh on twitter!
Watch Jamie’s OYW talk from last year here and get in the mood for a global Food Revolution!
Find out more about being a Food Revolution Ambassador and apply to become one here.
The Food Revolution Team
- Real Food And Conscious Living In Bend, Oregon
- Eat. Live. Travel. Write: Inspiring A Love Of Cooking Through Words
- Why Do You Eat Real?
- "If You Can Imagine It, You Can Achieve It!"
- Global Food Initiative
- London Flagship Food Boroughs – Tackling Obesity
- Breakfast: A Most Treasured Meal Of The Day
- Lifestyle Diseases – A Review Of Actions
- Food Lab Celebrates 30 Years Of Healthy Food Empowerment
- Sparking Change In Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Good And Cheap: Cooking Delicious Meals On A Budget
- July’s Monthly Challenges
- Food Revolution Day 2014 - The Results Are In!
- Ambassador Of The Month: Sándor From Hungary
- Blog Of The Month: These Girls Love Food
- School Lunch Standards At Risk: Updates
- FAVE - Improving Access To Healthy Foods
- How Jamie Oliver's Big Rig Tour Changed Our Lives
- June’s Monthly Challenges
- The 2013-2014 Big Rig Tour Around California!