This Week – OYW PittsburghMon 15 Oct 2012
Story by The Food Revolution Team
This week sees the third annual One Young World (OYW) conference, being held for the first time in the USA in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
One Young World gathers together young people from all around the world, helping them to make lasting connections to create positive change. At the annual OYW conference, these young delegates, backed by the One Young World Counsellors, debate and formulate solutions for the pressing issues the world faces, and as a OYW Counsellor, Jamie is taking the Food Revolution to the conference for the second year running.
Later this week, Jamie will join One Young World in Pittsburgh, where he will highlight how we can all make a difference and play a part in reversing and preventing obesity and diet-related diseases and improving food options and food education - whether at school, at work, at home, or on main street.
In the lead up to the conference, we’ve been connecting some of our Food Revolution Community Ambassadors with OYW Delegates who are also interested in joining the Food Revolution and making changes in their local community. So far we’re delighted to have Ambassadors and Delegates connected in…
• Istanbul, and
Check out our teams list to see who your local Food Revolution Community Ambassador is.
Stay tuned to find out exactly what these folks are doing together in their communities and to hear more about OYW, and for exciting news of what Jamie will be doing in Pittsburgh, follow the conversation online on our Food Revolution Community page and by following @foodrev #FoodRevolution, #OYW and #Pittsburgh on twitter!
Watch Jamie’s OYW talk from last year here and get in the mood for a global Food Revolution!
Find out more about being a Food Revolution Ambassador and apply to become one here.
The Food Revolution Team
- Thanksgiving Food Traditions
- Eating Real For The Holidays
- LAUSD: Smarter Lunchrooms
- Five Healthy Snack Ideas For Your Holiday Table
- Berkeley Passes Soda Tax
- Diaries From The Chicago Food Day 2014
- The Revolution Is Just Beginning
- RUSD Revolutionizes Children's Eating Behaviors
- Reinventing School Lunches In Chestnut Hill
- World Diabetes Day – ‘Off To The Right Start’
- Five New Side Dishes For Your Holiday Table
- Good Food Org Guide Lists Jamie Oliver Food Foundation
- The 52 New Foods Challenge
- Jamie Calls For An 'ambush' In Food Education Fight
- November 2014 Monthly Challenges
- Exploring The Food In Landlocked Developing Countries
- Blog Of The Month: Oh, Ladycakes
- Exciting News From The Chef Ann Foundation!
- Ambassador Of The Month: Food Education In Torpoint, UK
- Getting Kids To Eat Real Food, One New Food At A Time