Time To Celebrate Real Food In Heber Valley!Wed 20 Mar 2013
Story by Melissa Milam
Heber Valley Food Revolution is on a mission to improve the health of our children by upgrading the food in our communities through education, gardening & gatherings.
Nothing is more important to us than investing in a brighter future for our children. As we all know, that future begins with the quality of food that nourishes them.
This has been a great year for Heber Valley Food Revolution. School gardens are being planted, healthy vending machines are being installed, and fresh ingredients are being provided for school cooking classes! We are also working on a cookbook full of recipes from our community potlucks.
Food Revolution Day in Heber Valley
We are also gearing up for a truly epic Food Revolution Day Celebration! Friday, May 17th will kick off with a special panel discussion for the health care professionals of Heber Valley regarding the need for a Food Revolution Now. Attendees will enjoy a healthy breakfast at the beautiful Zermatt Resort in Midway UT. Following breakfast, one of our panel members Chef Jason Kieffer will be taking his mad DJ skills, and healthy smoothie shots to Wasatch High school for the Blended Beets program. As night falls, Chef Kieffer will head back to Zermatt Resort to prepare a truly special meal complete with music and dancing!
What better way to end such an amazing celebration than with an outdoor food fair and 5K honoring our local lunch ladies! Racers and spectators will enjoy local goods for sale, free services from local health care professionals and a pre-run yoga session.
Now thatís what we call a Food Revolution Day Celebration!
About the Author: Melissa Milam is a real food enthusiast, fitness trainer and mother of 4. She works closely with the school superintendent, food service supervisor, local health department & members of the Heber Valley Food Revolution Board.
- The 3rd Annual SWAT Cook-Off 2014
- Chinese-Processed Chicken In School Meals
- How Scholarships For Groceries Aim To Impact Food Deserts
- Common Threads' World Festival
- Calling All Moms, Parents, Advocates!
- The Cycle Of Giving
- What Does The Food Movement Mean To You?
- Food Revolution Day - Let's Get Kids Excited About Food
- Breathing Energy And Life Into Real Food And Education
- The Big Rig Comes To The City Of Angels
- Feed Me Dearly: The Power Of Good Food
- Empowering High Schoolers To Make Better Food Choices
- Aprilís Monthly Challenges
- The Global Food Revolution Continues
- Eating To Live
- Quality Time On The Mobile Teaching Big Rig
- Fast Food Advertising: Itís Time To Start Paying Attention
- Food Revolution Pittsburgh Cooking Club: Fancy Water
- How The Circus Turned My Picky Eater Into A Food Lover
- Getting Rooted In East Harlem