Time To Celebrate Real Food In Heber Valley!Wed 20 Mar 2013
Story by Melissa Milam
Heber Valley Food Revolution is on a mission to improve the health of our children by upgrading the food in our communities through education, gardening & gatherings.
Nothing is more important to us than investing in a brighter future for our children. As we all know, that future begins with the quality of food that nourishes them.
This has been a great year for Heber Valley Food Revolution. School gardens are being planted, healthy vending machines are being installed, and fresh ingredients are being provided for school cooking classes! We are also working on a cookbook full of recipes from our community potlucks.
Food Revolution Day in Heber Valley
We are also gearing up for a truly epic Food Revolution Day Celebration! Friday, May 17th will kick off with a special panel discussion for the health care professionals of Heber Valley regarding the need for a Food Revolution Now. Attendees will enjoy a healthy breakfast at the beautiful Zermatt Resort in Midway UT. Following breakfast, one of our panel members Chef Jason Kieffer will be taking his mad DJ skills, and healthy smoothie shots to Wasatch High school for the Blended Beets program. As night falls, Chef Kieffer will head back to Zermatt Resort to prepare a truly special meal complete with music and dancing!
What better way to end such an amazing celebration than with an outdoor food fair and 5K honoring our local lunch ladies! Racers and spectators will enjoy local goods for sale, free services from local health care professionals and a pre-run yoga session.
Now that’s what we call a Food Revolution Day Celebration!
About the Author: Melissa Milam is a real food enthusiast, fitness trainer and mother of 4. She works closely with the school superintendent, food service supervisor, local health department & members of the Heber Valley Food Revolution Board.
- The Real Food Innovator Awards
- California Legislation Calls For Warning Labels On Soda
- Real Food Media Project Announces Winners
- New School Meal Standards Increase Fruit, Vegetable Consumption
- A Visit From Jamie Oliver & His Mobile Kitchen Big Rig
- March’s Monthly Challenges
- Lessons Learned From Cooking
- The Big Rig Rolls On To Next NorCal Stop
- Coming Up On May 16 - The 3rd Food Revolution Day!
- Food Culture And Education In Japan
- Blog Of The Month: Veggie Desserts
- A Food Revolution Adventure From The US To Europe
- Encouraging Passions To Foster Our Sustainable Food Future
- Paying It Forward For Life
- Cooking Basics – Learning Cooking Skills And So Much More
- Edible Schoolyard New Orleans: Growing A Love Of Food
- Nutrition Provisions In The Farm Bill
- One Moms Mission For A Candy-free School Valentine
- Join In On The Fun At The Kids Food Festival
- A Naturally Sweet School Valentine's Day