Time To Celebrate Real Food In Heber Valley!Wed 20 Mar 2013
Story by Melissa Milam
Heber Valley Food Revolution is on a mission to improve the health of our children by upgrading the food in our communities through education, gardening & gatherings.
Nothing is more important to us than investing in a brighter future for our children. As we all know, that future begins with the quality of food that nourishes them.
This has been a great year for Heber Valley Food Revolution. School gardens are being planted, healthy vending machines are being installed, and fresh ingredients are being provided for school cooking classes! We are also working on a cookbook full of recipes from our community potlucks.
Food Revolution Day in Heber Valley
We are also gearing up for a truly epic Food Revolution Day Celebration! Friday, May 17th will kick off with a special panel discussion for the health care professionals of Heber Valley regarding the need for a Food Revolution Now. Attendees will enjoy a healthy breakfast at the beautiful Zermatt Resort in Midway UT. Following breakfast, one of our panel members Chef Jason Kieffer will be taking his mad DJ skills, and healthy smoothie shots to Wasatch High school for the Blended Beets program. As night falls, Chef Kieffer will head back to Zermatt Resort to prepare a truly special meal complete with music and dancing!
What better way to end such an amazing celebration than with an outdoor food fair and 5K honoring our local lunch ladies! Racers and spectators will enjoy local goods for sale, free services from local health care professionals and a pre-run yoga session.
Now that’s what we call a Food Revolution Day Celebration!
About the Author: Melissa Milam is a real food enthusiast, fitness trainer and mother of 4. She works closely with the school superintendent, food service supervisor, local health department & members of the Heber Valley Food Revolution Board.
- Blog Of The Month: Oh, Ladycakes
- Exciting News From The Chef Ann Foundation!
- Ambassador Of The Month: Food Education In Torpoint, UK
- Getting Kids To Eat Real Food, One New Food At A Time
- The Umbrella Movement & The Children Of Hong Kong
- Yummy Supper: Greens And Beans And Baked Eggs
- Yummy Supper: A Vehicle Of Deliciousness
- Berkeley’s Efforts To Pass Measure D, The Soda Tax
- The Crunch Heard 'Round The County
- Illinois Ambassadors Join Forces On Food Day 2014
- The Dining Room Table As A Nexus For Change
- Inspiring Healthy Change In Oregon For Food Day 2014
- World Food Day 2014
- Popsicles With A Touch Of Pizzazz
- California Thursdays Success Story
- Leading The Food Revolution In Cornwall And Devon
- Win For Nutrition Education In South Florida
- Big Apple Crunch Is Back On Food Day 2014
- Real Food Media Project Launches New Film Library And Contest
- October Monthly Challenges