Twitter Revolution: Frozen Fruits And Flavored MilkThu 16 Jun 2011
Story by The Food Revolution Team
We love greeting new tweeters and the regulars to our competition and party each week on Twitter and this week was an exciting one. We got fresh and tasty, talking frozen fruits and discussed the exciting recent news that the LAUSD has voted to remove flavored milk from their schools - that impacts over 680,000 students! This is amazing news for the Food Revolution. Check out our competition winner below – who receives a signed book from Jamie! - and the best tweets from the party.
TWITTER COMPETWITION #8 Tuesday June 14th 2011 6pm PDT / 9pm EDT
Question: Check out our yogurt pops! What snack would you make with frozen fruits and what would you call it? http://bit.ly/iWuKBm #FoodRevComp
Winner: Lavender-Lemon Blueberry Tarts
Jenny_adkins #foodrevcomp Lavender-Lemon Blueberry Tarts: frozen berries, fresh lemon juice, yogurt, lavender and mint – freeze in mini tart shells!
Best of the Rest
• Berries Heaven ImelB @FoodRevTeam mine would be Berries Heaven! Blackberry, blueberry, strawberry, honey, lemon zest and juice. Make it like Granita #FoodRevComp
• Frozen Grapes nwetsch I freeze grapes for snacks for the kids. Refreshing and healthy. #FoodRevComp
• Nutter-bana Smoothie LivingCB @FoodRevTeam #FoodRevComp We love frozen banana, 1 T peanut butter, ¼ C plain yogurt, 1 C skim. “Nutter-bana Smoothie”
Next Competwition: Tuesday June 21st 2011 6pm PDT / 9pm EDT
TWITTER PARTY #10 Wednesday June 15th 2011 4pm PDT / 7pm EDT
Party Questions & Best Tweets
Q1. What did you think of the LAUSD Board decision? #FoodRevParty
Myvirginkitchen 311 million people in the US - need just 1 million to sign a petition to support change. That's unbelievable #foodrevparty #foodrevolution
Mydietribe Journey of thousand miles begins w/one step. @FoodRevTeam: What does everyone think of the LAUSD board decision? #foodrevparty
Q2. Do your schools serve flavored milk? #FoodRevParty
@jenny_adkins: #foodrevparty yes BUT - My son has decided on his own to stop drinking chocolate milk and now loves "white milk" :-)
Q3. So our topic tonight is MILK! There are good natural ways to flavor milk, how do you flavor your drinks? #foodrevparty
Coffeecakesunda @FoodRevTeam warm milk with a dash of honey or vanilla bean. And you can't beat a berry smoothy! #foodrevparty
Q4. Great milk ideas, what about good homemade snacks to go with the plain, wholesome milk? #foodrevparty
Kellybean725 @FoodRevTeam Homemade oatmeal and cranberry cookies with a big glass of milk. Yummy! #foodrevparty
Healthyirishman Instead of having sweet things w/ milk how 'bout some sweet red pepper hummus w/ bake pita chips . A little savory & sweet. #foodrevparty
Next Party: Wednesday June 22nd 2011 7pm PDT / 10pm EDT
Thank you to everyone who took part, join us next week!
The Food Revolution Team
H: #FoodRevParty #FoodRevComp
FB: Food Revolution Community
- Orange Soup, Red Apples And Many Vegetables On The Big Rig
- A Family In Fresno Meets The Big Rig
- The Food Revolution Pittsburgh Cooking Club: Year One
- Propelling A School Food Revolution!
- December’s Monthly Challenges
- School Food And Policy In The U.S.
- Jamie's Foundation In America And It's Global Impact
- #FoodRevThanks And Gratitude
- Change Is Happening In Pittsburgh!
- Meet Our Malaysian Food Hero
- Blog Of The Month: The Wednesday Chef
- Cooking Up Change In Fresno
- Food Revolution Shake Up In Vienna
- Food Education: Counting Colors Instead Of Calories
- Mira’s Young Chefs - Hands-on, Educational And Fun Cooking Classes
- What Do You Mean, “Whole Foods – The Store?”
- Hong Kong’s Food Education Program – Think.Cook.Save.
- Manifesto For Pupils' Snack In Romania
- November’s Monthly Challenges
- High Protein Snacks That Satisfy