Top 10 Worst Processed FoodsWed 27 Oct 2010
Processed food is hard to avoid these days. It's everywhere and often sold as ‘healthy’. But awareness of the negative impacts of regular consumption is growing.
By reading the ingredients lists on the foods you buy, understanding what you are eating and cooking more fresh food for yourself and your family you can become empowered to make the right food choices. Ingredients lists shouldn't be a long list of unpronounceable things you've never heard of. Avoid processed foods and you will see and feel the benefits.
We asked the Food Revolution Community on Facebook what, in their opinion, was the worst processed food and hundreds of you posted your picks. Here are the results!
About the author: Janey Gourlay is the Campaigns Assistant for the Food Revolution
- Something For Lunch. Too Much To Ask For Kiwi Kids?
- Dirty Hands Can Lead To Healthy Hearts.
- TEDxManhattan: Changing The Way We Eat
- The 52 New Foods Challenge: Prepare For Success
- Food Truth Chefs Visit Food Literacy Center
- January 2015: New Year, New Challenges
- Making Wellness Happen In Forest Hills, Queens
- The 52 New Foods Challenge: Start The New Year Right
- The 52 New Foods Challenge: Easy Soup Recipes
- Food Revolution Toronto: Teamwork For A Common Goal
- Easy Holiday No Bake Desserts
- December 2014 Monthly Challenges
- The US School Food Fight: An Update
- Blog Of The Month: The 52 New Foods Challenge
- Ambassador Of The Month: Getting Kids Excited To Cook
- The UK School Food Plan - Year One
- Cooking Studio Brings Food Education To Taiwan
- Thanksgiving Leftovers For Breakfast
- Thanksgiving Food Traditions
- Eating Real For The Holidays