Tune Into Jamie Oliverís Google+ HangoutFri 18 May 2012
Story by The Food Revolution Day Team
This Saturday marks the first ever Food Revolution Day, a global food festival taking place in homes and communities all across the world. The Food Revolution will help educate, empower and inspire people to stand up for their rights to better food education and real food.
To celebrate the day, Jamie Oliver is hosting his first ever live Google+ Hangout On Air, connecting with four Food Revolutionaries across the world for an interactive dinner and conversation around the Food Revolution. Anyone can tune and watch the broadcast live at 5pm PST/8pm EST on the Food Revolution Google+ Page, or on the homepage of foodrevolutionday.com.
Itís sure to be a fun half hour, with really inspiring conversation -- plus thereíll be a few viewing parties dropping in to say hello from around the world during the hangout! If you're unable to join the Hangout live, weíll be posting and editing the best bits for you to see later.
People all over the world have been sharing their revolutionary meals with Jamie and the community on Google+. Share your revolutionary meals, Food Revolution Day feasts and real food celebrations with us by uploading your recipes and images, or even videos, onto Google+ by tagging them #FoodRevolution.
Want to get involved in the day itself? There are loads of amazing events taking place across the world, with food education at their heart, so take a look at the global Food Revolution Day map to see whatís happening in your area that you can attend this weekend and join your community in standing up for real food!
Thereís still time to host a dinner party this weekend too, why not take a trip to your local farmersí market on Saturday and pick up some fresh produce to share with family and friends on Saturday night. Donít forget to add your dinner party to the map and join hundreds and thousands of people across the world make some noise on Food Revolution Day!
The Food Revolution Day Team
- A Family In Fresno Meets The Big Rig
- The Food Revolution Pittsburgh Cooking Club: Year One
- Propelling A School Food Revolution!
- Decemberís Monthly Challenges
- School Food And Policy In The U.S.
- Jamie's Foundation In America And It's Global Impact
- #FoodRevThanks And Gratitude
- Change Is Happening In Pittsburgh!
- Meet Our Malaysian Food Hero
- Blog Of The Month: The Wednesday Chef
- Cooking Up Change In Fresno
- Food Revolution Shake Up In Vienna
- Food Education: Counting Colors Instead Of Calories
- Miraís Young Chefs - Hands-on, Educational And Fun Cooking Classes
- What Do You Mean, ďWhole Foods Ė The Store?Ē
- Hong Kongís Food Education Program Ė Think.Cook.Save.
- Manifesto For Pupils' Snack In Romania
- Novemberís Monthly Challenges
- High Protein Snacks That Satisfy
- Halloween Treat - Rocky Road Kill Recipe!