Twitter Revolution: Cupcakes, Chefs And CookingThu 23 Jun 2011
Story by The Food Revolution Team
The twitter revolution continues and don’t worry, we’ll still be on twitter once the Season 2 is over. The Food Revolution is here to stay! As we near July and think about our summer plans bake sale cupcakes, cooking in your community and local chef champions were on the agenda.
We talked cupcake creations and found that you feel that local chef champions are a great idea and way to improve awareness around the food we eat, where it comes from and gaining confidence in the kitchen. Check out our competition winner below – who receives a signed book from Jamie! - and the best tweets from the party.
TWITTER COMPETWITION #9 Tuesday June 21st 2011 6pm PDT / 9pm EDT
Question: ‘What cupcakes would you make for a Food Revolution bake sale & what would you call them? #FoodRevParty http://bit.ly/mmAe20’
Winner: Gone Bananas
JennLStevens @FoodRevTeam I would make Banana Oatmeal Cupcakes called “Gone Bananas!” #FoodRevComp
Best of the Rest
• Carrot Cupcakes
DreanaMom #FoodRevComp what’s cUPcake Doc? Carrot cupcakes- just like they sound, but replace sugar with apple sauce. I’m a wordsmith, not a chef lol
• Lemon Raspberry Surprise
ADDHousewife @FoodRevTeam my favorite are lemon raspberry surprise.. surprise there are veggies in it! #foodrevcomp
• Lemon Heaven
Stephanieruns @FoodRevTeam lemon filled vanilla cupcakes with a lemon icing and a blueberry on top. I’d call it lemon heaven! #FoodRevComp
Next Competwition: Tuesday June 28th 2011 6pm PDT / 9pm EDT
TWITTER PARTY #11 Wednesday June 22nd 2011 7pm PDT / 10pm EDT
Party Questions & Best Tweets
Q1. What ideas do you have to get your community cooking? #FoodRevParty
OutoftheBoxFood We’ve hosted community viewing parties of food docs like @foodinc – Get’s people inspired to cook fresh @FoodRevTeam
Q2. Have you been to any chef demos? If so what did they show you how to cook? #FoodRevParty
Stephanieruns @FoodRevTeam the grocery store here has a cooking school! I just need to remember to sign up #FoodRevParty
Q3. Been in contact with any chefs? What do you think about getting chefs involved in schools? #FoodRevParty
JoyKuebler @FoodRevTeam: getting chefs involved in schools #FoodRevParty way to link kids to food, chefs to be mentors and kids to positive future
Q4. If you had a restaurant what would you call it & what would be your specialty dish? #FoodRevParty
Cravenmavenblog @FoodRevTeam Tiffany’s and it would serve traditional breakfasts from cultures around the world. And only breakfasts. #foodrevparty
Q5. What Food Revolution plans do you have for this summer? #FoodRevParty
Scatteredmom @FoodRevTeam we are doing our #foodrevolution road trip! 8000 kms, no fast food, eat out only at dinner. Pack lunchs, visit markets. #foodrevparty
Q6. We have some great kid recipes on our site, what summer recipes will you be doing with the kids? #FoodRevParty
Johane_Levesque @FoodRevTeam BBQ and salads--- Tons of each and very few repeats!
Next Party: Wednesday June 29th 2011 7pm PDT / 10pm EDT
Thank you to everyone who took part, join us next week!
The Food Revolution Team
H: #FoodRevComp #FoodRevParty
FB: Food Revolution Community
- December’s Monthly Challenges
- School Food And Policy In The U.S.
- Jamie's Foundation In America And It's Global Impact
- #FoodRevThanks And Gratitude
- Change Is Happening In Pittsburgh!
- Meet Our Malaysian Food Hero
- Blog Of The Month: The Wednesday Chef
- Cooking Up Change In Fresno
- Food Revolution Shake Up In Vienna
- Food Education: Counting Colors Instead Of Calories
- Mira’s Young Chefs - Hands-on, Educational And Fun Cooking Classes
- What Do You Mean, “Whole Foods – The Store?”
- Hong Kong’s Food Education Program – Think.Cook.Save.
- Manifesto For Pupils' Snack In Romania
- November’s Monthly Challenges
- High Protein Snacks That Satisfy
- Halloween Treat - Rocky Road Kill Recipe!
- Jamie Oliver Addresses The Global Food Revolution
- Huntington’s Kitchen Still Going Strong!
- Little Chef Cooks: Making Cooking More Accessible To Kids